SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75 View Post
also going back a few pages in this thread (common guys, search a little)

these are a must (they have been working for me for the past year without fail.)

seeker/fast_mux_switch=false
videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching=false

will ensure end of show issues. Yes you will have a pause, but it will switch over to the next show.
iSage Theme
Old 04-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to debennett2
Quote:
Originally Posted by debennett2 View Post
Is there a way to actually monitor when sage locks up though? That seems to be an ongoing issue with my setup.

Are these memory leaks within mytheatre itself or a result of the combo of Sage AND Mytheatre? Thanks for ANY info on this.
Bump.

Also, what codecs do you guys use? I've been using the nvidia codecs for hardware assist. I did have to install some mkv splitter the other day for viewing some shows I downloaded and it really slowed down things in Sage as far as channel changing and all that goes...anyone have experience with that?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Bump.

Also, what codecs do you guys use? I've been using the nvidia codecs for hardware assist. I did have to install some mkv splitter the other day for viewing some shows I downloaded and it really slowed down things in Sage as far as channel changing and all that goes...anyone have experience with that?
No idea about monitoring MyTheatre... it only locks up on me mabye once every 2 weeks so it's no big deal.

I use Nvidia's PureVideo decoder for MPEG's. CoreAVC for x264 and H.264, along with Haali's media splitter. No issues to report here.

Cheers,
iSage Theme
Old 04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any reason you use CoreAVC over hardware decoding of h.264? I am more curious than anything. I tried it out in the recent past and couldn't even get it to install properly but I don't claim to know everything about the pros and cons of hardware decoding in nvidia cards vs. coreavc.

What version of Sage are you running? I recently upgraded THAT to the latest release. I don't think it's that but maybe it's that combined with the splitter? What happens is the screen gives me the "no signal" box (as it always has) and then the channel appears to be tuning in and the busy animated icon (for sage) is on the screen for maybe 2-4 seconds. Sage has never been "busy" before.

Off-topic: I wonder if there is a way to get rid of that "no signal" box or change the verbage to something else (like please wait). Ultimately, it would be nice to not NEED it but I can;t seem to get channel changing under 6 seconds (well now more than that).
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Any reason you use CoreAVC over hardware decoding of h.264? I am more curious than anything. I tried it out in the recent past and couldn't even get it to install properly but I don't claim to know everything about the pros and cons of hardware decoding in nvidia cards vs. coreavc.
I get much lower CPU usage. Average 720p clip will run around 50% with Cyberlink or Nvidia, where as CoreAVC is around 35%. They aren't lying when they say it's the fastest I have a Geforce 6600GT BTW, so sure, a faster card might render completely different results.

Quote:
What version of Sage are you running? I recently upgraded THAT to the latest release. I don't think it's that but maybe it's that combined with the splitter? What happens is the screen gives me the "no signal" box (as it always has) and then the channel appears to be tuning in and the busy animated icon (for sage) is on the screen for maybe 2-4 seconds. Sage has never been "busy" before.
I am running 6.1.

Quote:
Off-topic: I wonder if there is a way to get rid of that "no signal" box or change the verbage to something else (like please wait). Ultimately, it would be nice to not NEED it but I can;t seem to get channel changing under 6 seconds (well now more than that).
Not sure. I will tell you this, I am not sure which MPEG decoder you are using but I had lots of problems when I was trying to use Cyberlink's. I switched over to the latest PureVideo (which is almost a year old now) and it is sooooo much more reliable.

Cheers,
iSage Theme
Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Closed caption

I am able to get closed captions to work with my theatre. All I need to do is change it to the appropriate graph that has the cc decoder.

However, I cannot for the life of me get closed captions in sagetv. Is there a way to manipulate sages' graphs (with graphedit, for example) so that I can get closed caption? Does sage even use graphs?

Has anybody gotten closed caption to work with sagetv and my theatre?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Breaking signal

I have a P4, 3.0 MT, Sage 6.1, MT and Twinhand card. If I see the signal directly thru MT it looks good. But when I play it thru sage it plays ok but I keep getting break signal, just like what you get when it is raining hard and the satellite signal breaks.
I am using 2 MVP units to play sage upstairs.
Some thing interesting I found is that if I play the same recordings directly in my computer they play ok, no signal breaks.

MT, the Twinhand and sage are all installed in the same computer. The MVPs are connected to the same Belking router, so it could not be network traffic. NOthing else is competing with the MVP in the network.

I also have a FTA receiver to get this channels from my satellite. If I use my FTA receiver to record the same shows in the same channels as the Twinhand is doing, they play OK using the same MVP. So I think I may need to change maybe some setting in my MT, ???

Any ideas????
Old 05-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to make the plugin cycle thru all available audio tracks of the current channel?? (supposing there are 2 different languages and maybe an AC3 track) (from a MyTheater source)

Old 07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

In an attempt to NOT screw up my system I thought I'd ask here forst. I have been using Sage with the Mytheatre network encoder plugin (and an hdhomerun) for quite some time now. It works but about once a week or more something crashes and I need to go through the entire process of getting everyting back up and running...furthermore, the channel-changing time is still a bit much for me.

Supopsedly there is dvb-s support in the latest beta. Has anyone tried it? Will it allow plugins for us NA viewers? Anyone in NA using the latest beta rather than this setup now? Thanks for any input!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

MyTheatre, S2-3200 and Server 2003

Hi all,

I have an odd issue with this combination. I don't think it has anything to do with the Sage plugin for MyTheatre, as the problem still occurs if I uninstall the plugin; but this seemed to be a reasonable place to see if anyone can offer any guidance!

The S2-3200 card works fine to start with. MyTheatre tunes a transponder and reports 40-60% signal strength and 100% quality, and I can view and record channels. I can switch transponders and view other channels.

However, after a random period of time MyTheatre suddenly changes to reporting 0% signal strength and 96% quality. It is then not possible to tune to a different transponder - you can still view any channel on the transponder you were using at the moment it changed. This never recovers, even with an application restart; to fix it you have to exit the application, go to Device Manager, disable the TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner and then re-enable it. Then you can tune again, and get sensible signal readings, until the problem recurs.

It may be caused by my motherboard rather than the Server 2003 O/S; can anyone confirm whether they have this combination working with Server 2003? I guess dual booting to XP might be a way to test whether it's a hardware issue or not...

Thanks!

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 07-21-2007, 03:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Supopsedly there is dvb-s support in the latest beta. Has anyone tried it? Will it allow plugins for us NA viewers?
Some people are using the betas for DVBS successfully, there are a few posts showing that. However, there's no plugin support wherever you live.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

multiple instances of mytheatre

Hello all,

I am using rickgillyon's script to keep mytheatre and sagetv running. It works great (many thanks!). I was wondering how this could be modified to allow for two instances of mytheatre. If one instance of mytheatre crashes, the script sees the other mytheatre and doesnt start up the crashed one. I changed one of the instances of mytheatre.exe to mytheatre1.exe and modified the script. The modded script worked however, Mytheatre1.exe gave an error: this file must be named mytheatre.exe...

Any ideas?

Code:
do
dim taskname
taskname="nothing"
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'MyTheatre.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcessList
'objProcess.Terminate()
taskname=objprocess.name

Next
if taskname="MyTheatre.exe" then
'Do Nothing Continue Checking
else
'Restart MT Continue Checking
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run "C:\XviD\restartMT.bat",0,True
WScript.sleep(30 * 1000)
end if

taskname="nothing"
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'SageTV.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcessList
'objProcess.Terminate()
taskname=objprocess.name

Next
if taskname="SageTV.exe" then
'Do Nothing Continue Checking
else
'Restart Sage Continue Checking
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run "C:\XviD\restartsage.bat",0,True
end if

WScript.sleep(60 * 1000)
loopRestartMT.bat
Old 08-15-2007, 06:21 PM

ok so i finally got it up and running the only problems I am having now are these. I am running a sempron 2800+ with 1 gb memory and this thing tendeds to use up nearly 90 % of my cpu . the other is when i go in i have a niche listing of all the dish channels in ther ebut when i click on one I get the worng channel. I checkec on this and it is due to how my channels are numbered in my channels.mdb. Does anyone have a tool to number those channels to mathc the dn lineup ?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymeat View Post
ok so i finally got it up and running the only problems I am having now are these. I am running a sempron 2800+ with 1 gb memory and this thing tendeds to use up nearly 90 % of my cpu . the other is when i go in i have a niche listing of all the dish channels in ther ebut when i click on one I get the worng channel. I checkec on this and it is due to how my channels are numbered in my channels.mdb. Does anyone have a tool to number those channels to mathc the dn lineup ?
When you select the channels and add them to the fovorites list, select the option that says "assign SID as channel no." This will give them the same number as in Sage/Dish Network's guide.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you using WDM or BDA drivers? WDM drivers generally result in lower CPU usage.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

what ^ said

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
There is more than one way to skin a cat....

I found it was quicker to work directly in channels.mdb using Access. I copied the row of channels over to the row for SID. And then I went through and put 1 in the favorite column for all of the channels i wanted to use in sage...

PS Does anyone have an answer to my question about multiple lineups and using rickygillon's stay alive script?

Last edited by herrdude; 08-16-2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

For anyone checking out this thread, this will probably interest you as well:

http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=41365

Its a work in progress network encoder for DVBDream.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

<Borat> Very nice!</Borat>
iSage Theme
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is this plugin still valid? or is there a way to achieve the same results in Sagetv 6.1?

Is anyone using this plugin successfully?

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro