SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:31 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to vuego
Ben, thats how MT trial works. After one hour of use the window and systray icon disappears but it's still runing. You have to kill the process and start up MT again.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

FYI - I've raised a bug report with SageTV Support over the 'freezing' issue. I can also confirm Technazz's advice that rolling back to SageTV 4.0 resolves this issue. So unfortunately, I'd recommend with running with SageTV 4.0 for the moment.

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
thats good and all, but the AC3 bug is pain in the ass. I love your plugin and the PVR/sat thing but there is way too many problems in Sage....

btw: with the beta version 4.1** whatever (when it doesnt crash) I can get 3 second channel changes with your plugin.

Last edited by Motofreak75; 12-31-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
thats good and all, but the AC3 bug is pain in the ass. I love your plugin and the PVR/sat thing but there is way too many problems in Sage....

btw: with the beta version 4.1** whatever (when it doesnt crash) I can get 3 second channel changes with your plugin.
Really..?? Nice.. what was you channel change time before 4.1x?

I Dont really uses AC3 with this source now. It will become an issue when I start recording HDTV off my new DVB-S card. I Need it to run smoothly within MT before getting WAF

technazz
Old 01-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tend to think that with the 4.x series, SageTV has lost some of it's previous robustness and reliability - which is a shame. I think the commercial pressure to get their US HDTV support out the door has resulted in these type of quality issues becoming a bit more prevelant.

I've been contacted by the SageTV about the AC3 issue and have given my feedback. It's not so much of an issue for me at this time, as the TV stations don't think we deserve too much HD content. Apparently it's ok to just play endless upscaled demo loops on your HD streams. Until there is a fix, I'm resolved to simply remove them from my channel lineups.

Having said all that it is good to hear of any improvement in channel change times for the DVB-S people.

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 01-01-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've been using your plugin for while now with great results. In fact, if it wasn't for your work I wouldn't be using sage at all . Everything's been going fine until, you guessed it, I upgraded to 4.14 . Now I'm getting problems where sometimes channel changes won't work.

The logs show this:
Code:
02/01/2006 19:36:47 SageTV - GET_FILE_SIZE
02/01/2006 19:36:47 SageTV - SWITCH
02/01/2006 19:36:47 Channel change request - SageTV Channel No : 5 MyTheatre Channel No. :5 Channel ID :29 Channel Name : five
02/01/2006 19:36:47 Debug - WM_CHANGE_CHANNEL Processed
02/01/2006 19:36:47 SageTV - GET_FILE_SIZE
02/01/2006 19:36:48 SageTV - NOOP
02/01/2006 19:36:48 SageTV - NOOP
02/01/2006 19:36:48 SageTV - GET_FILE_SIZE
and then continue the GET_FILE_SIZE calls. If i try switching channels again and then come back to the same channel it will work fine. Unfortunately I can't switch back to >= 4.0.0 as I'm already hooked on using an MVP as my main client.

If it's helpfull I'll attach my logs in case they shed any light although I realise the problem probably lies with Sage - hopefully the latest incarnation of Sage will firm up soon.

EDIT: FIXED

1) Following the advice in this thread i changed my sage.properties so that
seeker/fast_mux_switch=false
2) Upgraded to latest version of my theatre.
3) Used the plugin dll posted here.

Channel changes working perfectly now.

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 01-02-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Sage User

How do I get sagetv to recognize dvb-s

Hi,

I'm new to SageTV. I have mytheatre with a dvb-s card. I want to use the plugin to get it to work with sage. When I go thru the setup wizard, I get ,"No video capture devices were found". Do I need to have another tuner card installed to get this to work? Do I need to place my channels.mdb from mytheatre into a sage folder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdan
Hi,

I'm new to SageTV. I have mytheatre with a dvb-s card. I want to use the plugin to get it to work with sage. When I go thru the setup wizard, I get ,"No video capture devices were found". Do I need to have another tuner card installed to get this to work? Do I need to place my channels.mdb from mytheatre into a sage folder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan
You'll have to read this entire thread. Looks like you havent added the Network Encode to your sage.properties file. There are good instructions in the installtion file PDF when you unzip into your Plugins Directory I think the SageTV dir.

technazz

Last edited by technazz; 01-10-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.0.0 of the Plugin is available - See first post in thread for the Change Log, Documentation and Plugin Update

Cheers

Peter
Old 01-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb
Version 1.0.0 of the Plugin is available - See first post in thread for the Change Log, Documentation and Plugin Update

Cheers

Peter
Is that Changelog just for 1.0.0? If not what has changes since the previous version..

Just wondering if I should upgrade the plugin or not.

technazz
Old 01-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Sage Expert

thanks for releasing this plugin, this seems to fix the end of show bug that Sage changed (without tell anyone) in 4.1X from V4.0.

Right now its switching channels with no problem. (3 sec to switch on HD birds and 6 sec for some more regular birds) But the only thing I noticed is that when the livetv show ends and the next program starts (on the same channel), there seems to be a bit of a buffer about 20 seconds in length added to the next show. but thats all I can come up within about 30 minutes of testings. but I"ll test more in a few hours.

thanks for your hard work

Scott

Sage 4.13
MT 3.35
Twinhan 1020 with hh90 motor
and lots of FTA channels

edit: everything working great of after a few more show changes, I dont know why I got the 20 sec buffer at first and its not happening now. other then that, I only get a half sec pause sometimes, but I'm going to go out on the limb here and say its perfect, dont touch it.

Last edited by Motofreak75; 01-12-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Sorry - still new to SageTV and trying to make the plugin work for me. I've followed the instructions on how to setup MyTheatre and SageTV, including adding the encoders to the sage.properties file.

I've set up favorites in MyTheatre and called it SageTV. However, when I try to select any channels (through the sage epg) I get this,
"Error (-10) No encoders can tune the selected station".

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdan
"Error (-10) No encoders can tune the selected station".
Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?
Have you mapped the channel numbers for your lineup in Sage to the channel numbers from MyTheatre?
Did you select the tuner as named in sage.properties, e.g. "MyTheatre" etc.? If your DVB card appears itself, don't select that one, it won't work.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

The change log is for all changes made after the initial release ( 0.9.5 ) in the original post. I'd received some complaints that the various plugin versions and what was contained within them was interspersed throughout the thread and it was hard to find. Hence the consolidation, but apparently I still can't make everyone happy

I would recommend that you upgrade to this version as all the code changes in the various versions since 0.9.5 have been reworked into Version 1.0.0. The code base had become a bit of a mess, and as I am going to make the source available, I reworked and tweaked the various bits and pieces.

I have seen the issue with the buffer overlap myself and it seems to occur when SageTV asks the plugin to reuse an existing capture file. The initial GET_FILE_SIZE request will return the current File Size , whereas subsequent GET_FILE_SIZE requests will return the file size after the plugin has deleted the existing file and started capturing new data to it. I'm looking for a way to avoid this and I'll post an update when I can.

Cheers

Peter
Old 01-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I have seen the issue with the buffer overlap myself and it seems to occur when SageTV asks the plugin to reuse an existing capture file. The initial GET_FILE_SIZE request will return the current File Size , whereas subsequent GET_FILE_SIZE requests will return the file size after the plugin has deleted the existing file and started capturing new data to it. I'm looking for a way to avoid this and I'll post an update when I can.

Cheers

Peter
thanks Pete

I just got home & noticed end of show bug...... it was working great until tonight, when I turned on my client then both the client and the server started to lockup for 3 minutes at the end of each show.

Scott
Old 01-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The change log is for all changes made after the initial release ( 0.9.5 ) in the original post. I'd received some complaints that the various plugin versions and what was contained within them was interspersed throughout the thread and it was hard to find. Hence the consolidation, but apparently I still can't make everyone happy

I would recommend that you upgrade to this version as all the code changes in the various versions since 0.9.5 have been reworked into Version 1.0.0. The code base had become a bit of a mess, and as I am going to make the source available, I reworked and tweaked the various bits and pieces.

Cheers

Peter
The changes in you first post clear everything up! I just think its nice to see the changelog for each version. I think you comment was directed at me

I too saw the end of show bug and I rolled back to version 4.0 and the end of show bug is gone.

Thanks Peter!

technazz
Old 01-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
The changes in you first post clear everything up! I just think its nice to see the changelog for each version. I think you comment was directed at me

I too saw the end of show bug and I rolled back to version 4.0 and the end of show bug is gone.

Thanks Peter!

technazz

I tried to go back to 4.0 but I found it would lockup aor freeze without warning or even clciking on watch now buttom, I just cant handle it locking up like that. what did you do to version 4.0 to so its useable ?

Scott
Old 01-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
I tried to go back to 4.0 but I found it would lockup aor freeze without warning or even clciking on watch now buttom, I just cant handle it locking up like that. what did you do to version 4.0 to so its useable ?

Scott

I just intalled 4.0 overtop of 4.14 and everything worked fine..

technazz
Old 01-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Sage User

No audio

I have video now showing up in Sage but no audio. Mytheatre audio works with no problem. I am using regular audio from my soundcard using codec from intervideo in mytheatre.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dan
Old 01-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I just intalled 4.0 overtop of 4.14 and everything worked fine..

technazz

EDIT: well what pain in the ass. I have found the problem and once again I reported it to Sage via bug reports. This file (MpegDeMux.ax dated: 12/20/05 140kb) is the problem for the end of the show bug. this one file is caused all the headaches (for me) I have now install version 4.14 and replace that one file to version 4.0 (MpegDeMux.ax dated 11/1/2005 120kb) and works correctly. The only problem is no AC3.....

The more people that can comfirm this and report it, the faster Sagetv can fix this issue.

Last edited by Motofreak75; 01-14-2006 at 11:24 PM.