SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred
Sorry to contradict, but the Twinhan IR receiver does in fact work with Sage. I use one daily with my Hamony 520. Normally you don't have to install anything, just plug it in and its recognized as a USD HID device. That said, last time I did an install I did have to install the Twinhan driver to get it recognized. Once I did so though it worked like a charm again.

I simply go in to Setup - Detailed Setup -> Commands then map the remote keys to IR / keystroke (top option)

On my latest build I actually cracked the receiver out of its plastic case, routed the cable through the PC and mounted it right in the LCD window of my case.

Im glad you did! Now i can set this up downstairs! Can you use any IR remote to teach?
Or are you limited to the Twinahan remote

I just ASSummed that it didnt work.

Technazz
Old 04-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Im glad you did! Now i can set this up downstairs! Can you use any IR remote to teach?
Or are you limited to the Twinahan remote

I just ASSummed that it didnt work.

Technazz
I am using the Twinhan remote and I don't believe you can use any IR remote with its receiver. I tried my universal but it didn't seem to recognize any commands. What I did do though was to teach my learning remote all the buttons off the twinhan and that works well except I would like a few more buttons. Guess I would need to purchase a USB UIRT for that tho.

Kevin
Old 04-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Sage User

I am presently is 3.33.8 and it is working pretty well, no real issues to report. I noticed though that there are a few newer versions out now, the latest being 3.35.3. Just wondering if anyone has gotten any better performance out of these newer versions. I don't want to bother upgrading if there is no benefit to me.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 04-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ould
I am using the Twinhan remote and I don't believe you can use any IR remote with its receiver. I tried my universal but it didn't seem to recognize any commands. What I did do though was to teach my learning remote all the buttons off the twinhan and that works well except I would like a few more buttons. Guess I would need to purchase a USB UIRT for that tho.

Kevin
Thats exactly right. In my case I "learned" the IR codes for the Twinhan remote by downloading them in to my Harmony remote and assigning the keys. I use my amp to control the volume, so the volume +/- and mute are all IR codes for the receiver.

In the newer releases of Sage, I've noticed that more and more of the commands are "stacked" e.g. channel up / up arrow can be assigned as one IR code / key, which cuts down on the number of buttons you need to use. Also the left / right arrows now also control the volume within Sage, so again these ends up being the exact key assignment on the Twinhan remote.

FYI theres a separate thread somewhere on the Twinhan remote which might be a better place to discuss then this thread.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ould
I am presently is 3.33.8 and it is working pretty well, no real issues to report. I noticed though that there are a few newer versions out now, the latest being 3.35.3. Just wondering if anyone has gotten any better performance out of these newer versions. I don't want to bother upgrading if there is no benefit to me.
I have updated to 3.35 and I haven't had any serious issues, but no visible improvements either. My biggest problem is still finding a way to get Sage w/ Nvidia decoders to survive any kind of stream corruption. It usually makes it through, but if I get bad patch of corruption coming out of MyTheatre, it still goes boom.

I think if we're ever going to see any improvements, it will have to be on the plugin side not the Mytheatre side. That said, I don't think any work is being done on the plugin, although I believe the source code is posted on the community wiki should some future benefactor wish to start it up again.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

What kind of uptime is possible in this configuration?? It seems o me that Mytheatre is not the most stable application.

Last edited by grooves12; 04-23-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
What kinf od uptimeis possible in this configuration?? It seems o me that Mytheatre is not the most stable application.
I run two instances of Mytheatre on a P4 2.4 Ghz with a gig of RAM. It usually rungs for about 2 weeks before I have to go over and reboot, or log it back in etc due to Windows Updates or a crash. I find it remarkably stable given MyTheatres "no guarantees" policy on multi-card configs.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any way to get the Radio channels from Mytheatre to work in Sage??
Old 05-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Sage User

Is anybody using any kind of commercial skipping with this plugin? Now that I have everything pretty much working as well as can be expected I was thinking about trying to set it up but figured I would ask to see if anyone else has tried and had any luck with it.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 05-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

yep...I use SA, and it works fine

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is there any way to get the Radio channels from Mytheatre to work in Sage??
I would like this too. If given some direction I could possibly tweak the sourcecode to make this work.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, mytheatre is outputting the sound... so I think the problem is since the MT plugin isn't outputting any video, Sage just assumes there is "No signal" perhaps if we could somehow pass the audio with a generic video for radio channels Sage would pick it up and show it.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred
I run two instances of Mytheatre on a P4 2.4 Ghz with a gig of RAM. It usually rungs for about 2 weeks before I have to go over and reboot, or log it back in etc due to Windows Updates or a crash. I find it remarkably stable given MyTheatres "no guarantees" policy on multi-card configs.
I WISH I could get anywhere near that... I have two cards, but am currently runnign in single card mode and can't get much more than 24 hours of stability out of MT. What version are you running... and what plugins, epg options, and other apps are you running on the system??
Old 05-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I WISH I could get anywhere near that... I have two cards, but am currently runnign in single card mode and can't get much more than 24 hours of stability out of MT. What version are you running... and what plugins, epg options, and other apps are you running on the system??

I run 1-2 weeks at a time. I just have 2, MTSage plug in and what ever other plugin you need. Remove all of your EPG plugins as they are not needed.

What else are you running in the background besides Sage?

What Version of Sage/MT? Im using Sage 4.1.13 with MT 3.35

What Decoder? Im using NVIDIA

Whats your buffer at for Timeshifing in MT? Mine is a 100MB

Technazz
Old 05-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

2 weeks I wish. I'm running 4 cards and I have to restart at least once a day. Anyone else notice that MT just continuously sucks up more and more memory? I wish Sage would natively support DVB-S. When I ran with PVR-150's I could go more than a month without touching anything.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

im at about 2 weeks at a time w/ 2 cards too

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I run 1-2 weeks at a time. I just have 2, MTSage plug in and what ever other plugin you need. Remove all of your EPG plugins as they are not needed.

What else are you running in the background besides Sage?

What Version of Sage/MT? Im using Sage 4.1.13 with MT 3.35

What Decoder? Im using NVIDIA

Whats your buffer at for Timeshifing in MT? Mine is a 100MB

Technazz
I don't have any EPG plugins... however I do have it set to parse the Dish 7-day epg.

I have the buffer set at 100MB as well.

I doubt the decoders I am using would have much if any effect, as I have video disabled in MT. But right now I am displaying video in Sage with Dscaler5 and audio w/ AC3audio.

I am running Sage v5.0.2 and the latest MT v3.35.3.

As far as other applications, I have LCDSmartie, HIP, and Speedfan running,...aswell as having a nightly batch file run that runs xmltv downloads and the MTEPG to XMLTV exporter.

With the exceptions of the xmltv stuff none of those take up much memory or processor space, and the crashes aren't correlated to the running of the xmltv stuff at all so I am at a loss. Everything else runs rock solid... but MT just continously dies... and it doesn't even leave an error message. I just notice when Sage will no longer tune the channels.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff
2 weeks I wish. I'm running 4 cards and I have to restart at least once a day. Anyone else notice that MT just continuously sucks up more and more memory? I wish Sage would natively support DVB-S. When I ran with PVR-150's I could go more than a month without touching anything.
I notice too that MyTheatre just keeps eating memory. I often find a "your system has run low on virtual memory" message when I come back to my PC after it has been sitting idle. I then need to reboot to get it work smoothly again. Rather annoying to say the least. I too wish Sage would support DVB-s natively but with the need of another important plugin for us in NA I don't see it happening. Maybe a plugin could be created to work with one of the other DVB-s apps which takes less memory/recources than MyTheatre? I remember earlier in this thread someone mentioned another app that they used which was much more reliable and didn't eat as many resources. Just a thought.

Kevin
Old 05-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Heres my memory problem fix

I just restart MT in the middle of the night after EPG update. Every morning at 5:45am without shutting down Sage. Its quick,easy and not very hard to setup. Even with a few gigs of ram MT uses a far bit after 24 hours.

"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /SET /CHID 4999
timeout 120
"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /TOGGLE
timeout 25
"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /TOGGLE

just keep it simple and I never have to touch anything other than the remote.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is that what you have in a batch file that is set to run?? How would that work for a dual MT setup??