SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

But isn't any STV brings you to the program guide menu when you press ctrl-x?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orky7
But isn't any STV brings you to the program guide menu when you press ctrl-x?
It depends on if there is a "guide" listener in the menu. The import should put a guide listener in the "MediaPlayer OSD" (liveTV) OSD that will turn on the miniguide and shut it off...

Jim
Old 01-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh... I see...
My STV version is 4.0.0 for october 25th.
Isn't it the latest?
And is it depends on the software version?

Sorry for all the trouble...
Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

here is the link for 4.1
There also is a beta 4.14 out that I have not tried yet..

I found the 4.0 stv and the issue.. I was searching for a wiget that was added in 4.1 It should be an easy change...
Jim

Last edited by jbuszkie; 01-14-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok.. I was wrong.. I couldn't find the issue.. When I actually tried it.. It still worked.. So I'm not sure what your issue was.. Check your properties file.. look for
Cayars/use_mini_guide = true &
Cayars/bind_mini_guide = true

if either of these are set to false then the guide won't come up.

Anyway.. This version will put the one of the widgets in the right spot whether you use SageTV3.stv or SageTV3.xml... Which I think was the difference between 4.0 4.1???
if not.. Then someone please send me the 4.0 default stv if the new import below doesn't work.

Thanks,

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip miniguide_plugin_0_81.zip (5.7 KB, 221 views)
Old 01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, I'll try it out and let you know!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
4. Added a Icon which will also tell you if a show was recorded digitally (the blue "D" icon)
5. Added cayars mini-guide to the OSD.
Correct me if I'm wrong but your "D" icon means it is an HDTV show recorded in HD correct? If so then I suggest just toggling the regular HD icon with the one I attached with the green border instead of using an additional icon. If you feel strongly enough about using the D icon then I'll make you one (considering I made the official ones I'd rather keep them consistent )

as for number 5 I just want to give credit to MLBdude since I'm pretty sure he created the miniguide originally which Cayars chucked into his STV.
Attached Images
File Type: png MarkerD.png (15.5 KB, 286 views)
Old 01-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Correct me if I'm wrong but your "D" icon means it is an HDTV show recorded in HD correct?
Not really.. What I want the D to refer is a broadcast that was recorded with a digital tuner. It doesn't have to be specifically HD content. It can be SD.. but just recorded on the HD tuner. I'd rather watch a SD broadcast that was recorded digitally rather than watch the same program that was recorded over the analog cable.

Quote:
If you feel strongly enough about using the D icon then I'll make you one (considering I made the official ones I'd rather keep them consistent )
I'd appreciate it.. Can you also make the numbers 0-9 in some different color (I picked orange for no real reason except that yellow, green, cyan and a couple of others were already used) that I can use to signify an encoder number?

Quote:
as for number 5 I just want to give credit to MLBdude since I'm pretty sure he created the miniguide originally which Cayars chucked into his STV
Oops!.. It's been so long that I didn't remember that.. Thanks for giving credit where credit is due!

Jim
Old 01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well... It still doesn't work for me...
I think I'll just wait for your STV...
That would be the best solution for me.

Thanks anyway,
orky7!
Old 01-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Bummer... I'd like to know why it didn't work. Can you PM me with your STV that's not working?

has anyone else tried it yet... with success??

Jim
Old 01-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Installed today and everything works perfectly. I clicked on the button that I have my remote setup to take me to the EPG and the mini guide popped up. (I don't like it this way, I would rather have a different key mapped to it) But it work. I could arrow through the guide and hit enter to go to the selected channel. I am using ver 4.1.4 original STV with numourous stvi's imported (dynamic menus, weather suite, rss reader, mobo monitor, imdb) Great job.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 01-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi again Jim!
I have some suggestions for improvments for the mini-guide:

1. when you activate the mini-guide, it takes you to the first channel automaticly. It would be great if you could make it go to the channel you are watching now.

2. I t would be great if we could travel in the mini-guide, and when we see a show we want to record, we could just press the record button and a red line would come over the show and it will be recorded.

3. It would add alot if the mini-guide would come up with a fade.

I don't know if it's possible to make all those stuff, but the mini-guide would be perfect with them.

Thanks,
orky7
Old 01-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orky7
1. when you activate the mini-guide, it takes you to the first channel automaticly. It would be great if you could make it go to the channel you are watching now.
I'll see about this one.. This would be nice..

Quote:
2. I t would be great if we could travel in the mini-guide, and when we see a show we want to record, we could just press the record button and a red line would come over the show and it will be recorded.
I like this too.. I think this is do-able too

Quote:
3. It would add alot if the mini-guide would come up with a fade.
... This I'm not so sure about.. I'll have to look into this..

This might be a little more tricky. The menu's fade in and out nicely.. but I don't know how hard it would be to get panels to fade in and out.. It would look cool..

I'll also look to see if I can add the first run and HD markers.

Can't promise anything...

If I add anything I'll post a new thread..

Oh.. and I'll look to see about making the mini-guide come up with a custom command.

Jim
Old 01-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Bummer... I'd like to know why it didn't work. Can you PM me with your STV that's not working?

has anyone else tried it yet... with success??

Jim

Installed it today and everything works as advertized. I just extracted the stv and imported it, no restart or anything. Running 4.1.4 beta, webserver, dynamic menu, imdb import and the comskip import.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
anyway to make it like it was in MLBDUDE2 stv?
Not binded to the program button and activate it from LiveTV with up and down arrows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion
Installed it today and everything works as advertized. I just extracted the stv and imported it, no restart or anything. Running 4.1.4 beta, webserver, dynamic menu, imdb import and the comskip import.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 01-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
anyway to make it like it was in MLBDUDE2 stv?
Not binded to the program button and activate it from LiveTV with up and down arrows?
As it is now? no.
Isn't the default behavior for up and down to change channels? And instead you want the miniguide to pop up?

.. I'll add that to the potential list....

Jim
Old 01-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
As it is now? no.
Isn't the default behavior for up and down to change channels? And instead you want the miniguide to pop up?

.. I'll add that to the potential list....

Jim

I thought the up and down arrows were for movement and the channel + and - were to change channels?????????
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 01-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
I thought the up and down arrows were for movement and the channel + and - were to change channels?????????
Sorry.. For some reason I was thinking arrow Up/down=Channel up/dn.

I understand what he wants now...

Jim
Old 01-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

The way Cayar's had the mini-guide work was that the Guide button continued to open the full guide. To open the mini-guide you pressed either the up or down arrow button. Once the mini-guide was on screen then the up and down arrow button changed the time slot. The left and right buttons scrolled thru the channels. I really liked it working like that. Intuitive and you could still get to the full guide if needed.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
The way Cayar's had the mini-guide work was that the Guide button continued to open the full guide. To open the mini-guide you pressed either the up or down arrow button. Once the mini-guide was on screen then the up and down arrow button changed the time slot. The left and right buttons scrolled thru the channels. I really liked it working like that. Intuitive and you could still get to the full guide if needed.
The way it works on my 2.x machine (which is still my main machine) I have to hit guide and then I can use up/dn to change channels (not left/right) and then left/right will change the time slot(not up/down).

Jim