SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demideus

Yes, that is exactly what the channel.ids setting was meant for.
Simply list all the xmltv channel ids that you do want to include in this property. Please note that this setting is used for all xml files that are specified in this configuration.
To use that setting only for the second xml file you might want to use an additional configuration file:

xmltv.properties:
Code:
configurations=xmltv.properties,xmltv2.properties
xmltv.files=epgdata1.xml

#insert the rest of your configuration here...
xmltv2.properties:
Code:
include=xmltv.properties
xmltv.files=epgdata2.xml
channel.ids=id1,id2,id3
OK Back from Jamaica and ready to give this a shot...but boy does it look complicated! I currently have NielM's multilineup plugin running OK, so I have 2 epg data files named 1.xml and 2.xml. From what I read above, these will become the epgdata.xml and epgdata2.xml files correct? As far as channel ID etc, all this info is contained in the EPG data so I shouldn't have to set it up right? A sample of my epgdata looks like this;

<channel id="C1569.www.mtepgdplu.com">
<display-name>225 TBFC</display-name>
<display-name>225</display-name>
<display-name>TBFC</display-name>
</channel>

and progam data looks like this;

<programme start="20060115060000 -0500" stop="20060115090000 -0500" channel="C2028.www.mtepgdplu.com">
<title lang="en">More Country Music Videos</title>
<length>180 minutes</length>
<desc lang="en"> - Music/Art. Music videos. </desc>
</programme>

So if I understand correctly, I have rename 1.xml and 2.xml to EPGDATA1.XML and EPGDATA2.XML and set those as sources within xmltv.properties (using xmltv.files=). Correct?

As far as setting up the metadata info, one of my lineups already has it done right (cable) but my satellite source embeds it in the description section (as above) Is this plugin going to work for me given the way the data is structured?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

XRed,

I've used both Demideus and Neilm's, Demideus doesn't import the data as well as Neilm's because of the way the export is set up. I was actually hoping that Lesor's Zap2it plugin may be able to incorporate XMLTV PPV info into the missing info for Zap2it PPV and use all the other info as is from Zap2it. I' havent got a reply back yet, so we'll see.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred
but boy does it look complicated!
I guess I got a bit carried away in keeping things configurable

Quote:
so I have 2 epg data files named 1.xml and 2.xml. From what I read above, these will become the epgdata.xml and epgdata2.xml files correct?
That would be one way. I would just specify the xml files in xmltv.properties (xmltv.files=1.xml,2.xml).

Quote:
As far as channel ID etc, all this info is contained in the EPG data so I shouldn't have to set it up right? A sample of my epgdata looks like this;

<channel id="C1569.www.mtepgdplu.com">
<display-name>225 TBFC</display-name>
<display-name>225</display-name>
<display-name>TBFC</display-name>
</channel>
Wrong, xmltv has no place where channel numbers can be stored. Your xmltv source seems to ignore that and simply adds additional display-name elements in the xml. Left to its own devices the plugin would interpret this as follows:

- long name = 225 TBFC
- short name = 225

The channel number is generated in sequence from 2 up (I don't know who came up with that, I simply left it in there to keep compatibility with other plugins).

You can overcome this by supplying your own channel data in xmltv.properties:
Code:
channel.C1569.www.mtepgdplu.com.numbers=225
channel.C1569.www.mtepgdplu.com.names=TBFC, The Beauty & Fashion Channel
Quote:
So if I understand correctly, I have rename 1.xml and 2.xml to EPGDATA1.XML and EPGDATA2.XML and set those as sources within xmltv.properties (using xmltv.files=). Correct?

As far as setting up the metadata info, one of my lineups already has it done right (cable) but my satellite source embeds it in the description section (as above) Is this plugin going to work for me given the way the data is structured?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hmm, I think your configuration would be something like this:
xmltv.properties
Code:
configurations=xmltv.properties,xmltv2.properties

provider.name=Lineup in 1.xml
provider.id=1
xmltv.files=1.xml

channel.C1569.www.mtepgdplu.com.numbers=225
channel.C1569.www.mtepgdplu.com.names=TBFC, The Beauty & Fashion Channel
# insert more channel specifications here...
xmltv2.properties
Code:
include=xmltv.properties

provider.name=Lineup in 2.xml
provider.id=2
xmltv.files=2.xml
I've kept the lineup names and id's the same as in Nielm's plugin. You can use other names and numbers, but I don't know what effect that will have.

This is about as complicated as you need to make your configuration. The other options are probably useless to you if your xmltv source doesn't supply more data.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk99
Do you think it would be possible to post your config here so i can see how you do it?
Thanks for stepping in there Vuego

I've split my configuration into four separate properties files. I could have sufficed with two files, but this was in part for testing the multi-configuration setup.

For most of the options, you'll need a rich xmltv source. I use my own home-made scraper. But for general use the following site looks to have an adequate solution:
http://www.addictivesoftware.net/ind...id=3&Itemid=28
It has good description info. Limited combined category info. So-so actor info. And no episode numbers.

All in all it still does a pretty good job of providing you with EPG data.

As for coloring, Sage has hardcoded coloring in the EPG guide for the following categories:

Movie: purple
News: yellow
Sports event: green
Sports non-event: green
Sports talk: green
You can probably limit your category translations to the following:
Code:
translate.category.Film=Movie
translate.category.Nieuws=News
translate.category.Sport=Sports event
I've just seen that that source combines separate categories in the same category element. Because a slash is used to combine them, combined categories cannot be translated. If you are using this source I can change the plugin to separate them, so it sees them as two separate categories (let me know if you are).
The combined actors however are pretty much fused. The source does not seem to use a separator character for those.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xmltv.properties.zip (4.7 KB, 651 views)
Old 02-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Progress

I just wrote a simple kixtart script to extract the channel info from an XMLTV file and put the channels in the original provider order for use in the config file that you create for this plugin.

Right now you have to copy and past it into your config file. I'm posting a few lines of the file output for Demedius to verify that it is in the proper format.

Hopefully I can test it tonight and report back, if it works I will post it with instructions.

Demedius, could you make it where the channel list could be in a separate file? That way you could run the script anytime the channel lineup changes.

Code:
channel.I10183.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=653
channel.I10183.labs.zap2it.com.names=EWTN, Eternal Word Television Network
channel.I15462.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=222
channel.I15462.labs.zap2it.com.names=4 CHFD fcc, CHFD
channel.I15463.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=223
channel.I15463.labs.zap2it.com.names=2 CKPR fcc, CKPR
channel.I15977.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=119

Last edited by rsagetv99; 02-09-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I just wrote a simple kixtart script to extract the channel info from an XMLTV file and put the channels in the original provider order for use in the config file that you create for this plugin.

Right now you have to copy and past it into your config file. I'm posting a few lines of the file output for Demedius to verify that it is in the proper format.

Hopefully I can test it tonight and report back, if it works I will post it with instructions.

Demedius, could you make it where the channel list could be in a separate file? That way you could run the script anytime the channel lineup changes.

Code:
channel.I10183.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=653
channel.I10183.labs.zap2it.com.names=EWTN, Eternal Word Television Network
channel.I15462.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=222
channel.I15462.labs.zap2it.com.names=4 CHFD fcc, CHFD
channel.I15463.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=223
channel.I15463.labs.zap2it.com.names=2 CKPR fcc, CKPR
channel.I15977.labs.zap2it.com.numbers=119
Well, I hit a wall - that was quick

For some reason some of the channels map correctly but others do not and I haven't figured out why, I will keep testing, hopefully Demedius will chime in.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Sage Expert

Wow, didn't see you had updated this plugin till today. So far so good. Gonna mess with the dual configs now. Thanks Demideus!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Here it is!

The script will read your XMLTV file(s) and output two files. channel_ids.txt and channel_numbers.txt. For now you will need to copy the contents of channel_ids to the bottom of your xmltv.properties file, followed by the contents of channel_numbers.txt.

This allows you to maintain your providers channel order/numbering, and allows for duplicate SID/Channel numbers.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xml_channel_parse.txt (1.5 KB, 728 views)
Old 02-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Original Air Date

Demedius, for the XML source that I am using (Zap2it Data Direct North America) some shows do not contain the <previously aired> tag, instead they put list the original-air-date in the following format:
<date>20030727</date>

Can you modify your import to pick up this tag and do something like "if older than 1 week=rerun"? Or leave the timeframe configurable so we can tweak it.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Demedius, for the XML source that I am using (Zap2it Data Direct North America) some shows do not contain the <previously aired> tag, instead they put list the original-air-date in the following format:
<date>20030727</date>

Can you modify your import to pick up this tag and do something like "if older than 1 week=rerun"? Or leave the timeframe configurable so we can tweak it.

Thanks.
Also, can you bring in the <quality>HDTV</quality> flag so that HD programs show as in the Guide.

Thanks again.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Here it is!

The script will read your XMLTV file(s) and output two files. channel_ids.txt and channel_numbers.txt. For now you will need to copy the contents of channel_ids to the bottom of your xmltv.properties file, followed by the contents of channel_numbers.txt.

This allows you to maintain your providers channel order/numbering, and allows for duplicate SID/Channel numbers.

Let me know if you have any questions.
A couple of things I've learned while using this script. You do not actually have to put the channel_ids data in the xmltv.properties file, you only need to put the data from the channel_numbers.txt file. Also, although you can have duplicate SIDs in MT, you will need to remap the channel number since it appears that the MT network encoder plugin tunes to the channel number instead of the channel id. What I did was left my primary provider with the default SID/Channel Number, and using MS Access changed all of the Channel numbers of the second provider by prepending a 2 to the number (EG if the channel number was 727 the new channel number would be 2727). It's a little extra work, but has the advantage of segragating the channels as well. I also changed the script to add a 2 to the channel number when parsing the xml of the secondary provider, I will post it later.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm posting a few lines of the file output for Demedius to verify that it is in the proper format.
RSage, the output looks fine. I'm assuming here that the xmltv file has the channel-ids specified like this:

<channel id="I10183.labs.zap2it.com">

Quote:
You can already do that. Just specify the following line in the xmltv.properties file where you would currently paste the results:

include=c:\xmltv\channel_numbers.txt, c:\xmltv\channel_ids.txt

Quote:
For some reason some of the channels map correctly but others do not and I haven't figured out why, I will keep testing, hopefully Demedius will chime in.
<chiming>Am I correct in assuming that this was caused by the duplicate channel numbers in your xmltv files?</chiming>

Quote:
<date>20030727</date>
Not a very accurate indicator unless most shows are home-brew. I guess that would mean it would work in the US
I'll add the following option to the configuration:

rerun.after.days=<days>

Quote:
Also, can you bring in the <quality>HDTV</quality> flag so that HD programs show as in the Guide.
I'll add that as well.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
RSage, the output looks fine. I'm assuming here that the xmltv file has the channel-ids specified like this:

<channel id="I10183.labs.zap2it.com">
Yes.
Quote:
You can already do that. Just specify the following line in the xmltv.properties file where you would currently paste the results:
include=c:\xmltv\channel_numbers.txt, c:\xmltv\channel_ids.txt
Cool, thanks!
Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that this was caused by the duplicate channel numbers in your xmltv files?
No, I think it was bad data. The format of the channel number was not consistent in the XMLTV files, sometimes it would show just the number sometimes the number followed by the station ID. I had to filter out the other data.
Quote:
Not a very accurate indicator unless most shows are home-brew. I guess that would mean it would work in the US
I'll add the following option to the configuration:

rerun.after.days=<days>
Perfect!
Quote:
I'll add that as well.
Thanks. I'm not sure how you need to bring it in for the HD flag to show up in the guide, but maybe you know already. Thanks again for all of your help.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Request

One other minor request (I think), could you add another way to indicate a movie? It seems that the zapt2it data does not always specify "film" whenever a program is a movie. Instead they just say "Drama" or "Suspense" which if I put a translation in the properties file I end up also marking regular shows as movies because they have Drama or Suspense listed as a category.

What I was thinking is if you could have something like if exist "star-rating" element then Sage category=Movie. Since in my data anything with a star-rating is a Movie (not sure if all movies have star-ratings though)...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help with dual xmltv line-up

Hi

I was wondering if someone could advise me on the best configuration for importing two line-ups from xmltv.

I receive programming from Sky TV and also Freeview.

Some of the channels, BBC1, BBC2 etc can be received from both sources, but on different channel numbers. Others, such as Sky One can only be received from the Sky line-up.

At the moment I'm downloading a single xml file with all of the channels I receive from both tuner sources and then processing it twice with two xmltv.properties type files, filtering on the channels that can be received from each source.

Basically (for testing purposes)

xmltv.properties:

configurations=xmltv.properties, xmltv-sky.properties
provider.name=XMLTV Freeview
provider.id=1
channel.ids=24,48,92,132,134,158,176,185,25,97,13
channel.24.names=ITV1 Anglia
channel.24.numbers=3
channel.45.names=BBC3
channel.45.numbers=7
channel.48.names=BBC News 24
channel.48.numbers=80
etc..

xmltv-sky.properties:

provider.name=XMLTV Sky
provider.id=2
channel.ids=92,105,24,132,134,248,158,1959
channel.22.names=Adventure One
channel.22.numbers=560
channel.24.numbers=103
etc..

What’s the best way to configure this?

Is it sensible to use the channels that can be received from both sources, or should I limit the sources to only receive channels from one source?

How have other people resolved this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Last edited by srcurtis; 02-15-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcurtis
Hi

I was wondering if someone could advise me on the best configuration for importing two line-ups from xmltv.

I receive programming from Sky TV and also Freeview.

Some of the channels, BBC1, BBC2 etc can be received from both sources, but on different channel numbers. Others, such as Sky One can only be received from the Sky line-up.

At the moment I'm downloading a single xml file with all of the channels I receive from both tuner sources and then processing it twice with two xmltv.properties type files, filtering on the channels that can be received from each source.

Basically (for testing purposes)

xmltv.properties:

configurations=xmltv.properties, xmltv-sky.properties
provider.name=XMLTV Freeview
provider.id=1
channel.ids=24,48,92,132,134,158,176,185,25,97,13
channel.24.numbers=3
channel.45.names=BBC3
channel.45.numbers=7
channel.48.names=BBC News 24
channel.48.numbers=80
etc..

xmltv-sky.properties:

provider.name=XMLTV Sky
provider.id=2
channel.ids=92,105,24,132,134,248,158,1959
channel.22.names=Adventure One
channel.22.numbers=560
channel.24.numbers=103
etc..

What’s the best way to configure this?

Is it sensible to use the channels that can be received from both sources, or should I limit the sources to only receive channels from one source?

How have other people resolved this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
How are you receiving the channels? Through two STBs? DVB-S?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi

I have 2 dual tuner Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT / MCE cards receiving DVB and two Sky Digi-boxes to receive the Sky Satellite programming which I capture on a PVR500 dual tuner card.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Last edited by srcurtis; 02-15-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hi

I have 2 dual tuner Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT / MCE cards receiving DVB and two Sky Digi-boxes to receive the Sky Satellite programming which I capture on a PVR500 dual tuner card.

Hope this helps.

Steve
OK, well what you are doing makes sense. Having more than one source for the same channel just means that you will be able to record multiple shows at one time on the same channel (BBC). Unless you prefer one source over another due to picture quality, in which case you could just remove the channel for the one you do not like.

It would be nice if you had the sources setup in two different XML files with different channel ids, then you could use my script to create the channel numbers for you, but it sounds like you already have the numbering worked out. Where do you get your XMLTV data?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi

xmltv_rt

Do you know if it is possible to request more than 2 weeks of data from the rt source?

From the 'testing' that I have been doing, it looks although any duplicate channels assumes the channel number from one of the line-ups (not sure which one gets priority), does that mean that the tuner with the 'other' channel number will never be used for the channel?

Is there any way of specifying which line-up or source should be given priority?

Thanks

Steve
Old 02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
xmltv_rt

Do you know if it is possible to request more than 2 weeks of data from the rt source?
Not sure, I use Zap2it.
Quote:
From the 'testing' that I have been doing, it looks although any duplicate channels assumes the channel number from one of the line-ups (not sure which one gets priority), does that mean that the tuner with the 'other' channel number will never be used for the channel
I believe this is a function of SAGE, it recognized that the two channels are the same even though they are on different channel numbers, this happened to me when I was using the built-in Sage EPG and two different programming sources. You should still be able to tune/record from both sources since Sage knows the tuner/channel_number combo to tune the channel.
Quote:
Is there any way of specifying which line-up or source should be given priority?
Not that I know of, it may just do it based on the sequence used when importing your channel numbers. Try putting the numbers that you want in the first xmltv.properties file.
Also, if one source has better picture quality than the other, you can give the tuner priority. Search in the Sage Manual (the pdf) for encoder merit. It is in the Sage.properties file, something like "encoder_merit="...