SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

ignore w/ webserver

Hi, using SA with Dirmon and webserver. In SA under auto profile selection i say not to process say exactly channel 13. So, all set up to skip 13. I start to process using Dirmon, and is keeps runnings SA on shows from 13. I also tried to use channel name, but no good. The only thing that seems to work is ignore ist in Dirmon, but would much prefer channel number. any ideas?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Sage Icon

do you have SA setup to connect and talk to Nielm's webserver? Cause without that SA does even know the channel number or channel name.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, I have SA setup to talk to Nielm's webserver. But it still ignore the channels in the rules list.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre
Yes, I have SA setup to talk to Nielm's webserver. But it still ignore the channels in the rules list.
When you click the test connection button is it successful?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I think the throttle setting is in the SA setup, not DirMon.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre
i say not to process say exactly channel 13.
Try changing that to "contains" 13 and see if that works better.

Jere
Old 01-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, the test connection in SA works. I also tried some to say "contains" the name of the channel, not sure if I did "contains" the number. I will try that. But i think i would then be unable to exclude say 400-500 in just one line, and have to set up for each one. Thanks for the all help folks. Do others have the rules to exclude channels working? Using exactly, or contains?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Keep in mind that SA will still run but not actually scan on the show but it should then create an empty text file for it then move on to the next one.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, that is my understanding. But as DirMon was running, it was calling SA which was doing full scans on the files from the excluded channels. Perhaps this: would these exclusions work only on recording in the future, not in the past? The ones i have were recorded over the last year, and i had the channels ignored in the Cayars STV...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Sage Icon

It should work fine on old files as long as they are still in the Sage Recordings with the appropriate guide data associated with them.

Do me a favor and see if the episode ID in the file name (5 or 6 digits or so) matches the ID when viewing the associated recording details for that show in Nielm's web interface.

Also when SA is scanning one of those shows if you bring up the SA status window you should see info about the show if the web connection is working properly...like what channel number and name are etc.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
Try changing that to "contains" 13 and see if that works better.

Jere
Jere,
Have you updated SA to work properly with the latest available webserver? I haven't done any deep testing but I'm pretty sure SA was ignoring my do not process while recording or playing back stuff the other day.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Jere,
Have you updated SA to work properly with the latest available webserver? I haven't done any deep testing but I'm pretty sure SA was ignoring my do not process while recording or playing back stuff the other day.
Last I knew, version 2.5 didn't work right but 2.6 worked fine. I don't even have it set up anymore so if you are having problems with 2.6, then I'll investigate it.

Jere
Old 01-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Last I knew, version 2.5 didn't work right but 2.6 worked fine. I don't even have it set up anymore so if you are having problems with 2.6, then I'll investigate it.

Jere
Perhaps this is what is happening to sabre. I'll have to delete a txt file for a show on a channel I have set to not process and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Do me a favor and see if the episode ID in the file name (5 or 6 digits or so) matches the ID when viewing the associated recording details for that show in Nielm's web interface.

Also when SA is scanning one of those shows if you bring up the SA status window you should see info about the show if the web connection is working properly...like what channel number and name are etc.

Ok, thanks. I will check this out when i get home tonight
Old 01-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Jere-

I don't know if this is right or not. If not, I apologize for the potential wild goose chase. That said, if I remember/understand correctly with the DirMon/ShowAnalyzer setup, you set DirMon up to montior a particular directory for mpeg files. If it finds an mpeg file without a same named txt file, it kicks off showanalyzer to find the commercials, etc. It is my understanding DirMon also monitors the directory for any txt files that exist where the mpeg file is no longer there. In such instances, it deletes the txt files which are no longer needed. Ture? Not true?

In the latest release of SA, edl files are now created. Now, I know I can turn these off. However, FWIW, if they are kept, it does not seem to me that DirMon deletes these edl files the way it does the txt files when the mpeg file is no longer around. I am not sure if this is the case, just a suspicion at this point, but thought I would mention it.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

malbec,

Add edl to the "Target Extensions" block and they will be deleted.

Jere
Old 01-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Sage Icon

Jere,
Just did some testing and it seems the web connectivity stuff isn't working properly anymore. I don't see any show info in the SA status and it also pauses the processing and never starts it again if I have it set to pause during playback and recording. It also processed a show on my do not process list like sabre was describing. Looks like it may be time to revisit it. I know a lot has changed in the webserver recently so this may have something to do with it. I'm running webserver 2.6 and latest SA.

EDIT:
I take some of this back. The do not process rules still work (I had turned off web server functionality temporarily for testing hence why a do not process show got scanned) but the pausing while recording or watching isn't working right.

Last edited by ToxMox; 01-31-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I need to test more, but think the rules may work. Too tired to look now, hopefully by the weekend. thanks
Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
malbec,

Add edl to the "Target Extensions" block and they will be deleted.

Jere
Thanks Jere!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Jere,

I've been out of comisssion since late August due to Hurricane Katrina. Sadly this has kept me busy for quite a while. Actually I just got my media server and sage clients up and running again.

My media server still has Dirmon .23 running - are there any issues with just installing .25 over it?

Any new issues I should be aware of? I guess I'm off to read the ShowAnalyzer thread. I'm still running Comskip, I never got the chance to switch over to SA yet.

Thanks,

Andy