SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75 View Post
sorry try using "videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching" and see if that helps you out.
Oh NO!

Oh NOOOOOOOO!

Mine has videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching=true

If I change it...will it work?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75 View Post
sorry try using "videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching" and see if that helps you out.
Perfect ..... that's working for me now!
Many Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Sage User

It's working absolutely perfectly for me now, as well. Thank you!

Earlier, my wife said, "I didn't even know it was the top of the hour..." "Why?" "The TV didn't lock up."

Guess it works!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi,

I've been playing with this pluggin now for a few weeks now and I've got it working quite well. The only problem I've got is the programme epg data, for general channels I can use XMLTV radiotimes data (UK) but for other channels like Xleauge TV I cant get no epg data as radiotimes doesnt supply this as far as I can tell.

Where do the rest of us UK'ers get their epg data for FTA Sat channels?

Edit: I have found another problem

I have 3 DVB-T tuners and 1 DVB-S tuner, the DVB-t tuners are all working fine in SageTV and the DVB-S tuner works fine in MyTheatre and SageTV via MyTheatre plugin. However when I add the DVB-S tuner to SageTV and select one of the channels to watch it will change to that channel and will work ok, but trying to go back and select one of the DVB-T channels will cause a no signal error.
I'm assuming this is becuase the DVB-S tuner doesnt have any DVB-T channels mapped to it but SageTV doesnt know this. So I've gone into SageTV channel setup and selected the channels I want to use for the network encoder and done the same for the other tuners excluding all the channels which dont work on each card. But for some reason Sage will make the channel alterations for every card and not indiviual cards so I'm back to square one again.
Is there a way to tell sage that for channels "A,B,C,D" use card "A" and for channels "E,F,G" use card "B" so that Sage will then know where to find each channel and on which card.

Many Thanks

Last edited by jaminben; 10-12-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Where do the rest of us UK'ers get their epg data for FTA Sat channels?
It seems that you can use a plugin in MyTheatre to grab the DVB EPG and turn it into XMLTV.

Quote:
Is there a way to tell sage that for channels "A,B,C,D" use card "A" and for channels "E,F,G" use card "B" so that Sage will then know where to find each channel and on which card.
You need to create one DVB-T lineup for the DVB-T cards and one DVB-S Lineup for the DVB-S card.

If you use my XMLTV Importer you can easily create lineups and then distribute your XMLTV channels among these lineups (and even duplicate a channel from a lineup to another one). You'll then find all this lineup in SageTV and you can assign them to the right card.

The only "tricky" part is that when configuring the channels in the XMLTV Importer : for the channel number you'll have to use the channel number found in the frq file for your DVB-T / DVB-S card.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
It seems that you can use a plugin in MyTheatre to grab the DVB EPG and turn it into XMLTV.

You need to create one DVB-T lineup for the DVB-T cards and one DVB-S Lineup for the DVB-S card.

If you use my XMLTV Importer you can easily create lineups and then distribute your XMLTV channels among these lineups (and even duplicate a channel from a lineup to another one). You'll then find all this lineup in SageTV and you can assign them to the right card.

The only "tricky" part is that when configuring the channels in the XMLTV Importer : for the channel number you'll have to use the channel number found in the frq file for your DVB-T / DVB-S card.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Thanks for the swift reply

I think I understand what you mean and I'll have a go at it later tonight.
The only problem I can see is getting the channel lineups for the DVB-S card from the .frq file as I dont have one of these for my HVR 4000 DVB-S card which is the reason for using MyTheatre plugin as Sage doesnt support that particular card (Yet hopefully).
Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The only problem I can see is getting the channel lineups for the DVB-S card from the .frq file as I dont have one of these for my HVR 4000 DVB-S card which is the reason for using MyTheatre plugin.
Okay I have not proccessed correctly all the information in your last post . In this case the channel number used in the Importer is (if I remember it right), the favorite number in MyTheatre.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Okay I have not proccessed correctly all the information in your last post . In this case the channel number used in the Importer is (if I remember it right), the favorite number in MyTheatre.
Yep, that makes sense now. I'll have a read of the forums and see how to make a second lineup for the XMLTV plugin. Just had a quick go but it didnt work but what you wrote does make sense and will hopefully work.

Thankyou
Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Got the plugin to work now Channels change correctly and quite quickly which is what I wanted

Still cant get or find a way to import an epg to use for sage for some of the more obscure channels. I've searched the forums over at MyTheatre and found xmltv2mtepg but cant get that to work correctly. Anyone from the UK have a way to get epg data for astra channels?

I've also noticed that MyTheatre doesnt find all the channels like it used too when I tried MyTheatre a few weeks ago. Channels like BBC HD and Zone Horror, anyone know of a reason why I cant scan these?

Been searching forums all day and need a little help again, Please

Cheers

jaminben
Old 10-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've also noticed that MyTheatre doesnt find all the channels like it used too when I tried MyTheatre a few weeks ago. Channels like BBC HD and Zone Horror, anyone know of a reason why I cant scan these?
I've managed to find BBC HD now only problem is it doesnt work in sagetv. It sort of works using MyTheatre with only the audio which is to be expected as Mytheatre doesnt support H.264.
Trying to view the channel in sagetv will result in a No Signal picture but I was half expecting the audio to work at least.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've managed to find BBC HD now only problem is it doesnt work in sagetv. It sort of works using MyTheatre with only the audio which is to be expected as Mytheatre doesnt support H.264.
Trying to view the channel in sagetv will result in a No Signal picture but I was half expecting the audio to work at least.

Anyone have any ideas?
H.264 doesn't work from MT. Wait a few weeks and Saar is releasing a new version that supports H.264

Technazz
Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
H.264 doesn't work from MT. Wait a few weeks and Saar is releasing a new version that supports H.264

Technazz
Do you have inside information, or is this just speculation?
I have had no luck getting any clues on his progress over at the MT site.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Technazz
Ok Thanks, Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh9man View Post
Do you have inside information, or is this just speculation?
I have had no luck getting any clues on his progress over at the MT site.
This is from Saar

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:53 am Post subject: Re: DVB-S2 support?

Antarktis,
thanks for links, but i already have these docs.
MyTheatre already supports H264 and will be released soon.

http://board.mytheatre.ru/viewtopic....r=asc&start=30

Technazz
Old 10-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has anyone managed to get MPEG2 HD streams working with the plugin (coming from a DVB-S card) for some reason I can just get it to play fine for like 10 mins, after that i get a choppy play. Ive tried changing the allocated buffer on mytheater, from 200M to 600M, and nada, stutters the same (at around 10 minutes after tunning channel). If I change channel, and tune in again it goes away (for another 10 minutes thou). I dont think its CPU related, cuz this same behaivor I had on my old XP 2800+, and now I just upgraded to a C2D 6400 and the same happens...

Old 10-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Has anyone managed to get MPEG2 HD streams working with the plugin (coming from a DVB-S card) for some reason I can just get it to play fine for like 10 mins, after that i get a choppy play. Ive tried changing the allocated buffer on mytheater, from 200M to 600M, and nada, stutters the same (at around 10 minutes after tunning channel). If I change channel, and tune in again it goes away (for another 10 minutes thou). I dont think its CPU related, cuz this same behaivor I had on my old XP 2800+, and now I just upgraded to a C2D 6400 and the same happens...
Mine works Flawless with MT HD.

Does this happen in just using MT?

What type of DVB card do you have?

Technazz
Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Its a Hauppauge Nexus-S, on MT 3.38, nvidia decoder... if I use MT i can see the channel without stuttering.. however on sage, it stutterts badly, and it seems its from the 'source' since it records it with the stuttering (if i play it back the stutters still stays the same way). Your getting the HD stuff from NA sats or EU?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Its a Hauppauge Nexus-S, on MT 3.38, nvidia decoder... if I use MT i can see the channel without stuttering.. however on sage, it stutterts badly, and it seems its from the 'source' since it records it with the stuttering (if i play it back the stutters still stays the same way). Your getting the HD stuff from NA sats or EU?

From NA. Are you using VMR9 or Overlay? Im using VMR9 with FSE. Try that and ensure the NVIDIA decoder is set for VMR9. Also try recording in MT then import into Sage to see if it stutters.

Technazz
Old 10-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
From NA. Are you using VMR9 or Overlay? Im using VMR9 with FSE. Try that and ensure the NVIDIA decoder is set for VMR9. Also try recording in MT then import into Sage to see if it stutters.

Technazz
Just as a comment if anyone else is experiencing the same problem, if you got your software from 'undisclosed' sources, try the trial version.. it fixed my probs.. after that I just bought a licnese of this great program...

Now two more questions:

1) anyone manage to map a remote control command to make mytheater restart (kills it and rerun the mytheater.exe)
2) Is there a way to make sagetv rescan the tunners so it can mark the ones that were 'down' to be on a workign state? (right now for example if mytheater crashes, and i try to tune, sage marks the tunner as unavailable, and even if i restart MT, sage still marks it as down, so i have to restart sage in order to get my MT tuner back online)

Old 10-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you using a legitimate copy of Mytheatre?? I have seen issues like these pop up with the cracked versions... and going to a registered copy solved them. Also, you may want to experiment with a couple of different decoders and see if you get better results.

edit: missed your second pot before I through mine in, but yep legit versions are the way to go.

Last edited by grooves12; 10-20-2007 at 03:06 PM.