SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
I tested it with virtual dub version 1.5.10. I'm surprised that the latest version doesn't support mpeg2 files...but I'm not sure what to point you towards to help with that... other then I do know it works with the version I've used.

-AJ
There is an mpeg2 version, for those who are interested, I found it here: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to GadgetGuy
Open Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
Hi,

just tried your tool, but I have one problem:
I am only interested to recode to divx, but the current version of VirtualDub (1.6.11?) does not seem to recognize mpeg2 files. With what version did you test?

Oliver
I noticed the same issue when I attempted to use VirtualDub v1.6.11 last night. Did some research and apparently VirtualDub has never been able to accept MPEG2 files as input without frameserving. Are you sure you got this to work originally? Perhaps you were using VirtualDubMod instead? I would really like to get Divx or Xvid working, but I have no coding background.

I also keep getting the following error:

Quote:
1/3/2006 11:12:19 PM: Loop completed...waiting 5 minutes
1/3/2006 11:17:19 PM: processing D:\My Videos\SageTV\Recordings\MythBusters-BulletProofWater-3182143-0.VPrj
1/3/2006 11:17:19 PM: file all ready processed.
File Doesn't Exist!
D:\My Videos\SageTV\Recordings\Shrink\MythBusters\MythBusters-BulletProofWater-3182143-0.wmv
The error does not cause a problem, but the software keeps creating duplicate, empty folders below the designated output directory. Suggestions?

Finally, would it be possible to "move" the resulting compressed file to another directory, instead of "copying" it? Could add a checkbox to accomodate. Not critical, but am trying to eliminate human intervention and have the compressed files sync to my laptop while on road in middle of the night. I have it working, but I then need to manually move each file to my Archos AV500 prior to heading to plane each day.

Thanks for the nice work! Great job.
Server #1 (SageTV Recorder) - 3.0Ghz P4/1GB Ram/250GB HD/PVR-150/PVR-250/GigE LAN/WinXP SP1/SageTV v2.2.6RC (Production)/SageEncoder w/MS Foldershare
Server #2 (ShowCenter/Media Server) - 1.9Ghz AMD/1.5GB Ram/1 TB RAID 5/GigE LAN/Win2k3 SP1/ShowCenter Server v1.51 (Production)
Client #1 - Pinnacle ShowCenter/100Mb LAN
Client #2 - 3.0Ghz P4/1GB Ram/200GB HD/GigE LAN/WinXP SP1/SageClient v2.2.6RC/Cayers_STV
Client #3 - 3.0Ghz P4/1GB Ram/200GB HD/GigE LAN/WinXP SP2/SageClient v2.2.6RC/Maldude2_STV/Meedio
Clients #4-8 - WinXP SP2 PC / Meedio / TBD
LAN Switch - 16 Port GigE
Old 01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
There is an mpeg2 version, for those who are interested, I found it here: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/
I located and installed this modded version above, and was able to successfully load a SageTV recorded file. The mpeg2 filter appears to work. However...when I try to use SageEncoder, I encounter the following issues:

1. I cannot seem to "turn off" WMV encoding - it appears to be hardcoded in the software. Is that correct? Even when I removed the reference to the WMV encoder, SA still encodes WMV properly. Which leads to question #2:

2. Where are settings kept? Cannot locate.

3. When the WMV encode is complete, the system then attempts to encode using VirtualDub, but halts immediately with the following error:

Quote:
Cannot open file "-q":
The system cannot find the file specified.
When I click OK, nothing else happens, script appears to hang, and the final routines never occur (moving the encoded file to new folder and HTML files creation).

I think, I'm close, but I wonder if the modded VDub is not accepting script input properly from SA.

Suggestions? Would love to get this working before I leave town next week.
Server #1 (SageTV Recorder) - 3.0Ghz P4/1GB Ram/250GB HD/PVR-150/PVR-250/GigE LAN/WinXP SP1/SageTV v2.2.6RC (Production)/SageEncoder w/MS Foldershare
Server #2 (ShowCenter/Media Server) - 1.9Ghz AMD/1.5GB Ram/1 TB RAID 5/GigE LAN/Win2k3 SP1/ShowCenter Server v1.51 (Production)
Client #2 - 3.0Ghz P4/1GB Ram/200GB HD/GigE LAN/WinXP SP1/SageClient v2.2.6RC/Cayers_STV
Client #3 - 3.0Ghz P4/1GB Ram/200GB HD/GigE LAN/WinXP SP2/SageClient v2.2.6RC/Maldude2_STV/Meedio
Old 01-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGuy
I located and installed this modded version above, and was able to successfully load a SageTV recorded file. The mpeg2 filter appears to work. However...when I try to use SageEncoder, I encounter the following issues:
Glad that worked for you - I know I had it working with the version I have, but it's been awhile, so maybe I did do something special...but I don't recall having done anything.....
Quote:
1. I cannot seem to "turn off" WMV encoding - it appears to be hardcoded in the software. Is that correct? Even when I removed the reference to the WMV encoder, SA still encodes WMV properly. Which leads to question #2:

2. Where are settings kept? Cannot locate.
Yes, when I originally wrote the program it was meant to stream wmv files from a webpage. I later added the "divx" option as this seemed useful to people. I plan to remedy that with the next release and allow you to turn off the web pages and the wmv output as desired.

Settings are stored in the registry. "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SageEncode" is where they should show up.
Quote:
3. When the WMV encode is complete, the system then attempts to encode using VirtualDub, but halts immediately with the following error:

When I click OK, nothing else happens, script appears to hang, and the final routines never occur (moving the encoded file to new folder and HTML files creation).

I think, I'm close, but I wonder if the modded VDub is not accepting script input properly from SA.

Suggestions? Would love to get this working before I leave town next week.
Sounds like the version of virtualDub you're using requires the arguments to be in a different order. Or, perhaps, it doesn't recognize the -q argument I'm passing (it comes after the output filename). Not sure exactly, but on the up side I hope to impliment a way for you to be able to customize the arguments to fit what you need.

Hope that helps, guess I'd better start coding...

-AJ
Old 01-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_kid
Ok I have everything setup and running fine, thanks for all your hard work. How can I change the link on the html page so instead of pointing to driveletter:/show.wmv it is listed as mms://server/show.wmv ? I have sage installed on windows 2003 server so I enabled windows media server and have setup the directories to point to the output of sage encoder. Now all I need is a for the links on the pages geneerated by sage enocder to use the mms://server/show.wmv link and i'll be able to stream shows using windows media server.
That_kid,

In my current webpage output, it looks like the following:
Code:
<object id="MediaPlayer1" CLASSID="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" 
standby="Loading Microsoft Windows® Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject" width="480" height="360"> 
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true"> 
<param name="AutoStart" value="true"> 
<param name="ShowControls" value="true"> 

<param name="FileName" value="KelseyGrammerPresentsTheSketchShow-2565270-0.wmv">

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" src="KelseyGrammerPresentsTheSketchShow-2565270-0.wmv" name="KelseyGrammerPresentsTheSketchShow - " width="480" height="360" AutoStart="true"ShowDisplayr="true" showControls="true"^></embed>
</object>
what exactly do need to be able to change in the way this shows up?

-AJ
Old 01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I also keep getting the following error:
Quote:
1/3/2006 11:12:19 PM: Loop completed...waiting 5 minutes
1/3/2006 11:17:19 PM: processing D:\My Videos\SageTV\Recordings\MythBusters-BulletProofWater-3182143-0.VPrj
1/3/2006 11:17:19 PM: file all ready processed.
File Doesn't Exist!
D:\My Videos\SageTV\Recordings\Shrink\MythBusters\MythBusters-BulletProofWater-3182143-0.wmv
The error does not cause a problem, but the software keeps creating duplicate, empty folders below the designated output directory. Suggestions?

Finally, would it be possible to "move" the resulting compressed file to another directory, instead of "copying" it? Could add a checkbox to accomodate. Not critical, but am trying to eliminate human intervention and have the compressed files sync to my laptop while on road in middle of the night. I have it working, but I then need to manually move each file to my Archos AV500 prior to heading to plane each day.
This is a debug output that I put in when working with someone else to figure out a bug. It shows up when it can't find the input .mpg file but it DID find a .vprj file. Thus it's creating the empty directory in preparation of putting the output file there.

Also - which files are being copied and not moved? What settings are you using? Output files _should_ be moved and not copied if everything is operating correctly.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Test v0.4.0

Attached is a new version with some of the changes you've been asking for. If a few of you could test it out and let me know if you find any glitches (like it doesn't work at all), I'd really appreciate it. Or, if it works, please let me know that.

-AJ

Edit - Attachment removed, please see post #210.

Last edited by ajuhawk; 01-08-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That_kid,

In my current webpage output, it looks like the following:
Code:
<object id="MediaPlayer1" CLASSID="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" 
standby="Loading Microsoft Windows® Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject" width="480" height="360"> 
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true"> 
<param name="AutoStart" value="true"> 
<param name="ShowControls" value="true"> 

<param name="FileName" value="KelseyGrammerPresentsTheSketchShow-2565270-0.wmv">

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" src="KelseyGrammerPresentsTheSketchShow-2565270-0.wmv" name="KelseyGrammerPresentsTheSketchShow - " width="480" height="360" AutoStart="true"ShowDisplayr="true" showControls="true"^></embed>
</object>
what exactly do need to be able to change in the way this shows up?

-AJ
I need to have the pointer changed from referencing the direct file to using the mms protocol. This way when a link is clicked the reference will be sent to windows media server which will then setup the stream.So instead of (param name="FileName") it would be mms://server/. I'll check out the latest version and let you know.

Last edited by that_kid; 01-08-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I need to have the pointer changed from referencing the direct file to using the mms protocol. This way when a link is clicked the reference will be sent to windows media server which will then setup the stream.So instead of (param name="FileName") it would be mms://server/. I'll check out the latest version and let you know.
Ok, and then value remains the same, right? I'll add a place for you to set what the parameter is then.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Test v0.4.1

This version has the added ability to change the parameter name in the output html code. Let me know how it works. I'll remove v0.4.0 as this is the only change between the two.

-AJ

EDIT: Removed attachment. v0.4.1 now available on the first post.

Last edited by ajuhawk; 01-25-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Sage User

Quote:
This is a debug output that I put in when working with someone else to figure out a bug. It shows up when it can't find the input .mpg file but it DID find a .vprj file. Thus it's creating the empty directory in preparation of putting the output file there..
OK - let me verify that one. I thought I saw it when the loop started and SE checked it's log file and found it had already processed that particular file.

Quote:
Also - which files are being copied and not moved? What settings are you using? Output files _should_ be moved and not copied if everything is operating correctly.
Sorry - I was not clear. The system is moving the initial files properly -- I was referrring to the alternate Divx file location (#2). Until I can get the Divx working, it's really not important, as WMV appears to work fine.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The system is moving the initial files properly -- I was referrring to the alternate Divx file location (#2). Until I can get the Divx working, it's really not important, as WMV appears to work fine.
Ah, ok, I follow you now. Once I get some feedback on v0.4.1 I'll make an option for that for you.

-AJ
Old 01-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have the latest Nielm web server installed with Sage 2.2.8.

Now that Nielm has all kinds of links on his detailed page. For instance, there is a HTTP link next to the movie. Currently this just links to the MPG file. Could SageEncoder/webserver be setup to create the WMV or DIVX for these links?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
I have the latest Nielm web server installed with Sage 2.2.8.

Now that Nielm has all kinds of links on his detailed page. For instance, there is a HTTP link next to the movie. Currently this just links to the MPG file. Could SageEncoder/webserver be setup to create the WMV or DIVX for these links?
It's probably possible - Neilm would be the one to contact about that. One thing you would have to do is set the output directory to the same as the input so the files don't get moved...which could cause a problem with the way I have the program delete the original... Anyway, I guess I'd start by talking with Neil and seeing if it's even possible and then I can help out with any Sage Encoder problems that arise.

-AJ
Old 01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's probably possible - Neilm would be the one to contact about that. One thing you would have to do is set the output directory to the same as the input so the files don't get moved...which could cause a problem with the way I have the program delete the original... Anyway, I guess I'd start by talking with Neil and seeing if it's even possible and then I can help out with any Sage Encoder problems that arise.

-AJ
Ok Nielm has put it on his list albeit at the bottom. Oh well. BTW, I didn't think you deleted the original...
Old 01-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
Ok Nielm has put it on his list albeit at the bottom. Oh well. BTW, I didn't think you deleted the original...
original mpg, no, original wmv, yes - i.e. I create the wmv in the input dir and then move it to the output dir. At least, that's what is supposed to happen.

-AJ
Old 01-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
original mpg, no, original wmv, yes - i.e. I create the wmv in the input dir and then move it to the output dir. At least, that's what is supposed to happen.

-AJ
Ok my misunderstanding....
Old 01-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

How's v0.4.1 working? If all is well, I'd like to go ahead and "release" it on the first post... if it's not, I'd like to fix the bugs

-AJ
Old 01-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok i'm back from a crazy week, I wanted to post earlier but it kept slipping my mind. I tried changing the settings but it didn't work. Is there a way to make a page with links to the media instead of an embedded player? I think that's what I need to get the mms streaming working. So far no matter what I do the link always points directly to the file. Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok i'm back from a crazy week, I wanted to post earlier but it kept slipping my mind. I tried changing the settings but it didn't work. Is there a way to make a page with links to the media instead of an embedded player? I think that's what I need to get the mms streaming working. So far no matter what I do the link always points directly to the file. Thanks for all the hard work.
Tell you what - can you play with the html and get it to where it works for you and then post the html page and I'll see what I can do to make that one of the options? I think that'll probably be easier for me to make the changes anyway.