SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Sage User

oh boy

Well, I have some weird stuff going on now

I have two physical drives. The E:/ drive is 80GB and the S:/ drive is 140GB.

I had SageTV writing to both drives and then I had this MDP encoder writing to the S:/myhd drive.

At some point, I noticed that the S:/ drive was filling up really quickly. When I looked closer, I found that the E: and S: drives are now identical!

The same files in both drives.
If I delete a file in one drive, it deletes in the other drive.

That kind of makes sense because of the link thing you talked about but the weird thing is that Windows Explorer says the drives are the same size! Both of them are now 80GB... (The administrative tools thing shows them in correct size.) Moreover, it is still happeneing even after I stopped using the salbstu tool.

Any suggestions?

I have noticed that the network encoder has been using both the E and S drives, if that is a clue.

Quote:
2007-03-08 14:35:12,410 [3068] INFO com.stusals.myHD.encoding.Job [Process ProcessRequest {Invoke} StartRecording] - Began recording:
Sage Channel=107
Sage File=E:\sageTV\Lost-1009615-0.mpg
MyHD Channel=107
MyHD File=S:\myhd\0308-143511.tp
Old 03-15-2007, 11:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple View Post
Well, I have some weird stuff going on now

I have two physical drives. The E:/ drive is 80GB and the S:/ drive is 140GB.

I had SageTV writing to both drives and then I had this MDP encoder writing to the S:/myhd drive.

At some point, I noticed that the S:/ drive was filling up really quickly. When I looked closer, I found that the E: and S: drives are now identical!

The same files in both drives.
If I delete a file in one drive, it deletes in the other drive.

That kind of makes sense because of the link thing you talked about but the weird thing is that Windows Explorer says the drives are the same size! Both of them are now 80GB... (The administrative tools thing shows them in correct size.) Moreover, it is still happeneing even after I stopped using the salbstu tool.

Any suggestions?

I have noticed that the network encoder has been using both the E and S drives, if that is a clue.
If you have (had?) a real S: drive (either mapped by you as a network drive or a physical drive assigned to that letter), then you should be using a different drive as the virtual drive for the encoder. Whatever drive you select as the virtual drive for the encoder should be unused by any other part of your system (SageTV or otherwise).

I would suggest the following just to try to unwind the confusion for starters.

1) stop the MyHD encoder altogether
2) use the Programs / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Disk Management tool to unmap S: as an E: shadow.
3) still using that tool, make S: once again a drive letter assigned to the physical disk that you had it set to originally

I'm not entirely sure that that process is exactly what will get you back to having your preexisting S: drive actually at S:, but something like that should work. Basically, what I'm thinking is that your use of the encoder and its functionality have taken over the S: letter as a ghost of your E: drive. There should not have been any permanent damage as a result, it's just a matter of undoing the mappings and drive letter assignements and getting them back to the way you had them originally.

If all of that gets straightened out, you can set a new virtual drive letter in the MyHD encoder config (one that isn't used or known by anything outside of the encoder) and then you should be good to go again.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Dragging out this old thread since I cleared out part of the basement and found my old MYHD card...

What's the latest for using these cards with Sage?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Coming from the author of this encoder: don't bother. The MyHD card is great hardware, but this encoder is flaky at best.

These days, you have much better options. I use both firewire from the cable box and the HDHomeRun for direct QAM recording.