SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
EDIT: well what pain in the ass. I have found the problem and once again I reported it to Sage via bug reports. This file (MpegDeMux.ax dated: 12/20/05 140kb) is the problem for the end of the show bug. this one file is caused all the headaches (for me) I have now install version 4.14 and replace that one file to version 4.0 (MpegDeMux.ax dated 11/1/2005 120kb) and works correctly. The only problem is no AC3.....

The more people that can comfirm this and report it, the faster Sagetv can fix this issue.

I'd like to try this but don't know where I can get version 4 from. Could anyone point me in the right direction.

EDIT: Okay, got a version 4 setup. In case anyone wants to try it, heres the 120kb MpegDeMux.ax from version 4.0.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MpegDeMux.zip (53.1 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 01-15-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
were you able to cause the lockup at the end of program ?

I also tested the files in the new beta version 4.15 and it appears they made changes to a few files in the common folder and to MpegDemux, but the changes didn't correct the End of show bug.

go figure, let hope for the next release.

Last edited by Motofreak75; 01-15-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdan
I have video now showing up in Sage but no audio. Mytheatre audio works with no problem. I am using regular audio from my soundcard using codec from intervideo in mytheatre.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dan
I normally use a simple Zoomplayer setup with my current SageTV Video/Audio codecs to validate whether the problems are with SageTV or MT. Can you validate that your recordings from both within native MT and SageTV via the plugin will play correctly under a similar external setup? One other thing to check is that your MT Channel setup is not using the AC3 soundtrack present in some TS by default.

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 01-16-2006 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Sage User

Thanks Peter. My problem was that I changed the audio codec in Sage without restarting. Once I restarted, everything was fine.

Thanks for spending the time to make this great plugin!!

Dan
Old 01-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
I'd like to try this but don't know where I can get version 4 from. Could anyone point me in the right direction.

EDIT: Okay, got a version 4 setup. In case anyone wants to try it, heres the 120kb MpegDeMux.ax from version 4.0.
Just a quick note to say I have confirmed this under my setup as well. Anyone tried 4.15 yet to see if it is fixed?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Expert

As it stand right now , I'm working with a Sage right now and we are testing out solutions, so I hope very soon something will be out to fix the issue.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

MyTheatre 3.33.5 Issues & Native DVB-T Support in SageTV

FYI - There are currently some recording issues with MT 3.33.5 in regard to high CPU Usage, HD channel or poor quality (dropped frames) recordings. The previous version, MT 3.33.3 does not exhibit these issues. Saar is planning to release a new version soon that address these plus several other issues.

Also, with the latest SageTV beta ( 4.1.5 ), native DVB-T support has been implemented . See the post at http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15580 I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet but plan to do so shortly. I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers

Peter
Old 01-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb
FYI - There are currently some recording issues with MT 3.33.5 in regard to high CPU Usage, HD channel or poor quality (dropped frames) recordings. The previous version, MT 3.33.3 does not exhibit these issues. Saar is planning to release a new version soon that address these plus several other issues.

Also, with the latest SageTV beta ( 4.1.5 ), native DVB-T support has been implemented . See the post at http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15580 I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet but plan to do so shortly. I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers

Peter

Is this a sign that DVB-S will be implemented?

Does anybody know where you can download old versions of MT? I have 3.33.5 Ive had some issues but I though they were releated to one of my 'Plugins' (VPLUG/S2EMU).

Thanks

technazz
Old 01-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Is this a sign that DVB-S will be implemented?

Does anybody know where you can download old versions of MT? I have 3.33.5 Ive had some issues but I though they were releated to one of my 'Plugins' (VPLUG/S2EMU).

Thanks

technazz

http://files.mytheatre-support.com/M....33.3.lite.exe

without the drivers/junk etc..

I dont think they'll support DVB-S, there is just way too many options to add in, you know Usals, DiseqC, LNBs and rotor control, let alone "Other" plugin support
Old 01-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I dont think they'll support DVB-S, there is just way too many options to add in, you know Usals, DiseqC, LNBs and rotor control, let alone "Other" plugin support

Your right... thanks for the link. I cant stand MT, I mean if works ok but very unstable.

Technazz
Old 01-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

The biggest problem as I understand it for DVB-S users is that there is no support from Microsoft in the BDA API for CAM or CI usage. The products that do support it appear to have Hybrid drivers that implement both a BDA spec and the required interfaces. Only problem with this approach is that it makes it difficult for 3rd party software developers to implement if the H/W vendors don't provide an appropriate SDK.

On the native DVB-T support in the latest beta, I've had no luck at all getting it to work with any of my devices. I suspect that even though bandwidth is an option in the frq file at the moment, that it is hard coded to 8 mhz for Europe rather than the 7 Mhz used here in Oz.. I can successfully scan channels via ScanChannelsBDA and watch them via MyTheatre using the identical BDA drivers, so the driver setup is not the cause.

Cheers

Peter
Old 01-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage User

Exclamation MT Channel Change

Thanks for this plugin, once I get it working, it should be great.

I have been playing around with this thing for a while and today I finally have video (and audio) working on Sage box from MyTheatre. My only problem now is I cannot change channels. If I do, I get "No Signal" on the new channel. I can return to the prevous channel and the video works fine. MyTheatre does not seem to respond to the channel change request from Sage.

Do you have any ideas on what I can try/change to fix this last issue?

Thanks

Jim C.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Sage Expert

I'd suggest create some trace logs by the peters plugin, select all of them and post the errors or before posting them, see if the errors has been posted in the past 11 pages.

Because if you follow the instructions correctly, then you should be watching tv without any issues created by this plugin. So far, this plugin seems bullet proof and works as advertised. its too bad other software isnt upto par.

if you cant find out whats going in the logs, then post them and well help you.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Sage User

Thumbs down So sorry to bother you

Maybe I'm too stupid to figure this out, but I find 11 pages of intermittent conversation on different issues in different versions of this plugin very hard to follow. I have read through this monster post several times and I have found bits and pieces of information, many things I have tried and most have worked to get me to a point were I now have something that resembles a working DVB setup.

I am so sorry to have bothered to ask for some knowledge from people that understand this thing.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by callender
Maybe I'm too stupid to figure this out, but I find 11 pages of intermittent conversation on different issues in different versions of this plugin very hard to follow. I have read through this monster post several times and I have found bits and pieces of information, many things I have tried and most have worked to get me to a point were I now have something that resembles a working DVB setup.

I am so sorry to have bothered to ask for some knowledge from people that understand this thing.

If you look on Post number one in this thread there is CLEAR intructions on how to use this plug in.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I'm sorry its my fault, you didnt understand " if you cant find out whats going in the logs, then post them and well help you."

Man do you really want me to comment about your post ?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:11 PM

102G Twin Han Not viewable in sage

I have read through the posts and I can't determine why I am unable to view the MyTheatre Plugin as a source option in SageTV.

I have a Twinhan 102g, which Mytheatre works fine with.

I have made the changes as outline in the PDF guide.

Any other suggestions as to why I may not beable to see my DVB-S card?

Thanks,
sudo
Old 01-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage User

Lightbulb So sorry to bother you

Don't worry, I figured out my problem.

If anyone else has a channel change problem, for your own sake do not bother to ask here. If you need some help, you can PM me and I will tell you what worked for me.

Thanks for the wonderful plug-in Peter. Where is that paypal donation button?

Jim C.

p.s. Sudo, I have the same setup as you.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Enough!!!

It is essential that if you have problems with the plugin that you turn on the relevant trace options and then post your logs with a description of the problem. Without these it is virtually impossible to determine what may or may not be wrong with your rig, your DVB card, your MT setup, your SageTV setup, etc..

Also, if you do have a problem that you manage to rectify that isn't addressed by the current documentation, I'd appreciate it if you would openly share it. That way I can include it in any documentation updates for everyone's future use.

Cheers

Peter
Old 01-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Uh, I recall answering the channel change issue in this thread long ago...

I.

Quote:
Don't worry, I figured out my problem.

If anyone else has a channel change problem, for your own sake do not bother to ask here. If you need some help, you can PM me and I will tell you what worked for me.

Thanks for the wonderful plug-in Peter. Where is that paypal donation button?

Jim C.

p.s. Sudo, I have the same setup as you.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.