SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Since Table widgets can now use dynamic values for the number of rows and the wrap-around scrolling setting, I have re-added a couple options that were tested a long time ago but were too slow to keep. Let's see how they work out this time.

The changes:
  1. Wrap-around scrolling is an optional setting in the Malore Menu Options dialog.

2. Per-view double height row and auto-double row settings are available again. Previously, double height rows was set per-menu, not per-view, and the auto-double row setting was not available at all.

3. The options for number of rows & so on should get applied as soon as the setting is changed instead of after closing the options dialog where the setting was changed.
I love the ability to turn off wrap-around scrolling in my Sage client. Can this be added to the extenders?

Scott
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
I love the ability to turn off wrap-around scrolling in my Sage client. Can this be added to the extenders?
The extenders use the same hidden features, since they use the same STV... or am I not understanding your question?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The extenders use the same hidden features, since they use the same STV... or am I not understanding your question?

- Andy
That's what I thought but tonight I finally installed the 6.5.17 beta over the released version and upgraded my 2 HD200's to the latest beta as well and the option to change the wrap-around scrolling is not there so I assumed it was only for PC clients.

S
Old 06-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Sage Icon

OK, I took a closer look and found that after upgrading the HD200 it loaded an old STV file instead of rebuilding my imports. After loading the 6.5.17 version and rebuilding the option to turn off the wrap-around scrolling appeared.

S
Old 06-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
That's what I thought but tonight I finally installed the 6.5.17 beta over the released version and upgraded my 2 HD200's to the latest beta as well and the option to change the wrap-around scrolling is not there so I assumed it was only for PC clients.
You've got a custom STV loaded on the extender. Installing an SageTV update resets the STV on the PC but not on extenders & placeshifters.

Edit: I see you were replying with a similar comment at the same time...

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am trying out the extra features. After enabling the extras, the SageTV recordings menu has changed to the two column format.
The first post says "select from the default menu or Malore's custom 2-pane menu". It is not clear where the option to select the menu style is found. I looked in setup, but couldn't find it.

Actually, I like the dual-column Malore menus for Recordings, except for one thing. I would like the groups to appear with most recently recorded shows at the top (like the default menus do). They are now sorted alphabetically by show title. If I change to sort by date, it groups by shows recorded on a particular day, and the titles are not visible on the left. I would like to have them grouped by title, but sorted by date.

Using the "two wrenches" menus button (Hint: Set Options for this menu), I have tried Group by Title, and Sort By Intelligent and Sort By Date. In both cases the sorting of the groups remains alphabetical.

I have tried setting the lower menu button icon AZ (Hint: "Configure how Airings are sorted") to both Intelligent and Date sorting, but it appears to change only the right column of shows in a given group.

What am I missing?
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg11 View Post
I am trying out the extra features. After enabling the extras, the SageTV recordings menu has changed to the two column format.
The first post says "select from the default menu or Malore's custom 2-pane menu". It is not clear where the option to select the menu style is found. I looked in setup, but couldn't find it.
I think you skipped reading the line immediately above the text you quoted.

As for grouping & sorting: There are no sorting options separate from the grouping & airing sort options you've mentioned.

- Andy
Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think you skipped reading the line immediately above the text you quoted.
Oops - your right!

Quote:
As for grouping & sorting: There are no sorting options separate from the grouping & airing sort options you've mentioned.
I'm still unclear about what the "two wrenches" menus (Set Options for this menu) is supposed to do. It offers choices for Group By and Sort By. Group By does work, either grouping by Title or Date (these are the two I tried).
But what is Sort By supposed to do? It seems to have no effect on the sorting of the groups. Is that by design or a bug?
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm still unclear about what the "two wrenches" menus (Set Options for this menu) is supposed to do. It offers choices for Group By and Sort By. Group By does work, either grouping by Title or Date (these are the two I tried).
But what is Sort By supposed to do? It seems to have no effect on the sorting of the groups. Is that by design or a bug?
There is no bug I'm aware of -- the grouping option affects the left side of the menu, where the groups are displayed; the airing sort option affects how airings in each group are sorted on the right side.

- Andy
Old 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry to be so dense, but I'm still not clear on the distinction between the two options menus on the Malore Recordings screen. Here's how I refer to them:

Wrench Menu:

AZ Menu:

The Wrench menu seems like it is meant to apply to the display of the left column (Groups), while the AZ Menu is for the right column (Airings).

The AZ menu works as expected. The airings in the right column can be sorted by title or date.

If the Wrench Menu applied to the left column, it would Group by Title (which is what I want), and then sort those groups by Date (which is what I want, but it doesn't happen. It is always alphabetical.)

I'm still confused about what the "Sort By" function is supposed to do in the Wrench menu.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator

As the dialog says, it affects how airings are sorted; that affects the right side list - the list of airings. There are just redundant ways to get to that & other options.

- Andy
Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I think I understand. The Sorting function in both the "Wrench Menu" and the "AZ Menu" applies only to the right column (Airings).

The next time the developers are looking at these extended features, I would humbly suggest that it would be a nice enhancement to make the Sort By function in the "Wrench Menu" apply to the left column (Groups), since the sorting of the airings is already controlled by the setting in the "AZ" menu.
The ability to sort groups by date is presumably already present in the code since that is how the default menus work.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The next time the developers are looking at these extended features, I would humbly suggest that it would be a nice enhancement to make the Sort By function in the "Wrench Menu" apply to the left column (Groups), since the sorting of the airings is already controlled by the setting in the "AZ" menu.
Haven't you noticed that the "Group by" and "Display Filter" options are also duplicated in both places? The options were left in both places for ease of access when the full Options menu was open. The Options menu applies to the whole menu, not just the left or right columns.

I have no plans to make the sorting more complex than it is now -- the left side (groups) is sorted by the selected grouping method; the right side (airings) is sorted by the airing sort method. At this point, anything further than that is left as a customization for someone else to create.

- Andy
Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Administrator

This update is for the SageTV v6.5.18 Release Candidate.

A downloadable update is available to test a couple more changes for the hidden features. Go to Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update to get the update to STV version 2009062601.

Changes:
  1. Updated layout of system message count on System Information menu. (Put the count first so it doesn't get cut off.)

2. Hidden: Tweaked focus changes in malore menus to work better.

3. Hidden: Added Detailed Setup -> Customize option for "Use Enhanced Recording Deletion Confirmation Dialog"; controls whether the malore deletion confirmation dialog is used everywhere or only when in a malore menu.

If that option is not available, the update file can be downloaded here:
2009062601.zip

- Andy
Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Re:

I am experiencing random crashes since I enabled the "hidden features". Running on a new 5 days install of the latest release (6.6). I disabled it today and will see if the crashes stop, but it crashed 2 times since yesterday and never crashed before I enabled it. Thought it would be useful to let you know.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

The latest STV update for v6.6, STV v6.6.2.11 (2009091601), also contains this hidden feature addition:
Added Detailed Setup -> Customize option for "Program Guide marks non-Zap2it Channels". When enabled, channels with non-Zap2it station IDs are marked with a red dot in the Program Guide. The option is not available when using an EPG plugin.
- Andy
Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to enabled the unsupported Extras so they are available from the hauppauge MVP, but they don't appear to be available. They are available on a placeshifter client and on the server itself. Is this a known bug?

I want to set Default Manual settings for padding. As most 'one off' manual recordings are setup from one of these clients, its frustrating to have to add the padding manually.

Thanks

Last edited by zzmystique; 09-20-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator

zzmystique: I think your question is similar to this series of posts. Or, you haven't entered the secret code mentioned in the first post of this thread. If neither of those covers it, let me know.

- Andy
Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorting of lower case not working.

SageTV sorting appears to not be able to handle titles starting with lower case.

EX. "the forgotten" episodes 2,3,4 are listed at the very end of the left panel in my case after the W. Episode 1 the pilot which was recorded as "The Forgotten" is sorted properly with the T's.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
SageTV sorting appears to not be able to handle titles starting with lower case.
The latest STV update should help: STV v6.6.2.22 (2009111701)

- Andy