SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

I had it set up within 5 minutes, and it works flawlessly ...

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Winamp with v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar

Dirk
Well, it's the weekend and I'm going to check a few other forums...if it sounds like everyone is installing v6 AND MC then I might take the plunge..
Thanks for the encouragement.
JD
Old 10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
With bitperfect support too?

Thanks,
mike
Old 10-07-2006, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm
With bitperfect support too?

Thanks,
mike
Oh, I already had Winamp with ASIO4ALL running for a long time (using Meedio), so this part is not included in the 5 minutes ... But since the plugin just transfers control to Winamp for the playback, there's nothing else to configure for bitperfect playback...

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Oh, I already had Winamp with ASIO4ALL running for a long time (using Meedio), so this part is not included in the 5 minutes ... But since the plugin just transfers control to Winamp for the playback, there's nothing else to configure for bitperfect playback...

Dirk
I see, so it's still using winamp for music playback, not the sage player. just the new metadata processing from Sage is being used. Right?

Does the new builtin player support bitperfect? I haven't seen a conclusive answer on the forums.

thanks,
mike
Old 10-07-2006, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see, so it's still using winamp for music playback, not the sage player. just the new metadata processing from Sage is being used. Right?
Yes, although this is still buggy (most of my albums dont show up correctly), but I'm confident that this will get sorted out soon

Quote:
Does the new builtin player support bitperfect? I haven't seen a conclusive answer on the forums.

thanks,
mike
I haven't either, but I could imagine it does not ...

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Once, I got this plugin to work. It was great. I really liked having Milkdrop working with Sage.

But it stopped working, and now I'd like to get rid of it altogether, but the uninstall instructions in the OP don't work. They reference stuff in studio that isn't there.

Is this a v6 issue or something else? Are there updated uninstall instructions?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Uninstall

I'm not sure about this but,

If you just reverse the changes you made to your Sage configuration file it should quit calling Winamp to play.

JD
Old 10-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage 6?

I just upgraded to sage 6 beta.

How do I get the visualizations working in the new STV?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
I just upgraded to sage 6 beta.

How do I get the visualizations working in the new STV?
In SageMC?

It works just like it did before. As long as you had it setup correctly before going to v6, it should work just like it did before.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
In SageMC?

It works just like it did before. As long as you had it setup correctly before going to v6, it should work just like it did before.
First, I'm not using the Sage MC STV, I'm using the default one.

Yes, it was working perfectly before I installed the Sage 6 beta.

And no, it doesn't work now.

That's why I asked.

Maybe I should have said the *WinAmp* visualizations - I thought that was assumed.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

I understood it was the Winamp visualizations, but it helps to provide more information in your post, other than, that it just doesn't work. When I make a post with a problem I'm having, I try and provide as much information as possible, as to not make people guess, and have to waste forum space by asking several questions to understand the actual problem.

Anyway.

Did you make the STV changes to the default STV, as outlined in the first post?

Quote:
Default STV:

1) Press Control+Shift+F12 to open SageTV Studio.
2) Click "File --> Import".
3) Import the "WinampHelperMenu.xml" file, which (in a default installation) is located in "c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\stvs\sagetv3").
4) Scroll down to the "SongsbyArtist" menu and expand it.
5) Expand the "MenuContainer" panel.
6) Expand the "Buttons" panel.
7) Expand the "If" statement (the one that reads "IsMusicFile(GetCurrentMediaFile())").
8) Expand the "Visualizations" menu item.
9) Scroll down to the "WinampHelper Menu" menu and click on it.
10) Drag the "WinampHelper Menu" to the "Visualize" menu item (the screen will scroll as you drag).
11) Highlight the "MediaPlayer OSD" option under the "Visualize" menu entry, and then press DELETE to remove it.

Repeat steps 4-11 for the following menus:

"AlbumDetailPage"
"Music by Artist"
"MusicSongTitle"
If so, and you are still using the old properties files from your previous install, then I would at this point, assume that the default STV has changed enough that the above listed changes are not correct, or need to be edited.

Does anyone have this working with the v6 default STV?
Old 10-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I understood it was the Winamp visualizations, but it helps to provide more information in your post, other than, that it just doesn't work. When I make a post with a problem I'm having, I try and provide as much information as possible, as to not make people guess, and have to waste forum space by asking several questions to understand the actual problem.

Anyway.

Did you make the STV changes to the default STV, as outlined in the first post?

If so, and you are still using the old properties files from your previous install, then I would at this point, assume that the default STV has changed enough that the above listed changes are not correct, or need to be edited.

Does anyone have this working with the v6 default STV?

Jason,

Yeah, the STV has changed radically. There was no way I could find to be able to follow the instructions.

I've edited the STV a half dozen times for previous upgrades, but the instructions don't make sense for this one.

Sorry for not saying that in the first post.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Looks like the instructions will have to be updated. I haven't seen Deria around recently though...

Seems a bit odd that the SageMC modifications would still work correctly if the original STV has changed that much...but I guess if SageMC has it's own interface to it, then I could see why.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

I get the following error when trying to play the visualization (Milkdrop) while playing a song:

Quote:
WARNING: low video memory; auto texture had to be reduced from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024. The image may look chunky or blocky. RECOMMENDATION: **reduce your Windows color depth to 16 bits** to free up some video memory, or lower your screen resolution.
My screen resolution is 1920x1080p, so I'm not sure why it's saying 2048x2048...

I followed the instructions in step 7, and still nothing. This used to be working before, but it's been a while since I used it with V6 of SageTV and SageMC.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I get the following error when trying to play the visualization (Milkdrop) while playing a song:

My screen resolution is 1920x1080p, so I'm not sure why it's saying 2048x2048...

I followed the instructions in step 7, and still nothing. This used to be working before, but it's been a while since I used it with V6 of SageTV and SageMC.
I got the same error a few hours ago (well it said "reduced from 1024x1024 to 512x512, I am running 1360x768) ... I rebooted the computer, and the error went away. I'll keep an eye on it if it happens again

Dirk
Old 10-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...that's strange. I'm currently installing Winamp 5.3, after a complete uninstall of Winamp, even deleting the Winamp directory afterwards, to hopefully clear out any settings, so I can start from scratch.

I'm waiting for some shows to finish recording, so I can do the required reboot though...

Winamp is getting bad. I hate all that crap they want to install along with it. Sometimes it's hard to sort through...
Old 10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I had the same issue a few months back when I first hooked up my westy. It didn't seem to cause any issues with the visualization actually running, so I just disabled error messages in the winamp setup. I never had the popup again and the visualizations looked great, so I never gave it another thought.

Mike
Old 10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

Well, it works now. Not sure if it was installing the latest version of Winamp, or just rebooting the computer that fixed it. Glad it's working again. Was trying to play Disney's Haunted Mansion at a rather loud volume when the kids came to the door...
Old 11-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Looks like the instructions will have to be updated. I haven't seen Deria around recently though...

Seems a bit odd that the SageMC modifications would still work correctly if the original STV has changed that much...but I guess if SageMC has it's own interface to it, then I could see why.
Hmm... Yes, I've been slacking. I'll have to check the instructions and update them where necessary. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.