SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
I WISH I could get anywhere near that... I have two cards, but am currently runnign in single card mode and can't get much more than 24 hours of stability out of MT. What version are you running... and what plugins, epg options, and other apps are you running on the system??
I'm running 3.35.3 and the only plugins I run are the MTSage Plugin and an MDPlugin. I also run MT on a completely separate PC from the PC I run SageTV on, so that might help with stability.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't have any EPG plugins... however I do have it set to parse the Dish 7-day epg.
Make sure you only have one instance of MT set to parse EPG data. I have my card1 instance gathering all the EPG data and writing it, all other instances don't even look at EPG data. EPG data collection does eat a lot of memory under MT, and if you have 3 or 4 instances all trying to do it, I could see it leading to almost daily instability.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm currently only running one instance of it... however I had both the DVBcore paser and parse dishepg options checked, I unchecked the DVBcore one... and just have the dishepg option selected, so we will see if that helps...
Old 05-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Quote:
Is that what you have in a batch file that is set to run?? How would that work for a dual MT setup??

then it would look like this

"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /CARD1 /TOGGLE
timeout 25
"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /CARD2 /TOGGLE

Just make sure you have checked " Seperate OFFLINE,CARDn profiles " and when you run card2, that you set the hardware card and restart MT manual. once this is done, card 1 and card2 will work with this basic script for you. And dont forget to get timeout.exe from the net or resouce kit. it helps, if you do not start everything at once.

Last edited by Motofreak75; 05-09-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /CARD1 /TOGGLE
timeout 25
"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /CARD2 /TOGGLE
Do you find that sometimes MTStart.exe does not work? The program runs but is unable to communicate with MyTheatre and just sits there.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff
Do you find that sometimes MTStart.exe does not work? The program runs but is unable to communicate with MyTheatre and just sits there.

Also you guys with problems post your DVB card and Driver. Im using a Sky Star2 with 4.3 drivers. I had a Twinhan 102G but I gave that away and I was glad I picked up the SkyStar2.

Technazz
Old 05-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using 4 Nexus-S cards rev. 2.3 in hardware mode. Driver version 2.18c
Old 05-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Sage Expert

2x 1020A with a pansat 4x1 on one and hh90 on the other. with no problems.

Note: I'm using the latest WDM drivers and not the poorly writen BDA drivers.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Sorry man, but I havent had any issues at all. I've been running that for a long time with no hiccups.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

how are you able to se the WDM drivers for both?? I have 2 102g's, but only one will accept the regular driver, the second will not be recognized unless I switch it to the bda driver.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Improve MT Stability

Hey I'm hoping I've nabbed this memory leak issue. I unselected 'Use DVBCore Parser' under the EPG tab as Xred sugested for cards 2,3, & 4 and memory useage drops dramatically I left it on Card 1 as well as 'Parse 7 day DISH guide' because I want to use that data later.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hey I'm hoping I've nabbed this memory leak issue. I unselected 'Use DVBCore Parser' under the EPG tab as Xred sugested for cards 2,3, & 4 and memory useage drops dramatically I left it on Card 1 as well as 'Parse 7 day DISH guide' because I want to use that data later.
I'm wondering, is it necessary to have both of those options selected?? Can ou JUST select the parse 7-day dish guide??
Old 05-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone experimented and had any success with DVB-S2 cards with MyTheater?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Has anyone experimented and had any success with DVB-S2 cards with MyTheater?

Not supported in MT yet.. soon I hear though..

Technazz
Old 05-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Was this really able to solve the issue for you?? That is how I am running it, and still get WAAAAY too much memory usage. What version of the program are you running??
Old 05-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Sage User

Channel Change Speed

First I want to thank you for the most amazing plugin ever. I got it to work right off the bat and it was really exciting to see the video come up in Sage. MT is great but the Sage front end is SEXY!

I am using a Digiwave 103g card based with BDA drivers. I am switching 4 birds on MT with no issues and the whole thing worked right off the bat.

I have read this thread from end to end and know this has been asked a million times but I just have to ask again.

I am running the latest releases of Sage and MT as of today and my channel changes take 8 seconds. What should I check? Are there any MT plugins that might slow it down? MT channel changes only take 3 seconds or less.

Also I need a guide that is a combination of 2 providers. Is this possible? I read a couple of posts that seem to suggest that this was possible by using an XMLTV combiner or something? How would it handle duplicate numbers?

By the way, where the heck do you set the buffer in MT?

Thanks!

Last edited by Joshdoe; 05-23-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage User

JoshDoe,

It sounds like you are running SageTV5???? Are you not getting the freezing problem that other are having? Me included

Anyone know what the best version of SageTV is for the MT encoder?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Was this really able to solve the issue for you?? That is how I am running it, and still get WAAAAY too much memory usage. What version of the program are you running??
No I'm afraid not. Deselecting EPG parsing only gains marginal performance. I'm using the latest version of MT. This brings up an interesting point. Is there any DVB-S software out there that supports multiple cards with absolute minimal resource useage? I'd consider TS-Reader but I don't think it supports my card(s).
Old 05-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkb
JoshDoe,

It sounds like you are running SageTV5???? Are you not getting the freezing problem that other are having? Me included

Anyone know what the best version of SageTV is for the MT encoder?
I have lost my system twice and had to rebuild. I didn't really run it very long, just enough to verify it is working. I am concentrating all my efforts on getting MY to work right now.

As soon as the channel list and epg are sorted out I will begin to use it htrough Sage.

From what I understand the EPG must be XMLTV comaptibel right? I want to use MyEPG. IS that the best choice? I absolutelty need the ability to combine 2 providers.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is anyone able to get Sage to pass Dolby Digital through the plugin??

It works fine w/ AC3audio selected in MT on DD channels, but in sage w/ AC3audio selected, it doesn't seem to be working.