SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Sage User

OK. I was thinking for some reason that the "run at intervals" looked for the xml(compress) trigger to activate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
Let me try once more If you use the "run at intervals" independant of the "Use Job File Trigger" it will monitor your input directory (i.e. your main recordings folder) and as soon as a file is done being commercial skipped (as I monitor for the .Vprj file) it will grab the .mpg and encode it. Thus your files would be available sooner then if you just have it launch at 2am.

In either case, I'll add an option next week to allow it to close on completion, that easy enough. Just seems like the run at intervals option would do what you want without having to schedule the task schedule.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

well, I'm not blonde, but I feel like it today!

so it's techincally working, but I still don't understand how to trigger it and how to trigger the compress (xml) file. I don't have videoredo. so if I do the comm skip, I can't tweak it before compressing, and since I don't have videoredo, the commercials will be in the compressed file. As in my previous post, compress (xml file creation) in cayars 17 isn't doing anything either.

And all the folders are confusing me too. How do the folders I set up in this relate to those in the cayars compress settings?
Old 04-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzerbee
so it's techincally working, but I still don't understand how to trigger it and how to trigger the compress (xml) file. I don't have videoredo. so if I do the comm skip, I can't tweak it before compressing, and since I don't have videoredo, the commercials will be in the compressed file. As in my previous post, compress (xml file creation) in cayars 17 isn't doing anything either.

And all the folders are confusing me too. How do the folders I set up in this relate to those in the cayars compress settings?
There are two folders that relate to the STV you're using: 1) Input folder - the directory that says where all your recordings are. 2) Trigger folder (can't remember what I called it, maybe it's jobs) - this folder IS related to Cayars STV and the compression JOBS folder you setup in the STV. When you push the compress button in Cayars it "should" just create a .mpg.xml file in that jobs directory and do nothing else (at least that's how it reacts on my machine). By pressing the cancel compress it deletes the .mpg.xml file from the jobs folder. So I'm not quite sure that I follow what you're saying. Anyway, once that .mpg.xml file is created, if you use my program with "use job file trigger" selected then it looks in the job folder specified for the .xml file to tell it which .mpgs to encode. The actual encoding process done by my program will take upwards of an hour.

On a side note, you can edit the .mpg before compressing if desired, it just won't be automated as with videoredo. There's also a 15 day trial of videoredo if you're interested in that.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien
OK. I was thinking for some reason that the "run at intervals" looked for the xml(compress) trigger to activate.
So does that do what you need?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Sage User

If this does as you say then this should work. Though I might at some point want it to not just do it right away and use the close on completion.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Sage User

OK. Tried it for a few days and every 5 mins my system stutters. While playing vids or music. Does this process also run in low priority with the rest or does it have its own when checking?

I have a 2800+ Barton (2.07) with a gig of ram.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK. Tried it for a few days and every 5 mins my system stutters. While playing vids or music. Does this process also run in low priority with the rest or does it have its own when checking?

I have a 2800+ Barton (2.07) with a gig of ram.
It does not run low priority but merely calls the encoder and videoredo to be whatever priority you set them to. I guess I'll have to look into that for the future though. I am somewhat curious as to why it would pull your system down though...
Old 04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
It does not run low priority but merely calls the encoder and videoredo to be whatever priority you set them to. I guess I'll have to look into that for the future though. I am somewhat curious as to why it would pull your system down though...

Well I'm not useing VideoReDo right now because I have too many dark shows at the moment so Commskips has a rough time with it.

I guess just calling on that CMD is causing all that lag? I really can't understanded why that would be. The system isnt pushed to its limits by any strecth. specially just playing a mp3. But the gui, vid, and sound all get housed for about 3 - 4 secs every 5 mins when I have that option on. Grrr

But hey the problems are what makes it fun to get working.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

0.1.5 trying again after giving up for a few days.maybe I should just get dr divx. I think it's probably closer to my user level

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file "G:\sageencoder\wmelog.txt" because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
at WME.wme.RunProgram()
at WME.wme.timer1_Tick_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.6018
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.0.3705/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WME
Assembly Version: 1.0.1923.29743
Win32 Version: 1.0.1923.29743
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Windows%20Media%20Components/Encoder/WME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
0.1.5 trying again after giving up for a few days.maybe I should just get dr divx. I think it's probably closer to my user level
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file "G:\sageencoder\wmelog.txt" because it is being used by another process.
Don't give up just yet It's a work in progress and I just need to add more error handling.

Anyway, from what this tells me you had the log open in a program that didn't want to share, so close the log and try again. If that's not the case, let me know.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well I'm not useing VideoReDo right now because I have too many dark shows at the moment so Commskips has a rough time with it.

I guess just calling on that CMD is causing all that lag? I really can't understanded why that would be. The system isnt pushed to its limits by any strecth. specially just playing a mp3. But the gui, vid, and sound all get housed for about 3 - 4 secs every 5 mins when I have that option on. Grrr

But hey the problems are what makes it fun to get working.
It's getting better... I think...

Anyway, I'll see what I can do. I've been spending my time trying to get the web interface to work... this learning curve is harder then I first thought, so it's taking me awhile to figure out what all is going on. Anyway, if I don't get there soon I'll go ahead and release another version of Sage Encoder with some fixes...
Old 04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Don't give up just yet It's a work in progress and I just need to add more error handling.

Anyway, from what this tells me you had the log open in a program that didn't want to share, so close the log and try again. If that's not the case, let me know.
Thanks, you are very nice.

I don;t know what other program would have had the log open? I didn't open it
I went into sage, clicked compress... let that run in the background and create the xml. went to the menu item for this and ran it. after a while, I got that error. Funny thing is, the WMV file seems ok.
Tried again on a 2d show.. no go, stopped when the wmv file was 3 kb. long time passed.

As I posted in teh cayars thread, it says compressing for 30 min+ for a 1 minute file. That's the step before it gets to ffmpeg. I did what you said in your PDF file. I don't know what else to try. OUt of town tomorrow. May get back to this in a few days.

Thanks again
I appreciate your work adn sharing with us.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Sage Icon

I guess it'll be a while before SageEncoder can transcode on-the-fly LiveTV WMV streaming and channel changing options? I mean, I'm not holding my breath.

BTV does this and its the only reason why I'm still using it. But I'm hoping to find an alternative software.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks, you are very nice.

I don;t know what other program would have had the log open? I didn't open it
I went into sage, clicked compress... let that run in the background and create the xml. went to the menu item for this and ran it. after a while, I got that error. Funny thing is, the WMV file seems ok.
Tried again on a 2d show.. no go, stopped when the wmv file was 3 kb. long time passed.

As I posted in teh cayars thread, it says compressing for 30 min+ for a 1 minute file. That's the step before it gets to ffmpeg. I did what you said in your PDF file. I don't know what else to try. OUt of town tomorrow. May get back to this in a few days.

Thanks again
I appreciate your work adn sharing with us.
I'm not ignoring this, I'm thinking about it in the back of my mind while I try to get this web interface to work. ALMOST have that... then I'll get back to working on the encoder program and I'll look into it more....so please be patient with me
Old 04-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
I guess it'll be a while before SageEncoder can transcode on-the-fly LiveTV WMV streaming and channel changing options? I mean, I'm not holding my breath.

BTV does this and its the only reason why I'm still using it. But I'm hoping to find an alternative software.
Ummmm, yeah, let me get back to you on that in a few months Actually, I have no idea if I could do this or not (the biggest problem being that I don't have studio, so I don't know what hooks are available)...but I'll put it at the bottom of the list and think on it.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Talking

Good news! I just got the web portion working!! So, by the end of the week(end?) expect an updated version (and update of neilm's webserver) that will allow you to select which files are encoded via the web.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Good news! I just got the web portion working!! So, by the end of the week(end?) expect an updated version (and update of neilm's webserver) that will allow you to select which files are encoded via the web.
Great. Don't worry about a day or two. I can wait.
Marne
Old 04-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Sage User

Quote:

Old 04-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Status...

Running tests on the next version tonight... if all goes well I should be able to release tomorrow... but I may elect to wait until Friday just to make sure I have most of the bugs worked out... anyway, it looks like encoding from the web is working, just have to make sure the rest still works and that I hopefully got rid of more bugs then I created
Old 04-22-2005, 08:48 AM
Sage User

Cayars18 Ultimate STV

The new STV for Cayars now does this too. Sounds like it might mess up your trigger switch if installed. But at the same time it also sounds like it might have all the info needed to pull user friendly show names now. Instead of just the "Shownametitle432893401", we might actually be able to get it too look like "showname esp1". This would also make it easier to orginize the shows into folders with the show names. As it is right now, you get one show per folder which doesnt really help in orginizing the files much. Example you have a folder called "Shownametitle432893401" with one wmv in it called "Shownametitle432893401". With the additional info it might be possible to have it make a folder called "showname" with many of the same wmv shows like "showname esp#". Just a thought.

"Added a process that writes an XML file for every TV file on your system. The XML file contains all the EPG data for the show as well as information such as the channel it was recorded on, it's location when captured, the capture board used, etc.. This XML file will have multiple uses, but the first thing that will make use of it will be the external Commercial Detect Manager."