SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Worked it out - I already had a different network encoder running on port 6969. It was the port clash that caused the crash.

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok Good.

technazz
Old 03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am using this plugin for a while now and now i was wondering (since my sat provider have more and more 5.1 movie channel availaible) if i can get ac3 from Mytheatre to SageTV ? Many channel have closed captionning too so is it possible to get that too ?

Thanks !
Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried turning on CC in MyTheatre settings? I believe there are plugins for CC too.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dolby 5.1 is working fine out of the box for me...just make sure in Sage you are using AC3filter (and have it configured properly).

Switching between DD 2.0 and DD 5.1 works like a charm, and sounds awesome.

Cheers,
iSage Theme
Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Have you tried turning on CC in MyTheatre settings? I believe there are plugins for CC too.
Yes and in Mytheatre i can see CC on channel that support that but not in Sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbell
Dolby 5.1 is working fine out of the box for me...just make sure in Sage you are using AC3filter (and have it configured properly).

Switching between DD 2.0 and DD 5.1 works like a charm, and sounds awesome.

Cheers,
In Mytheatre i tried selecting Switch to Ac3 track if audio PID set as AUTO but when i switch to a channel that have an AC3 track i got no sound and no picture in Sage and yes i am using AC3Filter i Sage.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox71
In Mytheatre i tried selecting Switch to Ac3 track if audio PID set as AUTO but when i switch to a channel that have an AC3 track i got no sound and no picture in Sage and yes i am using AC3Filter i Sage.
There is a setting In My Theatre to prefer AC3. Try getting it to work in MyTheatre First with AC3Filter then try it in Sage. You may also want to copy the acfilter.ax from the AC3Filter folder to the SageTV directory overwriting the one provided with sage as it is really old compared to the new 1.11 version.

Technazz
Old 03-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to debennett2
What versions of mytheatre is everyone using with this? I can;t get mytheatre to scan 110 or 119 properly by itself yet. Just wondered if there was an older version that works better for everyone. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am using 3.37.2 I just noticed 3.38 is out... probably upgrade tonight and see if everything works properly. I'll let ya know.

Cheers,
iSage Theme
Old 03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just a quick update, I installed 3.38 and everything is working perfectly.

Cheers,
iSage Theme
Old 03-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

MyTheatre 3.3.8 Genpix Module

With this release there is suport for Genpix DVB-S card with more supported modulations

Supported modulations:

DVB-S (QPSK)
Turbo-coded QPSK
Turbo-coded 8PSK
Turbo-coded 16QAM
Digicipher II Combo
Digicipher II Split (I/Q)
Digicipher II Offset QPSK
DSS (QPSK)

So there are some H.264 Channels that can be received but not played in MyTheatre because Saar does not support H.264 yet. I was wondering because of the this plug, in the video stream is passed onto SageTV (which has some support for H.264) from MyTheatre. Would this work?

I was looking into purchasing one of these units ($400) but this may be a stumbling block.

Technazz
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

recording size

I just noticed this. I have this network encoder set to 2GB/HR quality and Im only getting about 870MB hour . Is anybody else getting the same results?

My other tuner PVR-250 with the same quality I get 2GB/HR

The quality looks ok but it doesnt seem right.

Technazz
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

End of show freezing...

I saw this problem earlier in the thread and it seemed to fade away. I would like to bring it back to life to find out the cause and hopefully a solution.

Problem: Very sporadically, the video freezes at the pause at the end of each show (either on the half hour or the hour)

Workaround solution: When it freezes at the end of a show, hit Stop and the Stop again. This stops the video recording. Then select Guide and then the channel you want/were watching and then choose that channel. This works but it is far from wife-friendly.

Observation: It happens fairly frequently, if I had to put a percentage to it, I would say it freezes at the end of a show about 75% of the time. I have noticed that if the following show starts early or if the previous show finishes up just after the half hour or hour then it does not freezeup. In other words, it seems to freeze up during the commercials (not including shows that are delayed because of rewinding or pausing)

Can anyone else confirm that it freezes during commercials as well?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
With this release there is suport for Genpix DVB-S card with more supported modulations

Supported modulations:

DVB-S (QPSK)
Turbo-coded QPSK
Turbo-coded 8PSK
Turbo-coded 16QAM
Digicipher II Combo
Digicipher II Split (I/Q)
Digicipher II Offset QPSK
DSS (QPSK)

So there are some H.264 Channels that can be received but not played in MyTheatre because Saar does not support H.264 yet. I was wondering because of the this plug, in the video stream is passed onto SageTV (which has some support for H.264) from MyTheatre. Would this work?

I was looking into purchasing one of these units ($400) but this may be a stumbling block.

Technazz

I was wondering this too. I would like to hear from someone using this setup before investing the $$$$
Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I just noticed this. I have this network encoder set to 2GB/HR quality and Im only getting about 870MB hour .
I assume it's a DVB source? Basically, Sage just takes the digital stream and dumps it to disk, whatever quality you have selected. If it's transmitted at 870mb/h that's exactly what you get. The Hauppauge is encoding an analogue stream so there is a choice to be made on quality of the encode.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 03-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
I assume it's a DVB source? Basically, Sage just takes the digital stream and dumps it to disk, whatever quality you have selected. If it's transmitted at 870mb/h that's exactly what you get. The Hauppauge is encoding an analogue stream so there is a choice to be made on quality of the encode.
Ok, Ill buy that.

Ill just have to check a recording in MT vs SageTv (same channel for 1 hour)

Thanks

Technazz
Old 03-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrdude View Post
I saw this problem earlier in the thread and it seemed to fade away. I would like to bring it back to life to find out the cause and hopefully a solution.

Problem: Very sporadically, the video freezes at the pause at the end of each show (either on the half hour or the hour)

Workaround solution: When it freezes at the end of a show, hit Stop and the Stop again. This stops the video recording. Then select Guide and then the channel you want/were watching and then choose that channel. This works but it is far from wife-friendly.

Observation: It happens fairly frequently, if I had to put a percentage to it, I would say it freezes at the end of a show about 75% of the time. I have noticed that if the following show starts early or if the previous show finishes up just after the half hour or hour then it does not freezeup. In other words, it seems to freeze up during the commercials (not including shows that are delayed because of rewinding or pausing)

Can anyone else confirm that it freezes during commercials as well?
I have random issuers like this but I attribute it to Sage and not the network encoder... check this thread for more info.
iSage Theme
Old 03-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrdude View Post
Very sporadically, the video freezes at the pause at the end of each show (either on the half hour or the hour)

...In other words, it seems to freeze up during the commercials (not including shows that are delayed because of rewinding or pausing)
I expect that such problems are just due to Sage starting a new file at the start of a new show. There will always be a brief pause while it starts the new file. As MyTheatre keeps the stream going, I assume it's Sage hanging up.

Isn't the Sage "fast_mux_switch" meant to help this, by setting to false?
You don't have "Always Tune" set to true do you?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
also going back a few pages in this thread (common guys, search a little)

these are a must (they have been working for me for the past year without fail.)

seeker/fast_mux_switch=false
videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching=false

will ensure end of show issues. Yes you will have a pause, but it will switch over to the next show.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage User

Please help

This is my setup:

PC 1 Running latest version of Sage
PC 2 Running MT and Twinhand 1020

All working ok but one little problem I can not figure out how to fix. I have done all I read but still can not find the problem.

When sage is recording using MT I can not see the recording until it is completed done (recorded is finished). I think I found the reason but do not know how to fix it. While recording a program using MT in Sage, I click the recording under CURRENTLY RECORDING and choose VIDEO RECORDING DETAILS. I can see in there that SAGE shows FILE:[C:\SAGE VIDEOS ...] refereing to the local PC1 where sage is running, which is a mistake because the file is located in computer PC2 in C:\Sage Videos. Once the program is recorder and done, then SAGE fixes it and changes the path to \\PC2\Sharename.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it. All other works great, channels change, I can see video but again once it is recorded not before.

Thanks for your help.