SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Yeah, I know -- as I mentioned elsewhere, I have never had time to look at that. I'll let you know when I can check out one of mlbdude's other 2-pane versions.

- Andy
Please don't give up on mlbdude's 2-pane!! It's been my favorite since Sage 2.1

The only thing I liked better in the original version was that it sorted catagories (on the left) by most recent recordings on top and the shows within each catagoty were sorted most recent on top as well. Love to see that as an option too.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
Tried this out tonight and it works great! You rock!
Well, it would have been better if I had implemented the changes to that menu correctly the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt View Post
Please don't give up on mlbdude's 2-pane!! It's been my favorite since Sage 2.1

The only thing I liked better in the original version was that it sorted catagories (on the left) by most recent recordings on top and the shows within each catagoty were sorted most recent on top as well. Love to see that as an option too.
You sure picked an old post to quote... this post is a more recent one that better reflects the status of that menu as far as my work on it is concerned. See the "BTW" comment there & try the malore menu's new features instead.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You sure picked an old post to quote... this post is a more recent one that better reflects the status of that menu as far as my work on it is concerned. See the "BTW" comment there & try the malore menu's new features instead.

- Andy

Yeah, haven't been around much since my Sage hardware took a dive back in March.

With just buying my first 50" Panasonic Flat Panel and a new Sage Release , I have revitalized interest.

Surfing around for new customizations and Secret Extras I happened across that post and thought I'd chime in. Guess it was a page or two earlier but couldn't resist.

I miss my Sage!

That said, I will try your suggestion when I get back up and running.

Thanks! T.

Last edited by mightyt; 09-22-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM

I have noticed that since updating to 6.2.10 the disk space bar and the scheduled recordings menu don't update based on my settings in the disk space bar's configuration. Example: it is now 11:15 pm on Sunday evening and the disk space bar as well as the scheduled recordings only show scheduled recordings for the next 48 hrs. (Till Tues Night) while I have it set to look ahead 72 hrs. and refresh every 60 seconds. (They should show listings through Wednesday prime time). I believe this option worked correctly in 6.1.9. However, if I stop the sagetv service and restart it again everything shows correctly. I have turned the options on, off and on again. Changed the parameters and changed them back. I have even gone as far as removing sagetv from my computer and reloading it from scratch while only reusing my wiz.bin and wiz.bak file from my original install.

Thanks,
Ed
P4P800DLX Bios 1019 - P4 2.8C; 3GB Mushkin PC3200 LVL2 2-2-2 5-4; 1 WD Raptor PM3; 1 WD 250 Gig SATA2 PM4; Pioneer DVR-111D PM1 - Lite-On DVD Rom SM1; Asus GF4 TI4800SE - Audigy2 ZS; Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-500MCE; Super Flower Case W/ Mushkin 550W PSU; Samsung SyncMaster 191T
Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed1 View Post
I have noticed that since updating to 6.2.10 the disk space bar and the scheduled recordings menu don't update based on my settings in the disk space bar's configuration. Example: it is now 11:15 pm on Sunday evening and the disk space bar as well as the scheduled recordings only show scheduled recordings for the next 48 hrs. (Till Tues Night) while I have it set to look ahead 72 hrs. and refresh every 60 seconds.
The disk space bar has nothing to do with how recordings get scheduled; the setting you mention only affects how much of the schedule the disk space bar uses for its prediction of how much space is needed for the next X hours.

Since you say the Recording Schedule menu isn't listing as much of the schedule as you think it should, it sounds to me like either the schedule update isn't getting completed, or there simply aren't any shows to be recorded for the rest of the scheduling lookahead time after the next 48 hours.

Have you customized how many days in advance the scheduler looks to create the recording schedule? That would be the scheduling_lookahead property, which defaults to 3 days (in milliseconds: 259200000). If you've customized this value to be higher, then set it back to its default setting & try again. If the value is still at its default setting, then you should probably enable debug logging and contact SageTV support. Make sure all the hidden extras are turned off while checking all this.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:39 PM

Opus,
Thank You for your quick reply.
I haven't changed any settings other than the look ahead time in the bar options.

Before I stop the sagetv service (the way sage acts now)

After I stop and restart sagetv service (the way 6.1.9 would update automatically)

Perhaps I'm not understanding what you are saying, I'm fairly new to sage. Although I've been trying to read as much as possible before posting.

Thanks,
Ed
P4P800DLX Bios 1019 - P4 2.8C; 3GB Mushkin PC3200 LVL2 2-2-2 5-4; 1 WD Raptor PM3; 1 WD 250 Gig SATA2 PM4; Pioneer DVR-111D PM1 - Lite-On DVD Rom SM1; Asus GF4 TI4800SE - Audigy2 ZS; Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-500MCE; Super Flower Case W/ Mushkin 550W PSU; Samsung SyncMaster 191T
Old 10-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Administrator

I won't click on any links to images at imageshack, since they use pop-up (or pop-under?) ads.

But, please re-read my above post, particularly the first paragraph and towards the end of the last paragraph:
Quote:
Have you customized how many days in advance the scheduler looks to create the recording schedule? That would be the scheduling_lookahead property, which defaults to 3 days (in milliseconds: 259200000). If you've customized this value to be higher, then set it back to its default setting & try again. If the value is still at its default setting, then you should probably enable debug logging and contact SageTV support. Make sure all the hidden extras are turned off while checking all this.
- Andy
Old 10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

In one of the first iterations of the new, updated Malore menus there was a setting to disable wrap-around scrolling that I can't find anymore. Did it not make it into the released STV or am I blind?

Scott
Old 10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
In one of the first iterations of the new, updated Malore menus there was a setting to disable wrap-around scrolling that I can't find anymore. Did it not make it into the released STV or am I blind?
See this post.

- Andy
Old 10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Ahh, I forgot that I'd seen that. Hopefully a future update will allow me to disable the wrap-around scrolling.

I do have another request. I like the Alternate Views but not so much the Icon bar. It would be nice if it was possible to enable/disable them seperately from one another.

S
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I do have another request. I like the Alternate Views but not so much the Icon bar. It would be nice if it was possible to enable/disable them seperately from one another.
I'd like to second this request but for the opposite reason, I like the icons but not the alternate views.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gexi View Post
Quote:
I'd like to second this request...
I think I've heard that before.

- Andy
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Administrator

The next version will be able to use just 1 alternate view w/o adverse side effects and the icon & alternate view bars can be independently enabled.

- Andy
Old 10-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Just in case anyone subscribes to this thread & a note here might help them see this question, please note that I am considering removing the hidden mlbdude recordings menu in the default STV. If you have comments about that, please read & reply in this other topic: Is anyone still using the mlbdude style SageTV Recordings menu in the default STV?

If no one replies to that topic in the somewhat near future, that menu will be removed.

- Andy
Old 11-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator

v6.3.1 updates

Here are the changes to the hidden features in the v6.3.1 beta... just a few tweaks:
  1. The malore menu allows using only 1 alternate view, instead of 2, as the minimum.

2. The malore menu allows the icon bar & alternate view bar to be enabled separately.

3. Added malore menu option to configure right hand episode listing style.

4. Added malore menu option to use the standard style for the upper info area.
- Andy
Old 11-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Sweet! That takes care of all my wants except the ability to disable wraparound scrolling. Future beta maybe?

S
Old 11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage User

I enabled the hidden extras last night (non-beta) and have a question about the disk space bar. The default setup appears to not take into account the fact that I have a bunch of watched shows that Sage will be allowed to delete to free up disk space. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere to have it interpret these watched shows as free space? Otherwise it makes it look like I'm running out of room when I'm really not.

Thanks,
- Carl
Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post
I enabled the hidden extras last night (non-beta) and have a question about the disk space bar. The default setup appears to not take into account the fact that I have a bunch of watched shows that Sage will be allowed to delete to free up disk space. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere to have it interpret these watched shows as free space? Otherwise it makes it look like I'm running out of room when I'm really not.
SageTV is allowed to delete more than just watched shows -- see Appendix C in the PDF manual. Essentially, you can assume that if the disk bar shows the space as being full, then you could end up with some recordings removed in order to make room for new recordings. If you are letting SageTV manage the recordings space, then the disk bar is probably pointless, but I suppose your feature request would be to be able to treat certain types of recordingss as free space.

BTW: You can go to System Information & scroll down a screen or so to see "Recoverable Video Diskspace". That space is made up of recordings that SageTV is allowed to delete.

- Andy
Old 11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
SageTV is allowed to delete more than just watched shows -- see Appendix C in the PDF manual. Essentially, you can assume that if the disk bar shows the space as being full, then you could end up with some recordings removed in order to make room for new recordings. If you are letting SageTV manage the recordings space, then the disk bar is probably pointless, but I suppose your feature request would be to be able to treat certain types of recordingss as free space.

BTW: You can go to System Information & scroll down a screen or so to see "Recoverable Video Diskspace". That space is made up of recordings that SageTV is allowed to delete.

- Andy
Thanks for the info. I am allowing Sage to manage the recordings space and was looking for an easy way to gauge the "real" available space (as the free space on the disks is obviously meaningless). I'll take another look at the system info screen - that should tell me what I want to know.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Sage User

Alternate views in malore menus

Quote:
Here are the changes to the hidden features in the v6.3.1 beta... just a few tweaks:
  1. The malore menu allows using only 1 alternate view, instead of 2, as the minimum.

2. The malore menu allows the icon bar & alternate view bar to be enabled separately.

3. Added malore menu option to configure right hand episode listing style.

4. Added malore menu option to use the standard style for the upper info area.
- Andy
I'm probably missing something in the intended behavior of the malore menu with alternate views, but I'm seeing something that seems to be a bug.

My understanding is that I can go the the first customizable menu (Guide 1) and create up to six alternate views, then go to Guide 2 and create up to six more, and so on to the third. I would expect that all these alternate views should stay separate from each other, and yet they are not.

For example, I have set Guide 1 as "Upcoming Favorites" and set the first view as "Unwatched" (filtered appropriately), the second as "Unwatched", and the third as "First Runs." Then I go to Guide 2 and discover that one of the alternate views in that guide (I forget which one and I'm at work) is actually one of the alternate views from the first guide. I don't recall offhand, but I think the third guide may also inherit one or more of it's alternates from prior guides.

I realize that since this is an "unofficial" feature that it is low on the priority scale with HD extender about to be released, but I wanted to call your attention to this in case it is a true bug. If not a bug, how is this feature intended to be used? Since I've not seen anyone mention this issue before so maybe I'm misunderstanding how this feature should work.

Thanks for a great product!

Robert