SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by debennett2 View Post
if I try to launch directly into Sagetv and view tv, it just craps out and locks of sagetv pretty good. If I crash sagetv (which seems to also crash mytheatre without fail), then launch mytheatre and then sagetv manually, I can then go in and watch tv
I can't really answer that one, I can tell you that I launch MyT before Sage (mainly to avoid the conflict notification if it doesn't see the network encoders). I have a script which runs at startup (and keeps running) which checks if MyT is running and if not, starts it; then pauses and does the same for Sage.

Then if either craps out they are automatically restarted.

Quote:
EDIT: Tried that setting and had no affect on channel changing speed. Anyone have any other ideas? Maybe it is my card? WDM drivers maybe? Do they even make these for my card? Will they work if they do?
I'd wait and swap out the Twinhan for the FireDTV and see if channel changes and crashes improve. I had a few lockups with the Twinhan, rare with the FireDTV, and the Twinhan was slow and a CPU hog. Pull it when you get the FireDTV and do some testing with that alone.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 03-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to debennett2
well, as expensive as the firedtv is, I just ordered a second one as well. Won't have them for a while of course (and it looks like I will have to swap out the power supply for a NA one when it does get here) but I hope it is worth it.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Sage Icon

Not sure about the PSU on FireDTV, but you can mount FloppyDTVs inside your case (3.5" drive cage, 5.25" drive cage, PCI/PCI-e slot) and use the standard molex connector from your PCs PSU. That's what I did...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 03-29-2007, 06:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I wish I would have known that in advance. I thought the FloppyDTV's were hardware CAM devices or something. Oh well....too late now.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
(and it looks like I will have to swap out the power supply for a NA one when it does get here)
Why would you have to do that? The FireDTV comes with a seperate, external power supply. It is a european plug but has a standard North American adpater. Or maybe I am not understanding what you mean...
iSage Theme
Old 03-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I wish I would have known that in advance. I thought the FloppyDTV's were hardware CAM devices or something. Oh well....too late now.
Email and check if they've dispatched yet! The UK operation sometimes have dispatch delays...
Old 03-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbell View Post
Why would you have to do that? The FireDTV comes with a seperate, external power supply. It is a european plug but has a standard North American adpater. Or maybe I am not understanding what you mean...
I bought them from firedtv.com (firedtv.ca does not resolve for some reason). The .com address is UK but they do ship to the US. The wall plug is not compatible for our standards here. Do you know what voltage and amperage they are...and better yet, what plug type it has?

Thanks!

Quote:
Email and check if they've dispatched yet! The UK operation sometimes have dispatch delays...
Thought about that this morning and got an email from them saying the first one I ordered has shipped. No sense stopping the second one. At least these will be more portable if I happen to change my setup way down the road and don't have room inside. Now I just need to figure out what wall plug I need ahead of time so I am not running around when they do come in....
Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I bought them from firedtv.com (firedtv.ca does not resolve for some reason). The .com address is UK but they do ship to the US. The wall plug is not compatible for our standards here. Do you know what voltage and amperage they are...and better yet, what plug type it has?
I'm thinking it's the German "CEE 7/4" (especially since they are based in Germany aren't they?) That, or the "CEE 7/17".

I am basing my reserach off of here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti...gs_and_sockets

It's definitely one of the plugs with the 2 long prongs.

Cheers,
iSage Theme
Old 03-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

new questions:

1) I have skimmed through some stuff saying that people are getting data from mytheatre's epg...that sounds like another chance for failure and not very automated, is there a good way? Is that it? If so, does anyone have links to that info?

2) I found the multi-source plugin but have not found documentation or a thread for it just yet. How does it work? Does it mix the channels together? Do you just "switch" between providers? Is it smart enough to know that more than one provider can be on one single card or do you have to assign a card per provider?

Sorry for all these questions but you guys seem to have all the answers and I can't help myself. Would love to get this ready before my new FireDTV's get in. Got some pros coming tomorrow to repoijnt some dishes.

Thanks!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

As far as I know you can't get the EPG data from MyTheatre overto Sage.

Cheers,
iSage Theme

Last edited by travisbell; 03-29-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
If you guys want MT epg info and port into Sage, there is a nice program over in the download section of MyThreatre epg2xmltv app to download and setup is on this site and others.

thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Sage Icon

You can create new channels manually in Sage for any lineup, give 'em a meaningful name and map them to the appropriate MyT channel. You'll just get anonymous 2-hour blocks in the EPG IIRC, but you can watch and record.

Quote:
3) I found the multi-source plugin but have not found documentation or a thread for it just yet. How does it work? Does it mix the channels together? Do you just "switch" between providers? Is it smart enough to know that more than one provider can be on one single card or do you have to assign a card per provider?
One provider/lineup per tuner (or one lineup for multiple tuners), but the XML you supply to the plugin can contain any channels you want.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think what i need to do is make sure on Windows startup that Mytheatre starts first and has adequate time to get going and THEN have sage run. Is anyone doing this? If so, what approach did you take? Isn't Sage running as a service? Thanks for any pointers with this. One of the main issues I am having is on reboots.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think what i need to do is make sure on Windows startup that Mytheatre starts first and has adequate time to get going and THEN have sage run. Is anyone doing this? If so, what approach did you take? Isn't Sage running as a service? Thanks for any pointers with this. One of the main issues I am having is on reboots.
I run Sage as a service, and simply stuck MyTheatre in the Startup folder.

I have stopped and restarted MyTheatre while the Sage service is running many times without any issues. All I have noticed is you gotta give Sage maybe 15-30 secs to pick it up again.
iSage Theme
Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I had the same problem... and am using this to resolve it.

http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?pa...how=startdelay

You can start and stop Mytheatre without issues while Sage is running most of the time (In fact I have a script do this daily to clear Mytheatre's EPG data and clear some memory leaks that Mytheatre has.) But, if it doesn't see the Network Encoder on startup it disables the tuner.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

rickgillyon:

Can you post your script that checks whether mytheater is running and restarts it if it crashes?

Mytheater intermittently flakes on me and crashes. Nice to have it restart.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
have you guys turned off 7-day epg ?

it does wonders......
Old 04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio View Post
Can you post your script that checks whether mytheater is running and restarts it if it crashes?
NP.

Put this code in say checksage.vbs, and run at startup. This checks if MyT is running and starts it, then checks if Sage is running and starts it. This is what I use to start them at reboot.
Code:
do
dim taskname
taskname="nothing"
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'MyTheatre.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcessList
'objProcess.Terminate()
taskname=objprocess.name

Next
if taskname="MyTheatre.exe" then
'Do Nothing Continue Checking
else
'Restart MT Continue Checking
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run "C:\XviD\restartMT.bat",0,True
WScript.sleep(30 * 1000)
end if

taskname="nothing"
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'SageTV.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcessList
'objProcess.Terminate()
taskname=objprocess.name

Next
if taskname="SageTV.exe" then
'Do Nothing Continue Checking
else
'Restart Sage Continue Checking
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run "C:\XviD\restartsage.bat",0,True
end if

WScript.sleep(60 * 1000)
loop
RestartMT.bat (I have 4 instances):
Code:
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\MyTheatre"
start MTStart.exe /toggle /Card1
start MTStart.exe /toggle /Card2
start MTStart.exe /toggle /Card3
start MTStart.exe /toggle /Card4
exit
RestartSage.bat:
Code:
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV"
start SageTv.exe -startup
To stop the script running, have a batch file containing the following:
Code:
tskill wscript /a
Works a treat. Means I don't have to use service mode, which gave me MVP problems.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to actually monitor when sage locks up though? That seems to be an ongoing issue with my setup.

Are these memory leaks within mytheatre itself or a result of the combo of Sage AND Mytheatre? Thanks for ANY info on this.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Keep getting freezes at the end of shows...not always but quite a bit. Any fix for this?