SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:57 AM
Sage User

Sage TV 4.1.6 - no channel 4 video with MVP

Deanm

I have exactly the same problem. Live TV and recordings of channel 4 (and the other affected channels you mentioned) are fine when viewing on a PC, but there is only sound when viewing on an MVP.

I tried 4.1.7 and things only got worse - no video on any channels with an MVP, just like you said.

Have you reported this as a bug?

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Wrong sound track bug

I have an update for SageTV 4.1.8 for the wrong sound track bug, please test
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/MpegDeMux.ax
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/TSSplitter.ax

Qian
Old 02-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Sage Icon

This is to try to address the issue where C4, E4, More4 etc. pick up a silent track or a useless commentary track. ("Mariel picks up some red meat. Mariel puts the red meat on the counter." etc.)

I've tried with mixed results, but I'm away from home using the placeshifter...so if we can get some feedback on whether this works on a standard SageTV installation where this has been an issue, that would be really handy!

It's a good job the latest series of ER is so bad, as most of those have been silent...
Old 03-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

I do not have a problem picking up the wrong track. My problem is that I can not watch anything on my MPV when using my DVB-T card. Everything works OK when using a client PC. I could use the MVP in 4.1.6 but something went wrong in the 4.1.7 and 4.18. I have installed the above files and I still have the same fault.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Sage Expert

I'm having a mare getting DVB-t setup!!

I have a PCI nova-t card and just can't seem to get it going fully.

I have had no success at all using the sbda recorder thing - It is probably me being a dumba** though.

I have had the best results using the sage .frq file.

The problem is I still can't get some cannels:
CHannel 4
More4
ABC1
QVC

The channels show up fine in the win2000 app, but not in Sage. Channel 4 even crashes theSage UI totally.

I have attached my .frq file for you to have a look at.

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture-0.txt (1.1 KB, 344 views)
Old 03-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage Expert

Just had another play - I managed to get channel4 for a moment. I turned over to test other channels, then turned back and it was gone again (and crashed the UI to boot)
Old 03-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Sage Expert

Another update.

The UI isn't crashing when I turn to channel4. It is just freezing for a looooong time. It does kick in after about two and a half minutes. ODD!!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
The UI isn't crashing when I turn to channel4. It is just freezing for a looooong time. It does kick in after about two and a half minutes. ODD!!
This is a known problem, a fix has been developed and should be released with the next version of the beta (hopefully!) - maybe Qian will put an update up at http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/ sooner, keep an eye on it.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Try beta 4.1.11 please. we have the fix in it
Old 04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Sage User

Qian

Excellent job.

One small question.

When I start Sage it seems to lose the channel tunnings from the previous session. To solve the problem I have to go to the channel setup screen and double click the view button. This action causes sage to find the channel again. Is this a design feature? or a bug? Do I need to leave the PC on all the time with Sage running continuously?

Any help much appreciated.

PC

Last edited by Pork Chop; 04-03-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

Decided to try the beta DVB support as SDBARecorder is crashing at random once a week.

Using 4.1.12 and 2 x Cinergy 2400i cards the majority of channels appear to work but there are problems with one or two:

Sky News, Sky Sports News - if first channel chosen on startup nothing is shown (no signal). If I view a working channel first then switch to these channels, the original channel is shown.

BBC One, E4, More4, More4+1 - Seem to tune in occasionally, quite often no signal.

Any thoughts? Freq file attached in case anyone can spot any problems. Have reverted back to SBDARecorder for now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Cinergy 2400i DT Capture 1-0.txt (1.5 KB, 229 views)
Old 04-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Sage Icon

Looks like you've rounded all your frequencies, that screwed things on a couple of channels for me. They should be:

See if that helps. If not, don't give up, email the details to betatest at sagetv dot com. This is still a beta and if people don't report problems to Sage they won't get fixed...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-13-2006, 03:54 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Looks like you've rounded all your frequencies, that screwed things on a couple of channels for me. They should be:

See if that helps. If not, don't give up, email the details to betatest at sagetv dot com. This is still a beta and if people don't report problems to Sage they won't get fixed...
How come the channels sometimes tune even though they are rounded up?

I have used your suggestion - which works for most, but a couple of channels have to use the rounded up number to get anything.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
How come the channels sometimes tune even though they are rounded up?
I have no idea.

I just know putting the exact frequencies fixed a couple of problem channels for me. Perhaps they normally don't need to be exact, maybe it depends on signal strength. I'm guessing. IIRC when Sage tunes it does some rounding too.

I'm not surprised rounded frequencies often work, but I am surprised they sometimes work better than the correct ones.

Anyone out there really clued up on DVB-T broadcasting and can educate us dimwits?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients