SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

This was a problem with some previous versions of SageTV in that the Directshow filters didn't necessarily 'find' a DD Soundtrack in the file recorded by the plugin. I know that it will work with SageTV V5.0.x, I'm unsure as to where it was rectified in any of the earlier V4.x.x releases.

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 05-24-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:03 AM
Sage User

Should I give up on XP SP2?

I really have no clue where to troubleshoot from here. I have a feeling its in some sort of firewire driver or something, but I just don't know.

The latest firestb.zip's are all MCE 2005 only, but the last thing I want to do is a full reinstall with a new OS and all its new issues.

Recap: Many SD channels record fine via 1394, some glitch and HD channels won't record. BUT all of the channels HD/SD record fine via 1394 to my OS X machine...Same problem in CapDVHS and SageTV...

XP SP2 Athlon XP2500+ with 512MB

p.s. tried posting on avsforum, but all the only advice I get is 1. it should work and 2. try reinstalling everything from scratch (which i may end up doing eventually)
Old 05-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage User

Does this plugin work with other dvbcore apps such as progdvb? If it does would progdvb be a better solution?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Dolby Digital

From what I can tell via my Dolby Digital optical output is working, when I turn onto a channel with sage that has 5.1 or higher, my surround sound unit turns over to DolbyDigital EX. All I made sure was that my audio decoder was set to use SDPIF (I cant remember the correct lettering) port only for analog and digital sound.

Nivdia decoders (ver 185) and in sage I have it set to realtek audio ( the audio driver itself) and not directsound drivers, because I dont have a supported audio card for the decoders. And so far I had no problems like from post above.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Got it working... I had Audio Renderer set to default... I selected DirectSound: (Sound card) and it works fine now.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:04 PM

Can somebody tell me how they handle recording with Mytheatre and this plugin?

I mean, I put my system into standby mode whenever its not in use. If I scehdule a recording, what will happen?

With MT alone, it puts a task in task scheduler with proper command line options, how will with work with sagettv and mytheatre togeather.

Can somebody please explain?

thanks,
Old 06-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_man
Can somebody tell me how they handle recording with Mytheatre and this plugin?

I mean, I put my system into standby mode whenever its not in use. If I scehdule a recording, what will happen?

With MT alone, it puts a task in task scheduler with proper command line options, how will with work with sagettv and mytheatre togeather.

Can somebody please explain?

thanks,
I beleive that has been discussed in this thread
Old 08-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Sage User

Hello,

sorry, can this plugin work with the new DVB-S2 Cards ???

By
Heiko
Old 08-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to vuego
If the DVB card is supported by MyTheatre, I don't see why it shouldnt work with this plugin.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:11 AM

Hi,

I been trying like crazy to get this working with the latest SageTV.

Everything works fine in MT, and i get as far as adding the network interface to sage,
After that i pick tuning, and it just sits there saying please wait getting preview.

I can't get past this screen. I've read through this whole thread and i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. I've tried with Sage 4.0 and Sage 5.0, but the same problem. The MT side looks fine and i'm not even upto checking the channels in Sage, so it can't be a problem with the favourites?

Any ideas? The only error i see in the logs is the BUFFER one, but i've set the menu's to never show video in menu's and i still get it

HELP!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:43 AM

Very odd!

The first 3 channels in my channel list were not broadcasting so it just sat there. I moved a live channel to the top of my favourite list and it worked!

Anyway i can confirm its working with a DVB-S2 card... i'll let you know how hd goes.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k__
Very odd!

The first 3 channels in my channel list were not broadcasting so it just sat there. I moved a live channel to the top of my favourite list and it worked!

Anyway i can confirm its working with a DVB-S2 card... i'll let you know how hd goes.
So how is the HD going?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

I never got the dvb network tuner to work in the setup preview. Just skip through that part and then try to tune it.

I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k__
Hi,

I been trying like crazy to get this working with the latest SageTV.

Everything works fine in MT, and i get as far as adding the network interface to sage,
After that i pick tuning, and it just sits there saying please wait getting preview.

I can't get past this screen. I've read through this whole thread and i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. I've tried with Sage 4.0 and Sage 5.0, but the same problem. The MT side looks fine and i'm not even upto checking the channels in Sage, so it can't be a problem with the favourites?

Any ideas? The only error i see in the logs is the BUFFER one, but i've set the menu's to never show video in menu's and i still get it

HELP!

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Got a question for you Peter, I've been wondering if there's any way we could use this plugin to control MT channel changes, while recording through the video inputs of the PVR 250 (or whichever model one may have)? I really don't like the files my Nexus-s records, piles of dropped frames, WEIRD resolution & bitrate....but the video coming out of the a/v outs is awesome. I figure you could probably do it by pluggin in the ir receiver into the dvb-s card then controlling it with the Usb-uirt as a stb, but i'd like to get away from that if at all possible....

Carl

-It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase...
-Deep Purple
Old 10-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has there evere been a solution for receiving Music Channels from the satellite into Dish with DVB-S??
Old 10-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
Has there evere been a solution for receiving Music Channels from the satellite into Dish with DVB-S??
I don't think so. I believe this was asked for in an earlier post in this thread, but development of the plugin stopped some time ago and no one else has picked it up.

I think Peter posted the source to sage-community.org, if anyone wants to take a crack at it.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

If I add a second tuner for DVB-C of exactly the same type, do I need to retune or setup an extra favourite lineup, or will MyTheatre/this plugin use the existing tuning/favourite on the new card? I realise I need to set up the new card in the plugin and in Sage, but can MyTheatre stay just as it is?

Thanks!
Rick
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
If I add a second tuner for DVB-C of exactly the same type, do I need to retune or setup an extra favourite lineup, or will MyTheatre/this plugin use the existing tuning/favourite on the new card? I realise I need to set up the new card in the plugin and in Sage, but can MyTheatre stay just as it is?

Thanks!
Rick
Your current setup and favourite should be able to be reused for the second card. You'll need to reconfigure your hardware setup when you switch to using the /cardn command line option for MT. This is so as MT knows which card is associated with which /cardn option. Depending on what other plugins you use, you may need to take a second copy of the MT install directory and run the additional copy of MT from that directory.

Cheers

Peter
Old 10-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Sage Icon

So some plugins can only handle one stream at a time, therefore you need two instances of MT running? I guess I'll just have to try it and see. Would be nice to just have one...but at least I don't need to tune/set up favourites, that was a PITA.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-24-2006, 05:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Compatibility

I searched through the thread but could not find any hint about compatibility to SageTV 6.x. I only noticed difficuties with 5.x.
Is this plugin still compatible with 6.x? I am aware that Sage is planning to natively support BDA driver based DVB-s cards, but as I have cards, which do not have BDA drivers (but are suppurted by MT), I would still be interested using this plugin.

Regards
hoep