SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch92 View Post
Any idea ?
The easiest way to uninstall a plug-in is just to just load up a fresh copy of the STV (SageTV3.xml).

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-09-2010, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

You also have to remove the winamp plugin from the sageclient.properties media player plugin class entries.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

How do i get Winamp visualizations in Sage v7?

I have been using Sage MC on version 6 and love the winamp visualizations. I was trying to see if i can get used to the default V7 but cant get the winamp visualizations to work reliably.....

If i use the default v7 STV all i get is a black screen (note not even the 'standard' visualizations that should be there !!!!).

I tried to follow the instructions in first post here for installing the winamp helper xml via studio (These instructions will need updating BTW). The second half of these worked ok but the first section doestnt work as it used to (the View Visualizations reference is in a different place, there is no xxxxOSD menu to remove and adding the winamp helper to the global context add doesnt seem to do anything......)

However after making these changes if i load the SageMC STV, play a music track and visualize i get the winamp visualization as expected. Now if i revert to the Sage 7 STV (modified as above) the first time play a song and select view visualization i get the winamp one BUT stopping the visualization and then restarting it doesnt work I get the background picture with the drumstick and a "Visualisation playing" message in the top left that doesnt go away...

It seems having the winamp visualizations in V7 should work ... Can anybody tell me what i am doing wrong and/or help figure out if something else needs to be changed while editing the STV.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

More info on Winamp Visualizations

Well the previous post didnt get much responce ... hopefully some Sage expert out there will be able to help now i have more info.

It turns out my problem boils down to a Focus issue when entering and leaving the visualizations.

The current situation is as folows ...

Entering visualizations
Works some of the time BUT when it fails and i am looking at the Drumstick picture the visualization is actually running in the background and an <Alt><Tab> will bring it up.
Another interesting element is that the result is unpredicatable (sometimes works and sometimes doesnt) when entering from the Options menu at the bottom of the page or from the Options dialog box. However if i simply left click in the bottom of the screen where the play controls are the entry is Good every time... (but i cant figure out how to do this with the remote...)

Exiting the visualization (via the Back command)
Leaves Sage without the Focus and it brings up the taskbar with Sage Flashing on it. Just one mouse click on Sage and all is well. (Note i tried the 'always on top' feature mentioned in this thread but it didnt work for me)

I have poked around in Studio a little but i dont have enough knowledge to fix this. It seams this would be trivial for someone knowledgable in the art....Is there any kind hearted Sage programmer out there who can help?

As always thanks in advance for your help
Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Low tech work around for visualization focus problem

In case anyone else is having this problem i have a workaround.. i turned on the focus follows mouse feature in windows 7..... seems to work most of the time so far at least. Not sure if there are any negative side effects yet... I would still like a real solution if any one has one.

.... now just waiting for the My Movies plugin and my Sage world will be complete.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
.... now just waiting for the My Movies plugin and my Sage world will be complete.
You say that, but trust us.. it'll neer be 'complete'. As soon as you get my movies isntalled, someone will tease abotu another new plugin they are working on, and you'll start waiting for that one.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

You are so right last time it was firewire then comskip then .... then ..then ...
Old 12-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow, my turn to try this, as it's the only thing that's made me hesitate to install v7.