SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo
And the other thing missing is a sleep command in the menu! (with or without the "Unofficial Secret Extra V3 UI Features")
Sleep is still there, it's just off the screen. You can still select it.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV Recordings Menu

I upgraded a Server and Client from 2.x to 3.07. I've installed the newest Malore3.07.stv and set it as my application package.

My Custom Menus section is working perfectly, I can hit [ and flip though them fine. Comskip is all working fine - so I know I have Malore installed.

My SageTV Recordings section from the main menu is still just like the original Sage, and I can't figure out how to make it in the cool Malore format. Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 08-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeman
My SageTV Recordings section from the main menu is still just like the original Sage, and I can't figure out how to make it in the cool Malore format. Am I missing something really obvious?
My guess is that now that this is based on the v3.0.7 STV, you'll have to enable the unofficial extras.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Andy,

That worked fine. I guess I'm a little confused as to what STV has control of what. I'm new today to 3.07.

Now I'm off to get MYHD130 to record shows to my Sage import directory

Thanks for the response,

The Other Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
My guess is that now that this is based on the v3.0.7 STV, you'll have to enable the unofficial extras.

- Andy
Old 08-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage recordings doesn't disappear

I have been using marore's STV since v.2 and and glad to see the new version for v.3.

I have noticed however that whenever I go to watch a show from the Sage Recordings page that the show starts to play but the Sage Recordings menu is still overlayed over the video. Hitting Back/Exit and my remote usually gets rid of it. Does this happen to anyone else? I guess what I really should do is go back to the SageTv3 STV and see if it happens there too.

I have also had the auto com skip feature not work periodically like others have mentioned.

Overall though I am liking the malore/SageTV3 combination very well especially since it is still in Beta!

Last edited by pvrpenguin; 08-25-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

I'm going to give marore's STV a try
Old 08-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Sage User

Quick question on comskip functionallity. Which process actually kicks of the comskip process? Is it the service or the frontend? Thanks.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Sage User

I don't see the disk usage numbers at the top of my menu...do I have to enable this somewhere?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 09-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Sage Icon

detailed setup
Old 09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrpenguin
I have noticed however that whenever I go to watch a show from the Sage Recordings page that the show starts to play but the Sage Recordings menu is still overlayed over the video. Hitting Back/Exit and my remote usually gets rid of it. Does this happen to anyone else? I guess what I really should do is go back to the SageTv3 STV and see if it happens there too.
are you using the "multifunction stop" plugin ?
I had that problem in whenever i used that plugin - regardless of which STV i used.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whobday
Quick question on comskip functionallity. Which process actually kicks of the comskip process? Is it the service or the frontend? Thanks.
I missed seeing this post ealier, but the comskip processing is part of the STV and it is my understanding that the service doesn't load an STV at all so most likely you would have to have the frontend running to get the comskip autoprocessing to run. Personally, my SageTV is stable enough that I don't run it as a service. I you don't want the frontend running you could use Jere_Jone's DirMon app.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy
detailed setup
Sorry, I must be blind... I've looked through all detailed setup options and can't see anything about the disk usage feature. Where exactly in detailed setup was it?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 09-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

If you haven't already read this post on how to enable the Unofficial Secret Extra V3 UI Features.

Then go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize. You should find the options for the "Unsupported Extras" by scrolling to the end.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
If you haven't already read this post on how to enable the Unofficial Secret Extra V3 UI Features.

Then go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize. You should find the options for the "Unsupported Extras" by scrolling to the end.
(light bulb goes off...) Now I see my confusion...I had read the "extra features" stuff when it was first posted but assumed it only applied to the original V3 STV, not to your STV. Thanks for straightening me out .

Kevin
Old 09-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I found a small bug. Clicking on "Custom Menus" and then going back via keyboard or mouse (and probably remote) brings you to "Schedule Recordings" instead of back to the Main Menu. Or do I have something setup wrong?
Old 09-10-2005, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, this happened to me too. I didn't post about this because I figured this was easily reproducable.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Administrator

This is probably a side effect of that menu being located in the Schedule Recordings menu in the default STV & then being moved to the Main Menu here. Using the Back command should still work. (Left is not the same as Back, as Left is often hard-coded to a parent menu while Back goes to the previous menu.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a few suggestions for this STV that would make Sage simpler to use, more consistant, and better at recording "series". For me, the logical way to view a series is by title and episode ID. That way I know exactly the order to watch the recordings in, regardless or the date it was recorded. Malore's two-pane Sage Recordings is awesome in this regard, however the original STV still gets in the way.

Currently, there are so many ways to view history and future airings that it gets confusing. For example, clicking on "History" from the Detailed info of a show brings me to a different (more limited) screen then clicking on Malore's "Viewing History". Same problem with Sage's "Additional Airings" vs. Malore's "Custom Menu" guides.

Sage's "Additional Airings" and the new "History" option of version 3 sort by date recorded only. Malore, can you make the History menu link to your Viewing History and filter by the current show title?

"Additional Airings" could be linked to a guide on the Custom Menus (I have one titled "Guide by Title") and filtered to the current title as well. Then we would have the option to sort that by ShowID as well. The "Additional Airings" link in the Favorites menu should do this as well.

I could care less about the date a show was recorded. The point of having a PVR is that it doesn't matter when a show airs. I am currently trying to back fill many episodes that I have missed, so the logical way to see what episodes I missed is by ShowID! It's nice to look at history and see I need episodes 52-56 of Third Watch and then go to future airings and see what episodes are re-running now. If it says episode 43, 44, and 45, I know my missing episodes are coming up soon.

The first step was Malore style "Archived Recordings" (love it). Making these additional changes will truly integrate Malore's style throughout SageTV. Of course, with Malore's menus, all of these listings could be sorted by whatever criteria preferred, not just ShowID.

P.S. I found that some new recordings aren't showing up in Malore's Viewing History. I've tried restarting SageTV and turned off all the filters. Does it take a day or two to refresh?
Old 09-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Sage User

Can you only use this with 3.0.x and not with 2.2.x?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Administrator

v3 STVs will not work with v2 SageTV.

- Andy