SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have one friend with a Technotrend premium card. I will ask him about the new tuning frequencies to see if he has success at 274. That will put to rest the question of whether the data is right or not. If he can tune it, then the next step is definitely to file a bug report with Digital-Everywhere. Thanks for all the help so far Anders. Enough for me tonight!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersNolberger
I am using CI with Boxer DVB-T in Sweden and i have never experienced a problem with encrypted channels. Maybe you should file a bug report with Digital-Everywhere and tell them your problem and what CAM you are using.

Anders
Anders,

I tried scanning 618000 again. 1002 and 1003 are found (encrypted) but 1001 (not encrypted) is still not found. In the stable version I could add the channel by editing the settings.xml and it would tune afterwards.

This is an extract from a dump of MediaPortal:

<section name="0">
<entry name="INDEX">0</entry>
<entry name="Scrambled">no</entry>
<entry name="ID">90</entry>
<entry name="Number">10001</entry>
<entry name="Name">Nederland 1</entry>
<entry name="Country">-1</entry>
<entry name="External">no</entry>
<entry name="External Tuner Channel" />
<entry name="Frequency">0,000</entry>
<entry name="Analog Standard Index">None</entry>
<entry name="Visible in Guide">yes</entry>
<entry name="DVBCFreq">618000</entry>
<entry name="DVBCONID">1000</entry>
<entry name="DVBCTSID">10</entry>
<entry name="DVBCSID">10001</entry>
<entry name="DVBCSR">6875</entry>
<entry name="DVBCInnerFeq">-1</entry>
<entry name="DVBCModulation">3</entry>
<entry name="DVBCProvider">TV Home</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioPid">46</entry>
<entry name="DVBCVideoPid">47</entry>
<entry name="DVBCTeletextPid">45</entry>
<entry name="DVBCPmtPid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudio1Pid">46</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudio2Pid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudio3Pid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAC3Pid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCPCRPid">47</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage">Dutch</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage1">Dutch</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage2">unknown</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage3">unknown</entry>
<entry name="DVBCHasEITPresentFollow">yes</entry>
<entry name="DVBCHasEITSchedule">yes</entry>
</section>
<section name="1">
<entry name="INDEX">1</entry>
<entry name="Scrambled">yes</entry>
<entry name="ID">91</entry>
<entry name="Number">10002</entry>
<entry name="Name">Nederland 2</entry>
<entry name="Country">-1</entry>
<entry name="External">no</entry>
<entry name="External Tuner Channel" />
<entry name="Frequency">0,000</entry>
<entry name="Analog Standard Index">None</entry>
<entry name="Visible in Guide">yes</entry>
<entry name="DVBCFreq">618000</entry>
<entry name="DVBCONID">1000</entry>
<entry name="DVBCTSID">10</entry>
<entry name="DVBCSID">10002</entry>
<entry name="DVBCSR">6875</entry>
<entry name="DVBCInnerFeq">-1</entry>
<entry name="DVBCModulation">3</entry>
<entry name="DVBCProvider">TV Home</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioPid">92</entry>
<entry name="DVBCVideoPid">518</entry>
<entry name="DVBCTeletextPid">35</entry>
<entry name="DVBCPmtPid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudio1Pid">92</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudio2Pid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudio3Pid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAC3Pid">0</entry>
<entry name="DVBCPCRPid">518</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage">Dutch</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage1">Dutch</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage2">unknown</entry>
<entry name="DVBCAudioLanguage3">unknown</entry>
<entry name="DVBCHasEITPresentFollow">yes</entry>
<entry name="DVBCHasEITSchedule">yes</entry>
</section>

Do you need values from MyTheatre as well?
Old 02-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Anders,

I took a look in SDT.bin and saw the missing channel mentioned: Nederland 1.
So I'm sending the files anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 618000.zip (718 Bytes, 198 views)
Old 02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie658
Anders,

I took a look in SDT.bin and saw the missing channel mentioned: Nederland 1.
So I'm sending the files anyway.
Good.

Most of the comments above is to Madcoder that had a problem where the card would not tune. In your case you can find some of the channels so the problem is not the same.

I am looking at your PAT and I can see 10001 mentioned but not in the place I excpect. I will look into why and get back to you.

Anders
Old 02-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

archie68 and nickjp: I have a new test version for you to try. It is located at www.nolberger.se/SBDARecorderTest3.zip. I think it will work this time. A small missunderstanding of the DVB standards by me.

Anders
Old 02-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Sage User

It looks OK!!. Test3 version finds all the channels, and I can record them using SBDA recorder. Cannot check the stream yet, will do when I get home.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjp
It looks OK!!. Test3 version finds all the channels, and I can record them using SBDA recorder. Cannot check the stream yet, will do when I get home.
Super! I will make some more changes and hopefully release a new version this weekend. I can compile a version tonight that does not make the debug files for thoose with this problem.

Anders
Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Sage User

I just checked the stream by downloading the recorded part and playing it in mediaplayer and that's ok as well.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Until the next release thoose with problems scanning for channels can use the files at http://www.nolberger.se/SBDARecorder.zip.

Anders
Old 02-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi again Anders. I can now verify that with a Technotrend Premium card, that the 274 mhz transponder here in Helsinki is working and my problems with the FireDTV are due to that device. I will now report the defect to Digital-Everywhere. I hope that they can help out with this one.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

That is a strange problem. Not that I think it would help but did you test the SBDARecorderTest2.zip file? It would be interesting.

Good luck!

Anders
Old 02-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That is a strange problem. Not that I think it would help but did you test the SBDARecorderTest2.zip file? It would be interesting.

Good luck!

Anders
Yes, I sure did. I also tried SBDARecorderTest3.zip. None of them will tune that 274mhz.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I submitted a support request to Digital-Everywhere's support email box a few minutes ago. Lets see if they can help.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I think it will work this time.

Anders
You are absolutely right! This one finds and tunes all the channels over here.

Since this is working , I've some other questions. On the cable network over here there are two HD demonstration channels. I'm able to record the one that's broadcasting in MPEG2 (can't play it, since my current recording PC only does 1024x576 - no monitor attached). But there's also a MP4 channel (I think it's H.264). Would it be wise to specify a graph per channel? BTW, if you need a beta tester for that...

At the moment I cannot record BBC 3, 4 or NGC. Might the fact that there's no actual broadcasting going on right now (only a still screen) be the cause of that? Is that a designed or an unknown feature?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Regarding the coding for CI resets. You originally tried 3 times for a stream and then reset the CI, but then you tried resetting it everytime to help issues with the CI, and then you agreed that it might help to make the tuner tune to a specified nonencrypted channel for an instant before going on to another encrypted channel. I would suggest that maybe you could have an option that we could set in the properties file for this because it would be a shame to slow down tuning for those that don't have these problems at all, and those of us that have problems could use whichever of the 3 methods works best for us. I know that everyone is always wanting faster channel changes and I am afraid that if you don't make it an option, then a lot of people will get slower channel changes when it isn't necessary for them.

Regarding the beta testing for HD channels, I think there is one here too that I could start playing with. I would also be interested to help out with perhaps getting subtitling as an option, if there is some testing or data gathering that you could use some help with!

Last edited by Madcoder; 02-10-2006 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie658
But there's also a MP4 channel (I think it's H.264). Would it be wise to specify a graph per channel? BTW, if you need a beta tester for that...

At the moment I cannot record BBC 3, 4 or NGC. Might the fact that there's no actual broadcasting going on right now (only a still screen) be the cause of that? Is that a designed or an unknown feature?
The H.264 channel wont be recorded since I don't know how the pids is typed. There might also be a problem finding a mux that is capable of muxing mpeg4 streams. And also if Sage is capable of playing it. Can you first remove all old pmt files in your SBDA directory and then use the test3 version to scan one frequency where there are mpeg4 channels and then post all pmt and bin files to me?

Is BBC 3, 4 and NGC channels mpeg 4?

Anders
Old 02-10-2006, 04:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Regarding the coding for CI resets. You originally tried 3 times for a stream and then reset the CI, but then you tried resetting it everytime to help issues with the CI, and then you agreed that it might help to make the tuner tune to a specified nonencrypted channel for an instant before going on to another encrypted channel. I would suggest that maybe you could have an option that we could set in the properties file for this because it would be a shame to slow down tuning for those that don't have these problems at all, and those of us that have problems could use whichever of the 3 methods works best for us. I know that everyone is always wanting faster channel changes and I am afraid that if you don't make it an option, then a lot of people will get slower channel changes when it isn't necessary for them.

Regarding the beta testing for HD channels, I think there is one here too that I could start playing with. I would also be interested to help out with perhaps getting subtitling as an option, if there is some testing or data gathering that you could use some help with!
I am planning to make the CI workarounds as options since I don't want to slow down my own channel changes!

Can you also use the test3 version to save pmt and bin files so that I can se how your HD channel is marked?

Subtitling is a problem since I don't know how to show them in Sage. I am going to look at parsing them from the DVB stream and possibly save them in a text file on disk (smi?). Sage should be able to show them but probably not on live tv.

Anders
Old 02-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi again. I will check the HD channel with Test3 today when I have time.

I wanted to quickly post a follow up on the Digital-Everywhere issue with transponder tuning. This MIGHT be an issue for someone else too.

My issue is solved with the non-tunable transponder. I have signal splitters in place to connect a digibox, cable modem, and FireDTV. Evidently they lower the signal quality and/or strength enough that the particular transponder I had a problem with will not work. This is good advice for anyone, to try a direct connection while doing channel scanning if there are any issues. I don't know why I didn't think about the fact that different transponders might have different signal strengths. Oh well, that is one problem fixed.

Digital-Everywhere deserves some credit for responding very fast to my request. I have had bad experiences with some companies and email support. Great job.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
The H.264 channel wont be recorded since I don't know how the pids is typed.

Is BBC 3, 4 and NGC channels mpeg 4?
I attached the files from the test fequency of the cable network. No encryption is being used, since it is purely for internal testing. There are no decoders out yet to view the stream. Right now my hardware is certainly not capable of showing (H.264) HD files, but things can change. It's probably to early to put a lot of time into this, but it might be good to keep the options open.

The BBC channels and National Geographic Channel are normal SD MPEG2 channels. Just checked NGC: it started broadcasting and recording now works. I would not know why someone would like to record a still screen, but using live tv (from within SageTV) it is pretty anoying since SageTV is freezing, waiting for the stream. Maybe a "No Signal" or "Error" respons from SBAR could prevent that. Now SBDARecorder has to be killed (uses 95% CPU) in order to regain access to SageTV.

Keep up the good work!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 255000.zip (710 Bytes, 200 views)
Old 02-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Version 2.0.0.6 is now available on my homepage.

To upgrade just copy all files to your install directory except the settings.xml file.

To enable the new options for CI on a FireDTV press the arrow on the tuner combobox and choose the same tuner again. Two new options to reset the CI should appear at the bottom of the screen. These should only be checked if you have problems with CI hanging since they slow down channel changes.
The option appears automatically on a new installation when you have a FireDTV.

This version can detect H.264 video pids but I don’t know if it works to connect it to any mux since I still type it as mpeg2 on the filter pin. Can someone with a H.264 channel test what happens?

Anders