SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Administrator

snoopy: malore's STV is not an import, nor was it created via nielm's import; it is a stand-alone STV created by malore. And, just in case it needs to be said: you shouldn't be importing nielm's malore menus import into this STV because it already contains malore's menus... since he is the one who created those menus in the first place.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Sage Expert

Actually YES... Malore's STV is stand-alone. However, an earlier version (still 3.0 interestingly enough) of 'part of it', the custom guide/menu part, is one of Neilm's plug-ins.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 08-05-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
you shouldn't be importing nielm's malore menus import into this STV because it already contains malore's menus... since he is the one who created those menus in the first place. -Andy
PS... perhaps not as well stated, that was sort of my point.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Actually YES... Malore's STV is stand-alone. However, an earlier version (still 3.0 interestingly enough) of 'part of it', the custom guide/menu part, is one of Neilm's plug-ins.
The Dynamic Customizable Menus is the import Tom is referring to. The Custom Menus with the customizable guides, recording schedule, upcoming movies, etc., all came from malore's STV from way back. They are all part of malore's menus in this STV and are also in nielm's import that adds malore's menus, not the dynamic menus.

I'm fairly sure Tom is aware of all that, since he was referring to importing the dynamic menu system as the only modification he had made to the base STV he downloaded here.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErsatzTom
I'm not having any luck with grouping by star rating. It comes back saying "No Shows" and the groups (which are whatever they were before I selected star rating) are greyed out. All of the movies show stars after the title and movie year. The only way I changed your STV was to import dynamic menus. Any ideas?

EDIT: It works in the "Upcoming Movies" guide but not in the Guide* guides even if I filter it to only be movies. Grouping by movie year and rating does work in those guides, though.

t
Yeap, it wasn't working, but it didn't take much to fix it. I've updated the first post with a new download.

Nothing else was changed, so no need to download unless you plan on sorting the guides by Star Rating.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
Yeap, it wasn't working, but it didn't take much to fix it. I've updated the first post with a new download.
Thanks! I'll upgrade after we're done with TV for the night.

t
Old 08-18-2005, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure where to ask these questions, but I have two questions regarding Malore's custom menus that come with the latest SageTV 3.0.7

1) There seems to be a video memory limit which doesn't like too many characters, information, graphics on the same screen (ie, small font, more rows in "Upcoming Movies"). I get the dreaded garbled text, triangles, colors. How can I increase this limitation?

2) I have more movie channels that can fit in the "Movie Channels" field. Is there a config file I can edit and manually add these entries?

Thanks!
-Michael
Old 08-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Administrator

1) It is known to happen sometimes with 3D Acceleration turned on. I've rarely seen it, so I don't know if it is a video card driver issue or what.

2) Check the movie_channels property.

- Andy
Old 08-18-2005, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks again Andy. I guess it wont help to change any of those memory settings in SageClient.properties? It's definately a limitation allocated video memory.

BTW: I've spent a good portion of my day trying to figure out how to move/copy the "Upcoming Movies" menu item to the main menu. The closest I got was importing the dynamic menu stvi and selecting either "Malore multimenu" or "Malore custom menu"; neither of which are the correct one. Is there a config file I can edit which I can manually copy "Upcoming Movies" to another location?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I guess it wont help to change any of those memory settings in SageClient.properties?
Don't know; never tried it. Let us know if you happen to play with any of it and it works.

Quote:
BTW: I've spent a good portion of my day trying to figure out how to move/copy the "Upcoming Movies" menu item to the main menu. The closest I got was importing the dynamic menu stvi and selecting either "Malore multimenu" or "Malore custom menu"; neither of which are the correct one. Is there a config file I can edit which I can manually copy "Upcoming Movies" to another location?
If you mean the version of malore's menus built into the default STV as one of the secret extras, then there are no direct links to the submenus listed on the "Custom Menu" yet. Maybe there will be in a future update.

If you mean some other version of malore's menus, then I don't know.

- Andy
Old 08-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had Malore's stv running on v2.8 and it worked great... aside from some lock up issues on end of file (which I think are due to comskip, but haven't been able to completely nail it).

Anyway, I upgraded to v3 and the new Malore stv, and now the automatic commercial skip doesn't seem to work. The commercials are marked, but nothing happens when the recording gets to the break. What settings can I check to make sure it should be automatically skipping the commercials?
Old 08-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

You enable it on the options menu of the media player. The last item should read "Com. Auto Skip: Enabled"
Old 08-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, it's set to 'enabled'... yet it does nothing when it reaches the marked portion of the show. Is there anything else?
Old 08-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangriotis
Yes, it's set to 'enabled'... yet it does nothing when it reaches the marked portion of the show. Is there anything else?
had the same prob.
disabled auto skip...re-enabled it...voila!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Is comskip only meant for analog recordings or does it work with ATSC recordings as well? How much extra CPU load does it take with comskip on?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

comskip is built using the mpeg2dec program which is part of libmpeg2. The docs for mpeg2dec say "It decodes mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 video streams, and also includes a demultiplexer for mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 program streams." Since ATSC employs MPEG-2 it might work. I believe someone mentioned comskip working on a HDTV recording in the comskip beta thread.

Comskip processes my SDTV shows at approximately 300fps (10x realtime) on my P4 2.4Ghz system.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Updated August 20:
Rebuilt using the V3.07 default STV file. It may be necessary to enable the secret hidden xtras to get everything working.

So the difference between this and the default STV is comskip playback, comskip background processing, .smi closed captioning support, and my text diskspace indicator.

Download malore3.07.zip

Last edited by malore; 08-20-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
had the same prob.
disabled auto skip...re-enabled it...voila!
I thought I tried that on a couple of files and it didn't seem to work... but now it's working flawlessly. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

I finally upgraded to 3.0.7 from 3.0.5 where everything was working. When I enable the "Unofficial Secret Extra V3 UI Features" now my Malore STV doesn't quite work. I am unable to watch anything previously recorded. I can get to the recordings menu and I can browse though them, but that is as far as it goes. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 08-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

And the other thing missing is a sleep command in the menu! (with or without the "Unofficial Secret Extra V3 UI Features")