SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:49 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you for your hard work DocDrydenn! I've been trying to get ISO mounts to work and haven't been able to. I've posted in many other topics with no success. I'll try Dooms_Day's method and see if that works for me. I'm hoping that all my DVD images have their metadata. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

FYI.. I just posted an import to mount and play ISO images in sage with or without an external DVD player.

Take a look here Nothing spectacular... Just basic finctionality somewhat to what was in Cayars..

It doesn't address the ISO issue... But I mount .mds files and it seems to work just fine...

Jim

I thought I had already posted to this thread.. Andy, did you remove it? Or did I forget to hit submit??
Old 07-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
FYI.. I just posted an import to mount and play ISO images in sage with or without an external DVD player.

Take a look here Nothing spectacular... Just basic finctionality somewhat to what was in Cayars..

It doesn't address the ISO issue... But I mount .mds files and it seems to work just fine...

Jim

I thought I had already posted to this thread.. Andy, did you remove it? Or did I forget to hit submit??
What do you mean "It doesn't address the ISO issue..." ??? I thought this mounts and plays ISOs...what issue am I missing?
Old 07-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

It will mount an ISO or an MDS or whatever you specify in the import extensions. I saw the issue with the ISO so I just switched to mount the mds files (which get created with the ISO in my setup) Damon tools treats the MDS like the ISO but sage doesn't have an issue with it because it's so small..

The big question is... does everyone have MDS files created with their ISO's!

Edit: This issue was that some ISO's take over 10 minutes for Sage to import. The belief is that it's going through the whole ISO image to find a recording length. Some ISO's have the Duration tag... some don't.. Some of the above posts better explain the issue...

Jim

Last edited by jbuszkie; 07-23-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

ISO importing delay resolved....

With the help of Gkusnick's WMP parser code, I was able to write an quick ISO parser. Now the Parser will add the file to the library, not the core of sage. So the Delay that was experienced when importing ISO's should be gone.

Take a look here for instructions.

Jim
Old 12-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to bbroerman
Ok, now, how about SageTV v5 standard (not mce)?

What's the best option for getting this to work in SageTV (Standard) v5 or v6?

This could be the cornerstone in my next big media center project...
Old 12-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroerman
What's the best option for getting this to work in SageTV (Standard) v5 or v6?

This could be the cornerstone in my next big media center project...
Take a look at my plugin.. a couple posts above this has the link..

Mine was designed for the standard... not MCE..

The only bug I'm aware of is if you use the neilms dynamic main menu and play a regular DVD. It won't unmount the image. I'm going to fix this.

Now for V6.. I'm not sure if it will work "out of the box" I hope to have all my plugins up to V6 sometime this month... I have not tried this yet with V6..

Jim

Last edited by jbuszkie; 12-28-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Sage User

For MCE using an external player for DVD’s this is what I did.

In the Sage.properties (in the mlbdude section, yours may not have this, I don't remember when I put all that in my sage.properties. It's been so long) you should just be able to add it if its not there.

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.ISO,.iso,.mdf,.MDF,.mds,.MDS

Add the above file types to the seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions= in the sage.properties so that they show up in your library.

In the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE edit the media_player.cmd so that it looks like this

"C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0, %1
call dvd_player.cmd

Make sure that you have daemon tools installed and in the default directory.

And here is what my dvd_player.cmd looks like
"C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe" /NOSPLASH /PL %1

Here is a run down of what goes on, when you select an .iso or .mdf or .mds file it will run the media_player.cmd which will mount the image with daemon tools and then call the dvd_player.cmd to run which in my case launches TheaterTek. The only issue I have found is that if there is a DVD in the DVD-ROM TheaterTek will play that instead of the mounted .iso or .mdf. This is easily solved my not having a DVD in the DVD-ROM.

Sorry if that is hard to follow.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x1a4
I made dooms_day's changes, but the files still don't show up. I tried adding .ISO and .iso to the line seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions, but now when I go to My Videos, Sage just seems to hang. I guess it may be trying to read the ISO files itself. Any ideas?

*Update* - You do need to add the extentions to the import line in sage.properties, the issue I was having was from just one ISO in the folder. Not sure why it was causing Sage to go nuts, I can mount it in Daemon tools manually, and play it fine. But all good, thanks for the tip dooms_day!
I have found that sometimes for what ever reason Sage will not like the .iso files clonedvd creates. The work around that I have found is to mount the .iso and use alchohol120 to convert it to a .mds file. So far I have not had any .mds file cause me any problems once they were converted.