SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks... Ill try it when I get home...

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 06-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Thanks... Ill try it when I get home...
LOL, run out of PCI slots for all your tuners? What is that, 6?

Good luck with the plugin, I've been using it ever since it came out, and everyone that comes over to our house, is amazed by the winamp visualization on a 37" 1080p display!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

It is working but when I hit visualization the screen says
Visualization playing... in the upper left hand corner but not on the screen..
Any ideas?

Old 06-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Sage User

Hi

i am a new sage user (my 2nd week) and i love sage so far. One thing the really bother me is that i am a huge music fan (have a 500 Gb collection) and sages music library dosent work that well for music (for video and pictures it does a much better job). For example there are lots of albums it dosent import for strange reasons, It takes forever to get to an artist starting with P (i know there is a search option, but sometimes you feel like browsing your collection), the playing now info (time, album cover etc) isnt really good and so on. I know that in winamp they have a decent library function, will the winamp library function be implemented in fucture versions and other winamp options or will this great plugin be only for the playback? if there are no library improvments in the winamp area, does anyone know of an alternative for music library managment for sage?

thx alot

Zeltak
Old 06-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeltak
... there are lots of albums it dosent import for strange reasons ...
I'm curious -- what format is the music that is not getting imported? If it is a format that should be supported, perhaps you could send a sample song to SageTV so they could see why it isn't imported.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Sage User

hi

ill gladly send you some samples but where to?
thx for the quick reply

Zeltak
Old 06-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Administrator

I would contact betatest at sagetv.com -- only if it is a format that is already supported, such as mp3. There's no point in reporting about unsupported formats until the format is added to the supportd list in the first place.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
It is working but when I hit visualization the screen says
Visualization playing... in the upper left hand corner but not on the screen..
Any ideas?
Hi BBCritical,

You need to configure Winamp in order for the visualization to work. The instructions tell you what needs to be done, and you should follow the troubleshooting guide if its not working for you. Since you're getting the black screen saying that the visualization should be playing it sounds like the import is working fine and you just need to select Milkdrop as your visualization in Winamp and setup the other settings as described in the documentation.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeltak
Hi

i am a new sage user (my 2nd week) and i love sage so far. One thing the really bother me is that i am a huge music fan (have a 500 Gb collection) and sages music library dosent work that well for music (for video and pictures it does a much better job). For example there are lots of albums it dosent import for strange reasons, It takes forever to get to an artist starting with P (i know there is a search option, but sometimes you feel like browsing your collection), the playing now info (time, album cover etc) isnt really good and so on. I know that in winamp they have a decent library function, will the winamp library function be implemented in fucture versions and other winamp options or will this great plugin be only for the playback? if there are no library improvments in the winamp area, does anyone know of an alternative for music library managment for sage?

thx alot

Zeltak
Hi,

This plugin will only use Winamp for the actual playback. The reason for this is that the plugin needs to be integrated heavily into SageTV. For example, if your listening to music and then decide to start watching TV then SageTV knows to automaticaly stop the music. That wouldn't be possible if the plugin was using Winamp for everything.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

Hi... Does the current version still have the problem where if you are running in Sage with VM9 and FSE that winamp hangs?

thanks,
mike
Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Hi BBCritical,

You need to configure Winamp in order for the visualization to work. The instructions tell you what needs to be done, and you should follow the troubleshooting guide if its not working for you. Since you're getting the black screen saying that the visualization should be playing it sounds like the import is working fine and you just need to select Milkdrop as your visualization in Winamp and setup the other settings as described in the documentation.

I have followed the instrucitons and troubleshooting .... the screen is not black, it is the same screen that I select visualization on but in the left had corner it says visualization playing... if a screenshot would help I will provide it....
BTW... milkdrop is selected and I know that winamp is playing the music files

Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

BBCritical,

I ran into this same issue a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly, I think this happened because I had Winamp minimized to the system tray. I just opened the winamp window so that it was visible on the desktop and restarted sage. The visualizations worked after that. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything else. Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

Is the "visualization" starting right when you start playing a song (by itself) or are you trying to start the visualization by selecting it in Sage?

Deria and I went around in circles for about a week, untill he realized what was going on.

If it's starting on it's own, it shouldn't be. There is an option to turn off automatic visualization starting with music playback, and it should be turned off.

Oh, BTW, I have WinAmp minimized to the system tray, and everything still works fine for me.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

I guess I must have done something else to inadvertently fix the visualization. I'll check it out tonight.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi deria,

is it possible to make the stv changes an stvi so that we don't need to make these changes every time a new SageTV version comes out?
Maybe nielm or flachbar can help you, they seem to have experiences in creating stvis...
This would be awesome...

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Sage User

I have installed this plugin and everything works properly with mp3's. I have uploaded some .m4a files from my Macintosh iTunes folder and I cannot get Sage to recognize them when I re-scan the music library. I have updated the properties file to include .m4a. I assume there is a problem with how iTunes tags them. I have tried ID3-TagIT 3 but it does not recognize the files? Could someone explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage User

After a bunch of troubleshooting I've got the plugin installed and everything's working correctly; I can play all of my mp3 files and see that winamp is indeed playing them. Now the issue...about half of my music is in .m4a format. All the troubleshooting I mentioned earlier was to finally find out that my problems were having the .m4a extension in the "seeker" line of sage.properties. When I had that extension in the seeker line sage would hang using >50% of the CPU. It would eventually become somewhat responsive and play music, but it was dog slow;30 seconds to go from the main menu to "My Music". I'm running SageMC and have not tried with the default STV, i guess that's the next thing. So has anyone had any success playing m4a files running SageMC with the WinAmpPlugin?

-alex
Old 08-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Sage User

Starting visualizations when just playing a song?

Hello all. First, hats-off to Deria and all other contributers to this plug-in, FANTASTIC!

Just a quick question, and I've scanned the threads trying to find the answer to this, but with no luck. I've got the WinAmp plug-in and visualizations working great, and I love it. However, I can only get visualizations to come up by actually selecting the "visualizations" selction (using the default UI on Sage 4.1). If I just choose a song or playlist and press "play" the song information comes up and then after a few seconds a black screen comes up. Is there any way to get the visualizations to just kick in from this point?

Also, in scanning the threads, I couldn't find a definitive answer regarding using playlists other than the ones you can create with Sage (which are not the best). Is there a good and easy way to create/import playlists other than Sage's default?

Thanks! C.J.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Sage Icon

Nope, that is the only way the visualization will work. I went round and round with Deria for a week, trying to figure out why they weren't working for me, and that's when it was determined I had that "Start Visualization on Playback" check box checked.

I use playlists generated in iTunes. I have smart playlists in iTunes, which I then export as a .M3U file, and store it in my music folder.

You have to be careful though, if you happen to have artists that use strange characters, other than the normal 26 letters, then you will not see that playlist, even if it does match up with the songs. Basically, if you are having a playlist that doesn't show up after putting it in your music folder, it's normally because of something like that.

I wish Sage would adopt some type of smart playlist support.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Sage User

This is not working for me. I get the following error:

There was a Playback Error in playback. Details: Playback Exception: ERROR (-4.0x8007000d): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for palyback

I was surprised to see that the error said VIDEO portion. Anybody else experience this? Any ideas? I followed the instructions pretty carefully. Any help would be greatly appreciated