SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

geogecko,
That was it! It's working great for me now.
Winamp 5.5, Milkdrop2, SageTV 6.3.5, SageMC 6.3.6.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Latest / Greatest

I have just installed the latest versions of both Sage and SageMC.

I used to have this Winamp plugin installed and working in an earlier version but can't seem to get the visualizations going now.
I have it now to where the music is sent through Winamp and have read through the docs several times.
Are there newer docs? When I opened 'Studio' (Ctrl/Shift/F12) I did not see anything that was referenced in the docs (and pretty well made a mess trying to hack around with editor).

I added the lines to the properties file, changed the Winamp config..but got stuck on the editor... any suggestions?

Or, would some one give me a copy of their file with this already added....or is that even possible?

Last edited by JDizzy; 02-25-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Ideas
Old 02-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy View Post
I have just installed the latest versions of both Sage and SageMC.

I used to have this Winamp plugin installed and working in an earlier version but can't seem to get the visualizations going now.
I have it now to where the music is sent through Winamp and have read through the docs several times.
Are there newer docs? When I opened 'Studio' (Ctrl/Shift/F12) I did not see anything that was referenced in the docs (and pretty well made a mess trying to hack around with editor).

I added the lines to the properties file, changed the Winamp config..but got stuck on the editor... any suggestions?

Or, would some one give me a copy of their file with this already added....or is that even possible?
There was a bug introduced some time back that you might be experiencing. Try to take Sage out of fullscreen mode. Right click the titlebar of the Sage window, and make sure the Always on top check mark is checked. Then put Sage back to fullscreen mode. It should work then.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
After many months of this not working, all of a sudden, with the change of one setting, I got it to work correctly.

In the past, when I've tried to start the visualization, I would just see a black window with text saying something like "Visualization started or running."

The setting I changed, was to put a checkmark in the visualization preferences (configure), where it says "Minimize Winamp when going fullscreen."

This is the opposite setting that the instructions tell you to do, as quoted here:

Quote:
..........iii) in the bottom section it is NOT set to "minimize winamp when going fullscreen"
So I'm not sure if this will work in all cases, but I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

I'm using version 5.21 of Winamp, and after all the settings in the first post, and then this one modification, in my startup folder, I also have Winamp set to startup. This causes me to always have Winamp up on the desktop, no matter what. I thought it would just be in the systray, but that hasn't been the case. But now that the visualization is working, I don't really care...

You may need to do this.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

Mine is still intermittant, even after that change...I'm rarely ever brave enough to try and visualize anything any more, due to it not working all the time...

=(

I thought it was fixed, but several hours later (maybe days), it stopped working again.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
There was a bug introduced some time back that you might be experiencing. Try to take Sage out of fullscreen mode. Right click the titlebar of the Sage window, and make sure the Always on top check mark is checked. Then put Sage back to fullscreen mode. It should work then.
I know of this and have tried.
My hangup is when I go and start Sage and load the editor (Ctrl/Shift/F12)
I import the 'WinampHelper Menu' into the file.
I search through all that and never find where I am supposed to 'drag the WinampHelper Menu' to.
Nor can I find the 'MediaPlayer OSD' mentioned that needs to be deleted....

Then the docs say, "repeat steps 4-11 for the following menus:
'AlbumDetailPage' and 'Music by Artist'

I mean...where is all this Stuff at?
In previous versions of Sage I could find the above mentioned items... but I
can't see to find them in 6.3.
As I said, does anyone have a 'stock' STV with this loaded in that I might try, or start with?
(I am running the latest 6.3.10.166)

Or, maybe a few tips on what the new items are that need editing withing that file....

EDIT
I just ended up loading J River Media in Theater View from the Sage menu and am using that for my music and visuals.. it cannot run Milkdrop but can run GForce visuals.

Last edited by JDizzy; 03-29-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

Nope, it hasn't worked reliably for a long time for me. For me, I know it will fail 100% of the time, when I have someone over, showing things off... =)

I really liked it, but may be replacing the HTPC in the living room with an HD Extender anyway, and the HTPC will go headless, thereby having no need for this plugin anymore, as cool as it is...
Old 12-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone able to remove this plugin and restore normal SageTV audio playback? All of my files are FLAC, and once I set the "mlbdude/use_winamp_plugin=true" property to false, and removed all the "media_player_plugin_class/???=WinampPlugin" to just "media_player_plugin_class/m4a=", I just get an audio playback error.

I was pretty sure that Sage supported FLAC files now, if I'm not mistaken. Is there something else I need to do in order to make this work with Sage again?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not sure what you need to do to get it working with your setup, but I can confirm that Sage works great for FLAC playback.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 12-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
EDIT
I just ended up loading J River Media in Theater View from the Sage menu and am using that for my music and visuals.. it cannot run Milkdrop but can run GForce visuals.
Can you tell me a little bit more about how you did this?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Sage User

Will this plugin work with the ST-200 extender?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

No, you can't run Winamp on an extender I don't think. It's too bad, because Milkdrop is the only real reason I haven't dropped my HTPC for an extender.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn View Post
No, you can't run Winamp on an extender I don't think. It's too bad, because Milkdrop is the only real reason I haven't dropped my HTPC for an extender.
Interesting. That was my whole reason for keeping the HTPC as well, but the plugin hasn't worked reliably for me in months... Does it work most of the time for you?

Of course, now that Blu-Ray drives for PC's are so cheap now, that is another compelling reason to keep the HTPC...
Old 02-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Interesting. That was my whole reason for keeping the HTPC as well, but the plugin hasn't worked reliably for me in months... Does it work most of the time for you?
Yes, it works for me. I took a slightly different approach, though. I didn't try to integrate the visiualization plug-in directly into Sage using Studio. Instead, I have a girder macro that minimizes Sage and then sends a command directly to Winamp to start the visualization. I also enabled the "hidden extras" in Sage so that I can use the Custom 4/5 commands to navigate songs in the playlist while the visualization is running.

Quote:
Of course, now that Blu-Ray drives for PC's are so cheap now, that is another compelling reason to keep the HTPC...
I recently got fed up with buggy BD software on the PC and bought a set-top Blu-Ray player....
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Sage User

That's too bad. I really liked the visualizations and winamp's player beats the hell out of the music player in Sage. Much smoother playback of flac files and plays some mp3s that Sage stalls on.

jkohn, how do you setup the Custom 4/5 commands to navigate songs? I would like to setup a couple of commands for my harmony 670 to skip to next song or previous song.

Last edited by sonoman; 02-09-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoman View Post
That's too bad. I really liked the visualizations and winamp's player beats the hell out of the music player in Sage. Much smoother playback of flac files and plays some mp3s that Sage stalls on.

jkohn, how do you setup the Custom 4/5 commands to navigate songs? I would like to setup a couple of commands for my harmony 670 to skip to next song or previous song.
There's a setting in the .properties file, called "enable_extras" or something like that. When you set it to true, the Custom4/5 commands will navigate songs during music playback. (This "enable_extras" turns on a bunch of other features you may or may not like, but you can go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize to configure them, they're listed under "Malore's Extras").

Last edited by jkohn; 02-10-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Sage User

OK, I enabled the hidden extras but how do I send the custom 4/5 commands. Simply pushing 4 or 5 during playback doesn't work. Am I missing something simple here?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoman View Post
OK, I enabled the hidden extras but how do I send the custom 4/5 commands. Simply pushing 4 or 5 during playback doesn't work. Am I missing something simple here?
In Setup, go to detailed setup, and then Commands. You'll need to map the Custom4/Custom5 commands to the keystrokes you want to use since they're not mapped by default.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Sage Expert

Winamp Plugin still works pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post

With Sage MC (6.38a), SageTv 6.59, Java 1.6.0.10, and the current winamp plugin, i was able to get this work just fine with winamp 5.8 after
making sure the above was done along with all the instructions.

Interesting that this was my issue, had to read through 20+pages of posts before I found it. . . frustating. .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 05-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi, I am trying to uninstall this plugin , but the uninstall procedure seems out of date :

Uninstallation
==============

SageTV does not have a simple method of automatic installation/uninstallation for plugins. To remove this plugin and eliminate all traces of it, execute the following procedure:

1) Press Control + Shift + F12 to open SageTV Studio.
2) Scroll down to the "WinampHelperMenu" menu.
3) Right click the "WinampHelperMenu" menu, and click "Expand Children".
[...]

I do not have a WinampHelperMenu at all ....

Any idea ?
Server : Asus M4A79XTD Evo / AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz / 4Gb RAM / Win 10 64-bit / Cinergy 2400iDT (French Freeview - TNT) / 2 * Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 (UK Sky) / TT CT-3650 CI / HDD : 4.5 To / Sage V7 / XMLTV Importer / EPG from WebGrabPlus+/ LM DVB Recorder for all tuners / 2 Clients : STP-HD300