SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Do you have a Monitor AND a TV connected to your SageTV Server?

If that's the case, what you want is this plugin.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Do you have a Monitor AND a TV connected to your SageTV Server?

If that's the case, what you want is this plugin.
Thanks for the pointer. That may help.

But yes, I have both a HD TV (4:3) and a widescreen monitor hooked to the same video card and I've managed to get it set up so that my display driver respects both aspect ratios correctly at the same time! (I've had to freeze versions -- newer versions don't).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Here's something I quickly put together for SageMC. No further support from my side, but it's something others can pick up from if there are any issues.

Dirk

BOY is this NICE!!!

This needs to be put in the downloads (or is it already there??)!!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have this installed in 6.3 along with a bunch of other STVi's.... I do not have an option for auto aspect in detail info when I watch a TV recording or a ripped DVD. (kinda the opposite of what others had earlier). Just wondering if you know of conflicts between STVi's before I start figuring out which is causing the problem.

Also has anyone answered the MVP question? All videos irrespective of the aspect setting are at Fill.... I'm using a 4x3 standard TV.

Last edited by dblaine2; 08-31-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just installed on latest 6.4.8 sage, not working correctly

I just installed this on the HD1000, and sage 6.4.8 and I want to set all the TV shows to be in a specific extra aspect ratio mode (default).

So I tried telling the plugin to work on all shows, all channels, and all capture cards.
That did not work, it always sets "source" aspect ratio.

If I go and set all shows,all channels, specific caputre card - it works.

BTW, I have some shows, that their caputre card, shows as unknown, if that could be a reason for it.
Also I checked the ones with a "real" capture card with the option for choosing all capture cards, and it goes to source, each time.

Your help would be appreciated...
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Sage User

Multiple Clients

I've been using the automatic aspect switcher on my SageTV server/client (running in service mode) for a few years and it works phenomenally!

Recently bought an HD Extender and would also like to use automatic aspect switcher with it. It seems to work to some extent (it does indeed switch ratios). But on the HD Extender the ARs have different names and I want to have different rules. The problem is that it seems the settings on the client and server will clobber each other.

Quote:
From the wiki:
The autoaspect plugin does not support simultaneous access from multiple clients running in the same directory -- each will overwrite the other's settings if an AR mode is modified.
Does anyone know how I can run the HD Extender Automatic Aspect in a different directory from the SageClient which is running on the server.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Sage User

Hacked for second instance

As someone who is not a programmer I'm not sure if I did this the best way or not (likely not...) but it seems to work for me.

I downloaded the source code for the aspect ratio switcher from nielm's sourceforge page and proceeded to replace every instance of the word "aspect" with "aspect2". I think this should only have been necessary in the class names and maybe methods but my first attempt failed so I just replaced all instances. I also modified the default filename from custom_aspect_ratios.dat to custom_aspect_ratios2.dat although this could have been achieved within the sage.properties file. Speaking of sage.properties - this instance's parameters will be listed as "nielm/autoaspect2/".

Then I recompiled, placed the jars/STVi on the Sage box, imported the "autoaspect2.stvi" on the extender, briefly tested and it seems to be playing nicely on my setup with separate settings being used for my extender, not interfering with my server/main client.

Other factors that may influence success - I'm using Sage v6.4.8 on Windows and I complied with JDK6.

File attached if anyone wants to give it a try. I hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ARswitcher1.3-modified-for-separate-instance.zip (29.9 KB, 356 views)
Old 05-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looking for the download and installation instructions. It appears the website from the first post reverted to parked status and the website in nielm's sig has been trashed. Thanks.
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35

Last edited by EdwardATeller; 05-17-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

This plugin has an problem with latest sagetv version, i download latest version for the plugin from here:

http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...duleAutoAspect

And this is the problem:

I have an big problem with this plugin, if it's activated then i could not change my channels quickly, neither on remote or keyboard.
I click to change channels and channel change after 10 seconds or so to the next one.
If i deactivate the plugin channels switch ok.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone gotten this to work with version 7? I am getting a java classes error when I go to the configuration page.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
Has anyone gotten this to work with version 7? I am getting a java classes error when I go to the configuration page.
If you check the thread in the v7 customization forum there is already a discussion on how well it's working and not working in v7.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
don't try to use this version for V7. install the version in the plugin manager. But it was a quick import and there are bugs in it, such as comskip being flakey when the auto-aspect plugin is enabled.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the replies. I found the posts in the v7 section. Hopefully someone will be able to fix the glitches!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

The download linkys are broken.

Where do we download this plug in from?
Old 01-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl View Post
As someone who is not a programmer I'm not sure if I did this the best way or not (likely not...) but it seems to work for me.

I downloaded the source code for the aspect ratio switcher from nielm's sourceforge page and proceeded to replace every instance of the word "aspect" with "aspect2". I think this should only have been necessary in the class names and maybe methods but my first attempt failed so I just replaced all instances. I also modified the default filename from custom_aspect_ratios.dat to custom_aspect_ratios2.dat although this could have been achieved within the sage.properties file. Speaking of sage.properties - this instance's parameters will be listed as "nielm/autoaspect2/".

Then I recompiled, placed the jars/STVi on the Sage box, imported the "autoaspect2.stvi" on the extender, briefly tested and it seems to be playing nicely on my setup with separate settings being used for my extender, not interfering with my server/main client.

Other factors that may influence success - I'm using Sage v6.4.8 on Windows and I complied with JDK6.

File attached if anyone wants to give it a try. I hope it helps.
For anyone looking for the original version, since the downloaded links are broken I used the .zip file from this post and reverted changes made for 2nd instance. I'm actually using the reverted version and the second instance version and both work. For reason's beyond my control, I'm still using Sagetv 6.6.2.218 and this was the only way I could get this functionality. Not trying to step on toes, but thought would post for anyone in the same boat.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ARswitcher1.3-back-to-default.zip (29.9 KB, 121 views)