SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi

I'm not sure if the HVR3000 works with sage, but your problem may be related to sage not naming the .lnb file correctly.

Download the latest beta from http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34098. The lnb file name and content changed after version 6.3.10.

For the latest beta the lnb file (I think) should be called Hauppauge-WinTV-88x-TS-Capture-0.lnb.
the content should something like this

#LNB setup for Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture<DVB-S>
sat_no:0
sat_name:"OPTUS D1 (160.0 E)"
LNB=10750-10750-10750 pos:None opt:None

make sure you close sage completely and stop the sage service if your running that mode before editing or renaming the lnb file to Hauppauge-WinTV-88x-TS-Capture-0.lnb file.

you may also need to created the following registry edit (open notepad and paste in)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture]
"CaptureMask"=dword:00000800
"ChipsetMask"=dword:00000010
"hybrid"="Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture"
"Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture"="DVB-S"

save it as hvr3000.reg - then double click to install.
Reboot you pc to be sure.

When you login to sagetv the next time remove your source and then re-add and select the option with <DVB-S> at the end. You should then be able to scan for channels.

Hope this help

Last edited by zzmystique; 07-11-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the response zzmystique.

How would one go about finding out if the HVR3000 is supported or not?

Re your suggestions, I just downloaded and installed the beta release 6.4.5 (was running 6.3.10). I cant however find the Hauppauge-WinTV-88x-TS-Capture-0.lnb. file anywhere? Where should this be located? Program files\Sagetv\sagetv? I cant seem to find it to check its contents.

I also think i would need to change the figures slightly from your suggestion one i do find thar lnb file in sagetv, as in winTV here are my LNB settings:

low = 11300000 khz
high = 11300000 khz
switch = 0

I am tuned to optus D1 (160oe)

So if anyone can help me find the file that specifies the lnb settings that would be great!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

You create the lnb file as part of the video source setup. Not in front of a machine so can't give details at the moment. Make sure you select "Done" after doing the satellite source setup.

John
Old 07-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Sage User

I have run through the entire setup wizard again just now and it still has not created any lnb file that i can find.

Here are the relevant steps i go through and options i am selecting when setting up:

1) Source setup wizzard -> add source.
2) I have th following options to chose from:

Hauppage WinTV 88x video capture
Hauppage WinTV 88x video capture #2
Hauppage WinTV 88x TS capture
Hauppage WinTV 88x TS capture #2

I select Hauppage WinTV 88x TS capture

3) Select "digital TV tuner" - It says "waiting for preview" but never seems to get anywhere. So i select "Device input to use: Digital TV tuner"

4) Use tuner to tune Antenna / broadcast (altho i have also tried the cable option without sucess either)

5) Do not use EPG with this source

6) "Scan for channels now" at which point it scans for like 1/2 a second then comes up with:
Chanels found: 0
Testing chanel 0

7) Done with all channels
8) FInish source setup
9) test video playback (at which point i get a black screen)
10) is video playback using the advanced setting working properly? -> no
11) Continue wioth current settings and confirm

Then its done. It just seems odd to me that you cant manually set the lnb and satellite settings manuall within the sagetv software? And i cant see any lnb file that is being created either?

Anyone make any sense of this?

AL
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

AL, you need the registry change that zzmystique posted. I've included it in this zip file.

Unzip both files from HVR3000.zip to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
The file PredefinedDVBT.frq should overwrite the existing file.
Double click on the file HVR-3000.reg to install the registry changes

Restart Sage and you should have a new Video Source (Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture<DVB-S>) which will have the option of setting up a DVB-S provider. Make sure you use the Done button to save the LNB setup when you leave the DVB-S provider screen.

The Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture source that you have currently is for DVB-T. The included PredefinedDVBT.frq has all the transmitters in NZ in it and you should be able to select a DVB-T Region in the source setup for that.

Don't worry about the waiting for preview, as you can't get a preview until you have done the setup of the DVB-S provider or DVB-T Region and done a scan.

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip HVR-3000.zip (7.9 KB, 407 views)
Old 07-15-2008, 02:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
1)
low = 11300000 khz
high = 11300000 khz
switch = 0

Hauppage WinTV 88x video capture
Hauppage WinTV 88x video capture #2
Hauppage WinTV 88x TS capture
Hauppage WinTV 88x TS capture #2
Your lnb settings will depend on your lnb type - Sky installed my dish about 18 months ago so I have the new type.

If sage is not creating the lnb file - you can just create one yourself, using the name in my previous post. (Use notepad to create it.) Copy it to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv. make sure it has not got a txt file extension. If you can't see file extensions - you will need to open explorer - tools - options - view tab - untick hide extensions of known file types.

It won't work without the registry edit, so download the one JREKiwi uploaded.

Do you have more than one HVR3000 installed?
Hauppauge have updated the drivers so you may want to download the latest version (from the uk hauppauge site http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/cd/WinTVCD%204_6b.exe)

SAGETV is worth it once you get over initial hurdles.

Last edited by zzmystique; 07-15-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Sage User

Thanks for your help so far guys - i would be lost without it!

Ok - ive run the reg file and replaced the PredefinedDVBT.frq file in sagetv\sagetv.

Now i can select the dvb-S source in sage TV. This now creates the lnb file, which i have edited. Contents of that file are now:

#LNB setup for Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture<DVB-S>
sat_no:0
sat_name:"OPTUS D1 (160.0 E)"
LNB=11300-11300-11300 pos:None opt:None

There are actually 2 of these files, as I have 2 HVR-3000 cards (the aim being i can record 2 channels at once or watch one and record another).

Now ive managed to sucessfully add the source, but when i scan for channels I still get none.

One thing that i was unsure of was was where i select teh DVB-S provider. From the list i am selecting Optus D1 (160.0 E) and then i get a screen prompting for DiSEqC settings for optus D1. There are 5 boxes:

LOF1
LOF2
LOF SW
TOS1
TOS2

I have tried both leaving these all as "not definied" and also tried the values 11300 in LOF1 and LOF2. Im not 100% what i should be entering here?

After doing this I try scanning for channels and it still finds none.

Re the Hauppage drivers, yes I have already updated to the latest from the hauppage website (version 4.6b as per the link in your previous post zzmystique). Thanks for the thought though :-)

Any suggestions on what the DiSEqC settings should be? I note in WINTV i have the "DiSEqC support" set to "no" (and winTV does allow me to get all freeview channels).

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

LOF1 = Lo MHz = 11300
LOF2 = High MHz = 11300
LOF SW = Switch = 0 (if that's what works in WinTV)
TOS1 = None
TOS2 = None

Set those and select Done at the Top of the panel

John
Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Sage User

Hi John.

As stated in my previous post I have indeed tried:

LOF1 = 11300
LOF2 = 11300

and that still doesnt pick up any chanels when scanning. I cant set LOF SW to 0 either, as it will only accept numbers in the range 3700 to 40000.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Sage Icon

AL, try 11300 in the LOF SW

Also enable debug logging in Sage.properties (SageTV needs to be shutdown and TRUE is case sensitive)
debug_logging=TRUE

this will create a file sagetv_0.txt

Also create an empty file called NATIVE_LOG.ENABLE in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV and all the DVB activity will log to a file called native.log. Then start Sage. You'll be able to see what values Sage is trying to use for your LNB settings.

John
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Sage User

Hi John.

Ive just done as you instructed - the log file is attached to this message. Let me know if anything jumps out at you!

AL
Attached Files
File Type: txt Native_log.txt (5.8 KB, 468 views)
Old 07-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Let me know if anything jumps out at you!
AL, there's no value for TOS1 or TOS2. Try this lnb file.

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hauppauge-WinTV-88x-TS-Capture-0.zip (291 Bytes, 385 views)
Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Sage User

Ive just tried again with your new lnb file with TOS1 and TOS2 (what are these refering to anyhow?) set as various combinations of "A" and "B" - nut still no chanels. log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Native_log.txt (30.8 KB, 392 views)
Old 07-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

AL - if you have 2 x hvr3000 - you will need 2 files - named 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture-0.lnb' and 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture-1.lnb'.

I've been looking at your log files, "Can't open 'Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture-0-DVB-S.scn' to load scan data for tuner"

What OS are you running? check the permissions on the sagetv directory and the 'WinTV 88x TS Capture-0.lnb' is not read only.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Sage Icon

TOS1 =pos which should be set to None
TOS2 =opt which should be set to None

They used for satellite switching, which you don't want.

John
Old 07-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage User

Yes I do have two cards, but thought i would just try and get it going with one for starters - hence why i deleted the other lnb file i created earlier and now only have: Hauppauge-WinTV-88x-TS-Capture-0.lnb

Im running Vista Ultimate.

No the file is not read only, and have ensured the sageTV folders are not either.

Just tried again with TOS1 = none and TOS2 = none - no change.

Sorry if im taking up all your spare time here guys - i do really appreciate your input and suggestions though! :-)
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes I do have two cards, but thought i would just try and get it going with one for starters
Have you removed the second card from the machine? Might be worth only having one card in the machine, in case there's something weird happening with the Vista drivers.

John
Old 07-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

There is also an STV update available, Might not help, but it may be worth a try.

edit: Channel scanning can sometimes be blocked by the firewall. Here's some more info on issues running sagetv on vista http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=37

Last edited by zzmystique; 07-16-2008 at 03:24 AM. Reason: added info
Old 07-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Sage User

I have UAC turned off - and always have had on this machine - so it cant be that. Boy this is frustrating! I thought it would be a simple matter of installing some softeware and away with freeview we go - but this clearly isnt the case!

Re 2 cards, no i have both cards still installed, and it works with WINTV fine like that - so its not a driver issue.

Someone mentioned card support earlier - how do i go about finding out whether my HVR3000's are actually supported by Sage?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Someone mentioned card support earlier - how do i go about finding out whether my HVR3000's are actually supported by Sage?
Do a support request. I'm using an HVR-4000 and ZZMystique is using Nova-S cards. Both of them and the HVR-3000 are WinTV 88X cards. Maybe the HVR-3000 needs a tweak to the capture mask in the registry for it to work. They'll probably want that native.log as it shows where it's having the problem.

John