SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Sage Icon

I'm using MT 3.36 with SageTv 6.0.12, seems very reliable so far for DVBC. Channel changes are actually very fast, I'm impressed.

I think this plugin will have a number of users despite core support for DVBS and DVBC until SageTv supports DVBCore plugins.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

rickgillyon:
Thank you for your answer.

Regards
hoep
Old 11-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hauppauge DEC 3000-s

Anybody running this device sucessfully with MT (plugin ?). Compatibility list says, it's supported...

Regards
hoep

Clients: 3 x MediaMVP, 2 x HD-300, 4 x SageTV Client

Old 11-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoep
Anybody running this device sucessfully with MT (plugin ?). Compatibility list says, it's supported...

Regards
hoep
Easiest way is to just check if it works under MyTheatre (it should). If it works under MT there should be no reason that it doesn't work under the plugin.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Sage User

New user of MTSAGE

Peterjb,

I started using your plugin and its very promising. I have couple of questions, do we need to enumerate the channel number from 1 in the the favorite of Mytheatre, that mean in SageTV guide and I have to remap all the channel to a new physical channel number (ie from 1 to n).

What if I have around 950 channels, do I need to remap all channels

Can we use the actual channel number of Mytheatre.

I tried using the actual channel number but, SageTV is not able to change channel in Mytheatre
Old 11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

Enumerate from 1 and make the sid the channel number. Im guessing that you did not put all the channels into the "sagetv" favorite list. You do not need to manually map anything. It should just work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsonmathews@
Peterjb,

I started using your plugin and its very promising. I have couple of questions, do we need to enumerate the channel number from 1 in the the favorite of Mytheatre, that mean in SageTV guide and I have to remap all the channel to a new physical channel number (ie from 1 to n).

What if I have around 950 channels, do I need to remap all channels

Can we use the actual channel number of Mytheatre.

I tried using the actual channel number but, SageTV is not able to change channel in Mytheatre

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
Enumerate from 1 and make the sid the channel number. Im guessing that you did not put all the channels into the "sagetv" favorite list. You do not need to manually map anything. It should just work.
thanks, that worked
Old 11-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Sage User

"Live" tv not working well but recordings "OK"

Hi everyone,

I have been using this plugin for about six months on and off. Lately I have been having an issue. Everything works fine in MyTheatre as far as watching Live TV is concerned but when I try to watch Live TV in Sage it works for about 3 mins and then the video freezes and it may or may not start again. However, when I record shows through Sage they work flawlessly. Anyone else having similar issues recently. I haven't really changed anything. I am using Nvidia drivers and decoders, always have. MT version 3.36 and Sage v5.x w/SageMC frontend.

Anyone else experiencing this? Oh and Live TV from my OTA HD tuner works fine in Sage it's just the MT stuff that freezes.

Kevin
Old 12-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Sage User

sirius music

well i have it all setup on the 15 day trail one.. but music like sirius don't work wonder why?
anyone know?
it says no singal?
but mt plays them?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth-ox
well i have it all setup on the 15 day trail one.. but music like sirius don't work wonder why?
anyone know?
it says no singal?
but mt plays them?
Support for radio channels was never added to the plugin. It was discussed a couple of times but never actually made it in. I don't think Peter (the author) is working on this plugin any longer, but I believe he posted the source to the Sage Community Wiki if anyone reading this wants to look at it.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Sage User

then it not worth gettng sagetv lol
Old 12-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth-ox
anyone know?
it says no singal?
but mt plays them?
I've had this question via pm quite a bit of late, so I'll provide a public reply

There is currently no reason why the plugin shouldn't support DVB radio channels as is. There is nothing in the plugin code that explicitly prevents it from recording DVB radio.

You will need to change the recording settings in MT to tell it to record radio as MPEG2, and then include the channel in your MT favourites & SageTV channel lineup. The problem was ( maybe still is ) that SageTV could not play an mpg file that does not contain a video stream.

You'll need to test this and see how you go. If it doesn't work it would be worthwhile raising a bug on the beta to see if this functionality can be included in the final release.

Cheers
Peter
Old 12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb
I've had this question via pm quite a bit of late, so I'll provide a public reply

There is currently no reason why the plugin shouldn't support DVB radio channels as is. There is nothing in the plugin code that explicitly prevents it from recording DVB radio.

You will need to change the recording settings in MT to tell it to record radio as MPEG2, and then include the channel in your MT favourites & SageTV channel lineup. The problem was ( maybe still is ) that SageTV could not play an mpg file that does not contain a video stream.

You'll need to test this and see how you go. If it doesn't work it would be worthwhile raising a bug on the beta to see if this functionality can be included in the final release.
I have Mytheatre set to record Radio as MPEG-2 and radio has never worked for me at least.

*wild speculation mode ON*
I don't think Mytheatre displays / decodes any of the visual information on radio channels, and without a video signal SageTV doesn't recognize it as a valid stream
* wild speculation mode OFF*
Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Sage User

i tried mt to record it as a mpeg2 and still nothing in sage it says getting file but no sound?
so it tells me sage can't do it with out video?
no the question is can we add video to music channels?

Quote:

Cheers
Peter
Old 12-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Technotrend Premium DVB-C 2300

Anyone out there using the latest version of the Technotrend Premium for DVB-C with MyTheatre? Can't get the damn thing to work in MyTheatre, and there's never any response on the MyT forums...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage User

v6 problem with some channel changes

I have this weird issue with new sageTV version 6 and channel changing using this plugin. When you are changing channel from a 3 digit channel say, "200" to a 4 digit channel that is exactly the same except + 1000, ie channel "1200", the channel remains on the 3 digit one. The same problem surfaces when going tthe other way, from 1200 > 200, or 1xxx > xxx. All other 3 to 4 digit channel changes work. Ie 200 > 1201 > 200 works etc. This problem wasn't with SageTV ver 5, however, the odd thing is the correct channel number is shown in the plugin window, and the indy logs show that the correct channel number is being passed. But no channel change happens.

I have "MyTheatreUseChannelNo=1" in Card1.ini

From Card1.log.

"12/19/2006 7:27:25 AM: Channel change request - SageTV Channel No : 1200 MyTheatre Channel No. :1200 Channel ID :2820 Channel SID :200 Channel Name : CBC-A
12/19/2006 7:27:54 AM: Channel change request - SageTV Channel No : 200 MyTheatre Channel No. :200 Channel ID :1659 Channel SID :200 Channel Name : CNN"

In the above channel change, it remained on 1200.

Same event in Card1_Indy.log:

"Recv 12/19/2006 7:27:25 AM: START MTSageTV Card 1 TV Tuner|1200|2333062491320|\\SAT1\SageONE\CuriousGeorge-7141364-0.mpg|Great<EOL>

Recv 12/19/2006 7:27:54 AM: START MTSageTV Card 1 TV Tuner|200|2333062549234|\\SAT1\SageONE\AmericanMorning-7118530-0.mpg|Great<EOL>"

Any have the same issue? or ideas onhow to solve this?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Turn on debug logging and then attach your log file - I'll have a look at it

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Turn on debug logging and then attach your log file - I'll have a look at it

Cheers

Peter
Cool!

Ok i did a debug log (selected debug trace, others unselected, im assuming thats what you wanted) of the following channel changes.
The log starts at 5:00 AM but the debug logging begins at 8:05 PM

This is what I did starting at 8:05PM:

tune channel 107 (worked)
tune channel 1107 (did not work, new recording is of channel 107)
tune channel 1200 (worked)
tune channel 200 (did not work, new recording is of channel 1200)

Thanks Peter
Attached Files
File Type: txt Card2.txt (236.7 KB, 186 views)
Old 12-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Sage User

Peter, I figured out a solution to my problem.

In channels.mdb I just changed the sid #'s to match the channel #'s and that fixed the problem. Before chan 1200 had sid = 200, & channel 200 also had sid = 200, so there must have been some confusion introduced with v6. Everything seems to work fine now. Thanks again.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:51 PM

I can't seem to get this working. Sage TV just reports "no signal". My Theatre is working fine, and I can see it changing channels when I request them in Sage, but I still get no video displayed in Sage? Any idea's?

Thanks